• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Thoughts on Evolution?

TheIncredibleSk

Hard hitting opinions.
Reaction score
Well I have been up all night reading articles and watching videos before making this topic. I wished to start this thread to get your broad thoughts on Evolution. Do you believe in it? Do you think it should be taught in schools? What are your thoughts on creationism and Intelligent design?

(ps this is my first made topic :woot:)

We already went over this in the atheist thread, but put simply yes, evolution is true. No, intelligent design (or creationism if you want to be less kind) shouldn't be taught in school.

We already went over this in the atheist thread, but put simply yes, evolution is true. No, intelligent design (or creationism if you want to be less kind) shouldn't be taught in school.
I thought it deserved it's own thread...

I suppose my main and only problem with evolution is if we evolved from apes then why are they still there? I suppose if I looked into it then it would all be explained, but I never felt like looking into it cause I'm not really bothered.

Evolution has been show to exist, sure it's not 100% and has somoe gaps but it's better than just ignoring it and shouting "MAGIC!!!"

We didn't really evolve from apes. The theory is we have a common ancestor with apes.

Sounds fair enough to me. It's just one of thsoe holes that's easy enough to get over to accept the theory.

I love when ever I debate this topic with my deeply spirtitual friend, she always says the monkey thing. Like why are monkeys still here and stuff like that and untill recently I could never find the answer but luckly I found the answer and like JJJ(DYNOOOOMITE!!!) said we evolved from common ancestors and were both branched out. Also it's not like apes and humans aren't still evolving.

I love when ever I debate this topic with my deeply spirtitual friend, she always says the monkey thing. Like why are monkeys still here and stuff like that and untill recently I could never find the answer but luckly I found the answer and like JJJ(DYNOOOOMITE!!!) said we evolved from common ancestors and were both branched out. Also it's not like apes and humans aren't still evolving.

Haha... JJJ as in J Jonah Jameson, not JJ from 'Good Times'. :yay:

If your friend wants to believe that, let her. You'll never convince her. My only problem with it is when they start trying to teach that nonsense in our classrooms. Might as well teach them that if you get bit by a radioactive spider you'll stick to walls.

If your friend wants to believe that, let her. You'll never convince her. My only problem with it is when they start trying to teach that nonsense in our classrooms. Might as well teach them that if you get bit by a radioactive spider you'll stick to walls.

You don't? Goddamnit!! My whole system of beleif is wrong!!:cmad:

Thats a reason that gets me, in the other thread is a person said if a kid asked him about creation in his class, he would talk to him about. but I was like man once you start talking about religion even when a kid brings it up, your crossing a line. It always pisses me off, when a teacher and student talk about God and Jesus and all that stuff during class time. I really don't like that. It just annoys me.

I believe in intelligent design/creator but evolution exists to an extent. For example, I believe a fox can change into another type of fox, but it remains a fox. Same as with domesticated dogs, there can be many types but they are still referred to as dogs. As for these changes, the Bible said 'after it's kind' in the creation account in Genesis. I believe that is the extent of evolution.

Last edited:
God -> Big Bang -> Dinosaurs -> Cavemen -> Modern Humans

My honest opinion on how things went down. Everybody(science + religion) is included, it makes sense, we all win :up:

Eh I dislike something created us. I mean who created God. I think we just wants to know our place in the universe and we probably will never know. We created religion as way to understand why the **** we are here. I think if their is a "creator" he's much better than us clowns could have thought of.

You don't have to "like" it; especially just b/c you don't understand it. That's how intergalactic wars get started :o. I dislike the fact that the human body is extremely fragile(your collarbone and temples for example) but I accept it.

My honest opinion on how things went down. Everybody(science + religion) is included, it makes sense, we all win :up:

I share the same belief and I never understood why both can't be possible.

Not to mention the shoddy layout of our backs and knees!
Almost feels like I'd be better off bent over and dragging my knuckles on the ground or something...

B/c a lot of believers of Creationism and Evolution need to be right at the expense of the opposing belief. Like they're incensed that any other beliefs/possibilities exist.

Not to mention the shoddy layout of our backs and knees!
Almost feels like I'd be better off bent over and dragging my knuckles on the ground or something...

Ha yeah, I've got major redesign ideas for homo sapiens. Many of which have been borrowed from the animal kingdom.

I have the same beliefs too. When I try to explain that to fundies they look at me like I'm ******ed.

I believe evolution was created.

Is there a better way to design a system, then to make it so that it can adapt to its environment? If you're going to give your creation free will, it needs to be able to adapt and evolve, so it can deal with the situations it chooses to put itself in.

Why God created all other species like dinosaurs and waited so long before he created human?

Evolution is true. We are animals just like other animals but a little more smarter.

Why God created all other species like dinosaurs and waited so long before he created human?

Evolution is true. We are animals just like other animals but a little more smarter.

Because he felt like it? Idk.

I believe everything about evolution. Just that when science goes "Um, we're not sure" in regards to why the Big Bang happened, that's where God comes in. Literally changes nothing about evolution. I'm very anxious to see what happens with the Hadron Collider. It'll be nice to see what God did with a snap of his fingers.

Nah, Science didn't know everything about Evolution at one point. Science takes time. We'll we find out on day in regard to the big bang, maybe or maybe not. We don't know. I still don't think it's a white man in the sky though.

Nah, Science didn't know everything about Evolution at one point. Science takes time. We'll we find out on day in regard to the big bang, maybe or maybe not. We don't know. I still don't think it's a white man in the sky though.

That's a fine statement to make. "We don't know, but I don't think it was God." What I have a problem with and get a good chuckle out of, is when people say "We don't know, but I'm 100% positive it wasn't God." The they usual combat my objection to the absurdity of their statement with the classic "The burden of proof is on the believer". No it's not, I'm fine over here lol.

Nah, He black and look like Rick Ross.

PS A Rick Ross looking god would be awesome.

I could get down with that haha. Rosay at Communion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"