• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Walking Dead Timeline of The Walking Dead

pr0xyt0xin

Shaper Savant
Reaction score
So this is something that I have been pondering.

How much time has elapsed since the show started? How much time has passed at each of the major events?

I believe S1 and 2 took place over just a couple months (if that), then there was an eight month gap between 2 and 3, S3 took place over about a month (by episode 9, barely a week had passed since episode 4), and then it's probably been close to eight months again between S3 and 4.

And how long after the outbreak did Rick wake up from his coma? a little over a month maybe?

So by the end of season 2, the zombie party had been going on for about 4 months maybe?
Plus 9 months until the end of season 3 makes a little over a year. then we're at almost 2 years at our current episode? That's kinda what I was thinking.

It's actually interesting, that kinda proves the zombies in this definitely don't starve. Some have probably gone over a year without feeding on anything.

In one episode from last season, the Governor brought that up to Milton, but Milton said they do starve, they just do it slower than we do.

Well, even still it's interesting. But the concept would kinda make the show seem finite. Maybe if we see a starvation arc the show doesn't have to be over though. And we'll see a very large gap in time between two seasons.

Speculative scenario:
Rick's crew plays a large part in eradicating the majority of a the zombie population in the southeast US and makes contact with similar situations across the globe. Large peaceful communities become self-sufficient and thats where a season leaves off.

several years pass before the start of the next season. Most zombies have long since been killed or have starved. then we see a zombie come down from the snowcapped mountains having been frozen in suspended animation. He does what zombies do and causes a ton of mayhem. Breathing new life into the show for several more seasons. :p

(bear in mind I've only read Vol. 1 of the comics. I understand things probably end much differently. Just letting my imagination go.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"