THINK, now: Would Doomsday have killed the Batman?

sethcohen said:
b) though bruce does have a vast amount of intellect at his disposal, hes not a genetic engineer... there is a differance between radiating kryptonite to weaken it and speculate about what effect it may have and him geneticly engineering a virus or something...

ya, bats is a bad ass... ya with prep time he is hard to beat, but come on... he's smart, not a miracle worker

Yes, perhaps you are right. That does make sense; far more sense than 50 posts that are variations of "Duh! Batman'd get killed 'cause he's not as strong as Superman. Idiotic!" Maybe I should have clarified that by "fight" I didn't necessarily mean a Slugfest.

I really thought this thread would be about 10 posts long; Batman would fight hand to hand and lose. Batman would rush back to the Batcave and come up with something and win. Batman would try to come up with something and still lose.

At the risk of further riducule, let me share some of my feelings about this thread.

I certainly didn't mean disprespect to others by raising what I thought was a valid question that I was excited to share; would Batman have avoided putting himself in a position that allowed him to get killed by Doomsday.

But many posters came on very disrespectfully. Even mean, some possibly in violation of, if not the word of SHH! policy, than in violation of the spirit. I tried to have fun with the mean-ness, or ignore it. Or not let it get to me.

I'm sure most hurtful posters had great reasons for being disrespectful. "Well, if you hadn't..." or "It's because..." or "You shouldn't have..." but there's no real good reason to be hurtful to someone who isn't being hurtful.

There's no one around my area to talk about comics with. I guess I was so excited to discuss this after finally reading DOS, I was just a little disappointed is all.

I'm not sure at this second if I'm looking for pity, which I don't expect, deserve or need, or just trying to explain where I was coming from and how I feel. As some have asked, let's let this thread die.

Super Mark said:
Yes, perhaps you are right. That does make sense; far more sense than 50 posts that are variations of "Duh! Batman'd get killed 'cause he's not as strong as Superman. Idiotic!" Maybe I should have clarified that by "fight" I didn't necessarily mean a Slugfest.

I really thought this thread would be about 10 posts long; Batman would fight hand to hand and lose. Batman would rush back to the Batcave and come up with something and win. Batman would try to come up with something and still lose.

At the risk of further riducule, let me share some of my feelings about this thread.

I certainly didn't mean disprespect to others by raising what I thought was a valid question that I was excited to share; would Batman have avoided putting himself in a position that allowed him to get killed by Doomsday.

But many posters came on very disrespectfully. Even mean, some possibly in violation of, if not the word of SHH! policy, than in violation of the spirit. I tried to have fun with the mean-ness, or ignore it. Or not let it get to me.

I'm sure most hurtful posters had great reasons for being disrespectful. "Well, if you hadn't..." or "It's because..." or "You shouldn't have..." but there's no real good reason to be hurtful to someone who isn't being hurtful.

There's no one around my area to talk about comics with. I guess I was so excited to discuss this after finally reading DOS, I was just a little disappointed is all.

I'm not sure at this second if I'm looking for pity, which I don't expect, deserve or need, or just trying to explain where I was coming from and how I feel. As some have asked, let's let this thread die.

If what you really want is to hear how people can come up with ways for Batman to win, post it in the Batman forums. I'd advise you to state what you said at the end of this thread about how you just read DoS and what it made you think about. The answers will more than likely be biased, but at least you'll get what (I guess) you want.

Not to excuse the way people answered this thread, but just to give you a little insight as to why the behavior:
1) This isn't the first time a thread with this same topic was made.
2) Even when people asked you if you wanted a serious answer and what you were expecting for an answer, you never gave a straight answer.
3) Honestly, it looks like one of those threads Batman cultists or other character cultists make; as you can see, we're pretty tired of them.
4) Welcome to the Hype.

If you haven't read Superman/Doomsday: Hunter/Prey I'd suggest you read it so you can get a better grasp of the Doomsday character and just how he has evolved after each of his encounters. It also shows that Superman had to up his game to fight him again. After that, Doomsday has been mostly watered down. Also, the answers people will give will be tainted with new information on the character that shouldn't be relevant to the time frame you're asking about. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"