• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

World Thor game making progress

I love that there's a new game + in the game. But can you beat the game on normal, take a run on easy and then play hard mode?

Guess I'm asking if the new game + can be used on a 3. play through?

I think you lost me good sir.

What did you mean by that? Replay value?

I started on normal but want a run on easy to pick up lost collectables. After I'm done on easy I want to beat the game on hard with full power ups - Can I use the new game +twice?

I just unlocked the Ultimate costume. The second token is found in Muslepheim. You have to listen for the sound of the secret tokens. I usually spin Mjolnir and Thor will automatically target whatever section you need to break to find the token.

The Ultimate costume isn't really all that great. You can't even see the circles on his chest. He basically looks like a biker.

I started on normal but want a run on easy to pick up lost collectables. After I'm done on easy I want to beat the game on hard with full power ups - Can I use the new game +twice?

I haven't heard anyone mention that yet. I don't think alot of people beat it yet. But I would assume so. Most games let you carry over stuff like that ie The Force Unleashed I,II.

I just unlocked the Ultimate costume. The second token is found in Muslepheim. You have to listen for the sound of the secret tokens. I usually spin Mjolnir and Thor will automatically target whatever section you need to break to find the token.

The Ultimate costume isn't really all that great. You can't even see the circles on his chest. He basically looks like a biker.

And where do did you find the other token? I found the one in Muspelheim but missed the other!

Does Mjolnir change when you put the Ultimates Costume on?

So is this hack and slash game even on par with other clones such as Dante's Inferno and Darksiders?

One thing I noticed from preview vids is that the bosses seem terribly unresponsive. Example: You dodge behind the enemy and the enemy still attacks in front of itself for a bit before realizing your gone.

The fact that the major reviewing sites haven't touch this yet tells me it is probably crap but that they don't want to review it yet so that it might not turn some people off from the movie for wtv reason.

Well I can't afford a Different system just because they like a certain version. lol
I got 360 because of Too Human which is strictly 360, and is many ways like Thor.

If this game came out on the ps2 back in 2004 it would be acceptable. As it stands I feel that it is just another rushed movie inspired game which just plays poorly and doesn't capture what it should feel like to be Thor. Kind of like how the Iron Man games did not make me feel like Iron Man.
The animation, gameplay and graphics hardly compare to the original GOW.
I rather play any GOW, Dante's Inferno or Darksiders before ever touching this steamer again and it frustrates me that the die-hard Thor fans seem to subject themselves to this drivel and support it because of their love for the character.
Marvel should approach their games with the same level of respect and effort as they do their movies.

yeah i didnt like the first Iron Man game and i heard the Thor game got bad reviews thats why i asked

I have to agree with Bubonic. This game just plain sucks. There are moments of fun and greatness, but those are very few and far between. Basically, the entire point of the game is: travel to a new realm, fight hordes of enemies, look for power up icons, light up a bunch of ruins, defeat the boss, move on.

The problem I have, is that Thor never really feels all that powerful in this game. They either severely powered him down, or made the enemies ridiculously powerful, either way, it doesn't work. He's supposed to be a God, one smack from Mjolnir should take out almost any smaller enemy, instead, you'll knock them down repeatedly, only for them to get back up. It's ridiculous.

I wanted to like this game, I really, really did. The movie was incredible, and I was very excited to finally be able to control Thor in his own video game, but this is not Thor. This is a severely watered down, and rushed version of him. The "cut scenes" (if you want to call them that) are a joke, the voice acting is sub par (come on Hemsworth, you couldn't have put more into the "for Asgard!"?), and the combat is overly repetitive.

I would save your money until this goes in the discount bins. I'm trading it in today for something else. It's really not even worth finishing - and I'm on the last level.

My thoughts.

Its definitley a GOW ripoff. Which isn't too bad - i love GOW.
The graphics....should be better.

Its decent.

I wouldn't say it's a GOW rip off. That almost means that it's halfway decent.

This is almost like a poor man's Castlevania. Not the newer version either.

Well sheesh, you have to download the freaking manual?! what cheapskates!!! Glad I paid 20 bucks new for it. lol

Man I'm up to Ulik on this. What the heck is that rune stone thing with 3 small wheels on it? All it ever does is explode, I can get two wheels to move butnothing else

You know, I was thinking of this, but the armor that the characters wear in the Thor movie would make really neat armor sets for the Monster Hunter game series. I mean how awesome would it be to hunt monsters like Rathalos or Alatreon wearing Thor's armor and wielding a hammer. On Portable 3rd the closest I can come to making an armor that looks like Loki's is mostly male Escadora. I'm stumped as to what to make the helm from since there aren't very many male headpieces that have Loki's horns on them.

P.S. I'm kind of creeped out by the fact that Loki in the Avengers movie looks almost identical to the Loki character file I made in my MHP3rd game, long hair and all.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"