THINK, now: Would Doomsday have killed the Batman?

hippie_hunter said:
If Batman finds a way to deprive the Grimace of his unending supply of McDonalds shakes, then he has some chance. Otherwise, no. Batman's superpower of prep-time (which Amazo apparently copied in Justice League of America #5), makes him unbeatable but not against the Grimace. Without prep-time, Batman would get ass raped.

There are only two people who are equal to the Grimace in supreme power and have a chance of defeating him without prep-time. They are:

bk_brooke.jpg

260px-NorrisAsWalker.jpg
Wow! So preptime is officially a super power now?! :rolleyes: This is why Batman fans are the most hated fans in the world! How the heck can that even resemble a superpower?

Anubis said:
I still say Hulk fans are worse.
How?! You can argue that Hulk can go toe to toe with anyone due to his anger/strength thing. But Batman is said to defeat the Spectre with preptime which doesn't make any sense. But I'm willin to listen to your point of view. :)

It's not about whether or not he could beat, whoever. It's the muscle headed response that gets me. Hulk Strongest one there is, and all that garbage. Truth is, anybody that takes a zealot point of view on anything is eff'n nuts. Batman fans are the same as Hulk fans, who are the same as Liberals, who are the same as conservatives. It's one big bunch of people who really need to get laid more often or less. Depending on the problem at hand.

But Hulk fans are worse because Hulk sucks. :o

It would have gone differently. Batman would have been a bloody stain on the pavement and Doomsday would still be alive.

Anubis said:
It's not about whether or not he could beat, whoever. It's the muscle headed response that gets me. Hulk Strongest one there is, and all that garbage. Truth is, anybody that takes a zealot point of view on anything is eff'n nuts. Batman fans are the same as Hulk fans, who are the same as Liberals, who are the same as conservatives. It's one big bunch of people who really need to get laid more often or less. Depending on the problem at hand.

But Hulk fans are worse because Hulk sucks. :o

Hulk doesn't suck :(

Batman sucks:mad:

so does wolverine lol

And Spider-Man...well he sucks most of all. :o

Anubis said:
I still say Hulk fans are worse.
I disagree. Hulk is a legitmately strong and powerful opponent and has proven such on multiple occasions. He is definitely in the top ten "mightiest mortals" in comics of all time...and while Superman, Silver Surfer or Dr Strange may be more powerful than Hulk, Hulk is plenty strong.

Batman is a mere human amongst Gods. Anyone in the Justice League has more power in their pinky fingers than he has in his whole body. Yet people still insist he is better than uber powerful metas, demigods, Gods and Cosmics...some of which are so powerful that no amount of planning or prep time would do anything against them.

ShadowBoxing said:
I disagree. Hulk is a legitmately strong and powerful opponent and has proven such on multiple occasions. He is definitely in the top ten "mightiest mortals" in comics of all time...and while Superman, Silver Surfer or Dr Strange may be more powerful than Hulk, Hulk is plenty strong.

Batman is a mere human amongst Gods. Anyone in the Justice League has more power in their pinky fingers than he has in his whole body. Yet people still insist he is better than uber powerful metas, demogods, Gods and Cosmics...some of which are so powerful that no amount of planning or prep time would do anything against them.

But, he doesn't suck as hard as Hulk does. :o

Guyverjay said:
Hulk doesn't suck :(

Batman sucks:mad:

so does wolverine lol
What's up Guyver? I notice you only stop by on holidays. So we won't see you til when.......March or April?

Anyway Anubis, this is proof that Batman fans are worse than Hulk fans: when Bats & Hulk went toe to toe and Bats technically beat him. He used freakin knock out gas to defeat him. That is fanboyism as its worst IMHO. :o

I like Batman, but Doomsday+Batman=Batsplat

I just lost another IQ point from this thread

Docker said:
What's up Guyver? I notice you only stop by on holidays. So we won't see you til when.......March or April?

Anyway Anubis, this is proof that Batman fans are worse than Hulk fans: when Bats & Hulk went toe to toe and Bats technically beat him. He used freakin knock out gas to defeat him. That is fanboyism as its worst IMHO. :o

That wasn't normal knock out gas. that was belly button crud, harvested from the navel of Darksied himself. That stuff could put down the Spectre. :o

Docker said:

How is that fanboyism? The writers did that, not the fans. You can't blame the fans for something that was actually written in comics.

The fans just voted that Batman should win. It was the lazy ass writers fault they couldn't come up with a more believable reason as to why.

But Darksied's belly button crud is good enough for me.

Docker said:

Not true, I just have more of a life than I used to lol

Doomsday is a threat on a level with, maybe not Galactus, but out of Batman's league. Cosmic, somebody rightly said. Way out of Batman's league.

But is Bats smart enough to know that? To anticipate that he couldn't hope to actually survive in hand-to-hand combat against Doomsday?

I get the prep time thing; he would have said, "I'm not fighting that. I'm going to the Batcave to examine these Doomy DNAs I discovered..." It's what I initlially thought.

Some people (here) are saying Batman WOULD (try) to go toe to toe, getting instantly beaten by Doomsday. (if you don't believe that's what could happen, look at the novelization of the book... he wiped the floor with the entire JLA in about 2 minutes.) (and if that's too complex, see photo illustration of Batman kicking Doomsday on this thread...)

Would Batman bother trying to get into a fist fight with Doomsday? He might have felt he had no choice but to back off and study the situation. Or that he had no choice but to jump in and die fighting. Would he have backed off, or dove in?

I bet Captain America could beat Doomsady especially if used the Wank shield toss:o

capwankbp5.jpg

Super Mark said:
Doomsday is a threat on a level with, maybe not Galactus, but out of Batman's league. Cosmic, somebody rightly said. Way out of Batman's league.

But is Bats smart enough to know that? To anticipate that he couldn't hope to actually survive in hand-to-hand combat against Doomsday?

I get the prep time thing; he would have said, "I'm not fighting that. I'm going to the Batcave to examine these Doomy DNAs I discovered..." It's what I initlially thought.

Some people (here) are saying Batman WOULD (try) to go toe to toe, getting instantly beaten by Doomsday. (if you don't believe that's what could happen, look at the novelization of the book... he wiped the floor with the entire JLA in about 2 minutes.) (and if that's too complex, see photo illustration of Batman kicking Doomsday on this thread...)

Would Batman bother trying to get into a fist fight with Doomsday? He might have felt he had no choice but to back off and study the situation. Or that he had no choice but to jump in and die fighting. Would he have backed off, or dove in?

So he examines Doomsday's DNA? So what? What would he discover? That he has DNA that's different from everyone else's? No ****.

Anyone have a scan of Doomsday smashing that kid and his pet into the ground with a resounding "CHOOM"? Thats about how it would go...

Edit: I think it was ACTION COMICS #820, anyone have any scans?

Doomsday sucked and the whole Death story sucked. Batman would have made it atleast more than a stupid action story where Supes dies.

Caliber said:
Doomsday sucked and the whole Death story sucked. Batman would have made it atleast more than a stupid action story where Supes dies.

But that was the whole point:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"