Thor's power level

Re: "is Thor 2 bigger or more grounded", I suspect both interview statements are correct. They are just talking about different things. Its "more grounded" in that they delve more into the Asgardians as people, both individually and as a society. I believe Taylor said he planned to show more of the "average Asgardian" as they live, rather than all the royalty and their heroic comrades. And its "bigger" in the sense that the heroes of the movie are still *gods*, fighting mythical foes in grand battles at fantastic locales.

Mjölnir;26218103 said:
That's not a strawman. That point was just an addition to a question, which you didn't answer, so it was me asking why GoT would cause that but not other shows (and my statement is of the exact same logic as yours, and people actually debated his ability before they saw what he did in GoT).

It is strawmaning my argument as it misrepresents my position.

It is strawmaning my argument as it misrepresents my position.
No it's not. The part you quoted even specifically explains that it was in addition to a question. Me asking a question means that I wanted to hear your reasoning as to why he'd be limited from doing one show but not another. Something you of course still avoided to answer to instead go on about the strawman accusation, which seems less than productive to me.

That's of course unless you felt that you answered it with your second post, which would lead me to have other disagreements. The grounded feel of GoT isn't Sword and Sorcery, things like Conan the Barbarian is.

Except Hemsworth's interview here basically says the opposite with Thor being less god-like.

Except this isn't the quote BT and I were referring to.

Ohp, down there you found it

It was a very good feat. But in the end it was a piece of "hanging" ice. What Thor did seems to have destabilized it causing the rest to collapse. Impressive to be sure, but not on some entirely other level. Heck, Hulk stopping the Leviathan or Thor killing a few with lightning both seem more impressive to me.

We were discussing The Dark World prelude comic which is presumably canon to the MCU.

Edit: Found the Hemsworth interview. This is what he says, "I really wanted to ramp up his skill set in battle. He's not just this Viking throwing the hammer. Here he's more demigod with dynamic moves we haven't seen before."

So with this quote and the other I'm not sure what's going to happen... lol

I don't know your full take on the matter yet, but I wouldn't worry, I think we will see Thor using a more powers than what we've seen

Mjölnir;26223217 said:
That Batman fact also shows that it's not how powerful a hero is that counts, it's how you handle what he has that makes a good story.

I don't know if it's that easy to defeat him without Mjolnir (the guy is not that far behind Hulk, and more skilled), but it would of course be less difficult. Still, it's not very easy to separate him from it. You can't move it and he can always call it to himself (possibly smacking you on the way to him).

Speaking of not being able to move the hammer, Thor placing it on top of Loki is one of my most favorite defeats of any villain in a superhero movie. I'd like to see him use that quality of the hammer more often in different situations.

Some can. :woot:

If it was a legit question then I apologize. I merely thought it was a snarky reply in the form of a rhetorical question.
No worries, I understand all too well the instinct to not always assume the best intent since the Internet is full of less than pleasant people.

Don't make me give you all warnings! I made a special thread for Thor vs Supes talk.

Don't make me give you all warnings! I made a special thread for Thor vs Supes talk.

I apologize if this path of the convo seemed to get heated. I thought we were all being civil. But as a MOD I know you have to keep the peace. I will take some time off from posting about this "power" issue. I just want to state again, I only bring these things up because I want as good film for Thor as can be. Something to satisfy myself and others. I was hoping that what I was contributing was not coming across as just "rah rah, my guy is best" stuff, but it appears I was wrong. For that I am sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"