Thor's power level

BigThor

God of Thunder
Reaction score
They have a thread in the Man of Steel threads on Superman's power level, so I thought I make one about Thor's power level in this film francise.

So the question is, how powerful do you want Thor to be in THOR 2 & 3?

When battling Ego, he was able to hurt a whole living planet with his strike. So he can strike mighty hard with his mallet. (Not to speak about destroying the Rainbow Bridge with it in the movie). As for personal strength I haven't seen him lifting anything heavier than a side of a building. Have you?

When battling Ego, he was able to hurt a whole living planet with his strike. So he can strike mighty hard with his mallet. (Not to speak about destroying the Rainbow Bridge with it in the movie). As for personal strength I haven't seen him lifting anything heavier than a side of a building. Have you?

He lifted the Midgard Serpent, big enough to circle the entire world.:word:

I didn't really get a strong sense of his power/strength from the first Thor film.

I mean, don't get me wrong - we saw him decimating a load of frost giants, and he took down the Destroyer, not to mention destroying the Rainbow bridge at the end. He's obviously skilled with his weapon, and a good strategist. But in each of these incidents, it appeared to be Mjolnir doing the majority of the work. Thor's only fist fight was when he was depowered, and we never got to see how strong he himself is asides from his nonchalant flipping of a banquet table - which is hardly a great example!

The Avengers will hopefully showcase his raw strength a bit more. Having Thor and Hulk in the same movie gives us a good opportunity to see what kind of power level he has - I'd like to see him grappling with Hulk, or lifting something incredibly heavy, or fighting an army without using Mjolnir.

The Avengers will hopefully showcase his raw strength a bit more.

I think we need Hercules for that. It is one of the worthiest opponents for Thor to have a fist fight with. I wonder, is there any chance of seeing this noble Olympian in, say, Thor 3?

I think we need Hercules for that. It is one of the worthiest opponents for Thor to have a fist fight with. I wonder, is there any chance of seeing this noble Olympian in, say, Thor 3?

I'd love to see at least a mention of the other pantheons.

He also lifted the Odin-Sword and threw it into a Celestial which weighs millions of tons.

The Avengers will hopefully showcase his raw strength a bit more. Having Thor and Hulk in the same movie gives us a good opportunity to see what kind of power level he has - I'd like to see him grappling with Hulk, or lifting something incredibly heavy, or fighting an army without using Mjolnir.

I agree, The Avengers film serves as a perfect opportunity to showcase Thor's strength without Mjolnir so hopefully Whedon doesn't skimp out on the feats.

I'd love to see at least a mention of the other pantheons.

Which is all I want there to be, I don't really want other pantheons actually showing up.

His power level is over 9000, of course.

[YT]SiMHTK15Pik[/YT]

Now, One thing that I have noticed is that in Marvel movies (except Spidey and X-men movies.) movie heroes do not have the same power level as their comic book counterparts, they are always scaled down versions, maybe to give a more real world feel to them.

Last edited:
Well to be honest Thor was scaled down in the Avengers comicbooks as well, he was MUCH more powerful and skilled in other books.'

They prett much "toned down the powerful members down so they would need their teammates help, sometimes it just got ridiculous.

Well to be honest Thor was scaled down in the Avengers comicbooks as well, he was MUCH more powerful and skilled in other books.'

They prett much "toned down the powerful members down so they would need their teammates help, sometimes it just got ridiculous.

True, even though they always stated he was the most powerful member.

True, even though they always stated he was the most powerful member.

Yeah they did, I hope they acknowledge Thor and Hulk as being the most powerful members of the team in The Avengers film.

He held Asgard with Beta Ray on his back.

I want to see more flying feats, like some actual dog fights. And more energy manipulation. Maybe a God Blast or something.

I want to see more flying feats, like some actual dog fights. And more energy manipulation. Maybe a God Blast or something.

I agree, I definately want to see Thor flying through the air with as much maneuverability as Iron Man.

I certainly would like to see more energy manipulation as well, which means tons of lighting attacks, energy absortion with Moljnir and maybe a God Blast like you said. If the God Blast doesn't make it into this film Thor should most definately use it during the final battle of THOR II.

i just hope they are consistent with the power levels. if thor has super speed he should always have it, and not be slow during one action sequence and fast during other. same goes for other members.
i remember in supermen returns that it took supermen a minute or so to catch that plane, eventhough he can fly with the speed of light.
i see this consistency faults in many movies.
hopefully they will do it right in avengers.

Yeah, because as awesome as Thor's portrayal in A:EMH was there were certain times where is power levels were very inconsistent.

He beat The Wrecking Crew, three huge Frost Giants, Loki, and he slowed down the entire island of Manhattan but in other episodes he couldn't even beat Enchantress. :doh:

Yeah, because as awesome as Thor's portrayal in A:EMH was there were certain times where is power levels were very inconsistent.

He beat The Wrecking Crew, three huge Frost Giants, Loki, and he slowed down the entire island of Manhattan but in other episodes he couldn't even beat Enchantress. :doh:

Can't you see, it's the power of Enchantress' boobies, that's why Thor had trouble beating her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"