• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

World Thor game making progress

Found both the SDCC teaser and the VGA Trailer (that trailer on the site) on a site called Game Trailers lastnight. :D
I can't seem to find a HD version to download, tho the ones I did find weren't terrible.

Wish I could loop the music on the site

The bit where he whirls Ulik around and tosses him away is my favorite. :D

Yeah it's my favorite as well, it's seems like Thor is gonna be very powerful in this game. Man I sure hope Thor is gonna be this strong in the movie

Do you Thor guys have Xbox360's? I'm getting the game - I don't have gold live membership - But it would be cool to track our progress in the game?

I have Xbox 360, I don't have the live either.

I don't have live but I have PSN on PS3.

It's going to suck, guys. Look at either of the Iron Man games that Sega made. I don't understand why Marvel keeps going to them when all they pump out is awful, unplayable dreck.

It may end up being crap. But I really don't think you can compare this to iron man. This is a beat'em up and Sega knows beat'em ups! Plus it's been in development for ages and though I have no clue which team is working on thor - I know the Internal Sega teams are like night and day quality-wise.

If anyone knows what team is doing this game I would love to hear it?

I found them! Liquid entertainment

I don't know. I'll still get the game. It's not gonna be a new arkham asylum - But we knew that already.

It's gonna be a blatant God of War clone, which is fine by me. You could do a lot worse than GoW if you're looking for something to copy.

heh I like the warning "Animated Blood Violence" lol But VERY COOL opening!!

Last edited:
I really hope this game is good. It has a lot of potential, but following games like the Iron Man tie ins is not a good starting point. I keep hearing that it's like God of War, but I find that extremely hard to believe given the nature of the content.

Then again, here's to hoping I'm completely wrong and this game breaks the mold for movie tie ins.

The Nintendo ds version is the one to look for. Warriors 3 Will be playable it seems.

Hey guys! I have the game for 360 and Nintendo DS. I've been playing the 360 game and it's a poor man's god of war. I really enjoy it. It's not a complete failure like the Iron man games.

It's just great to play as Thor for the first time.

It's a 6 or a 7 on the ign scale.

I'm starting on the DS one right now.

Wow! The Ds version of Thor is a masterclass in gamemaking. I'm blown away! It's old school action/adventure - Think the best of 2D (Castlevania, Metroid). I would buy a DS just for this game.

I went to get this yesterday (The game is out here) and no stores had it in stock.

I'll check again on Monday when I see the movie again.

Still debating on whether or not I should fork over $60 for this game. The videos/screen shots all look great, but then again, so did the ones for Iron Man, and we all know how much of a failure both of those were. I did read that there's going to be a ton of unlockables in the form of costumes, comics, videos, etc.

Any review/information would be greatly appreciated.

It's not great, it's not even very good. But it's fun, could've been worse. You can unlock a costume with the helmet.

With these Movie tie-ins. Always rent.

It's not great, it's not even very good. But it's fun, could've been worse. You can unlock a costume with the helmet.

True - but like you said in some crazy way it's fun. And hard. I'm getting my butt kicked in Vanaheim. You have to save your "transport" from foes and you're fighting endless respawns - If anyone knows how to beat them I would love to hear it :yay:

So, would you say it's worth the $60?

I heard that the classic and Ultimate costumes were unlockable on all platforms except for the DS. Is that true?

What would you guys give it on a scale of 1-10? For me, both Iron Man games were complete and utter failures, and the last Spider-Man movie game was a joke. So far, for me, the best movie tie-in has got to be the Wolverine game. Hell, that game was what the movie should have been.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"