The Walking Dead Fear the Walking Dead General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad Travis didn't kill Chris. I want him to return in a future season as a Big Bad.

I don't mind the fact that it didn't happen as much I mind the writers devoting an entire episode building up to that emotional climax, only to pull a cop out. It was pure bait and switch.

After almost an entire 2nd season, I still hate everyone on this show except for Nick and Strand.

I hated Alicia in the first season but have come round to liking her. I feel that she's almost taking on Madison's role in being the female leader of the group. Perhaps the writers are paving the way for Madison to be killed.

I'd actually be all for Madison and Travis dying next week and then having Alicia and Nick become the focus of the show with the others having to follow their lead. Maybe with Strand finding his way as a bit of a man of guidance. Especially if Chris comes back as a big bad. That'd be all kinds of interesting.

Chris becoming the big bad would be more impactful if Travis were still alive.

Will Alex, Jack, Connor and the rest of the "pirates" return on FTWD? They seem to have some unfinished business to take care of with Madison and co. Plus all that hype surrounding Alex (from the FTWD Flight 462 webisodes) joining the cast seems rather pointless now b/c she's only appeared in two episodes so far, which took place during 2A. Unless they're being set up for Season 3 I wouldn't mind if the writers tied up that loose end on the Season 2 finale tomorrow.

Chris becoming the big bad would be more impactful if Travis were still alive.

:huh: Travis was still alive in the previous episode.

Nick wins the grosses zombie kill of the day. :(

that may have been one of the best barehanded walker take down in all of The Walking Dead to date

Travis wins best human kill of the day. :(

time for the seasonal pack your bags...we're leaving Walking Dead tradition :)

That was a solid finale all around.

Yeah, I can't complain. :)

Finally a decent episode(s). This is the most entertaining Fear has been since it first began.

The family is still by an large, unlikeable , the dad and mom keep doing stupid selfish things and then keep making the situation worse. Chris at least the unlikeable son is dead , that is good news at least. Nick has turned out to be the decent son after all.Alicia was turning out okay but influence by the actions of her stupid dad & mom , ends up making the stupid decision as well.

Me, watching Travis feeling his Charles Bronson fantasy

tumblr_njllt63AWj1tq4of6o1_500.gif

Bravo, Travis. Apart from killing Oscar, he did alright.

Nice episode to see where pretty much every *****e bag deserving of a death got it. Dumb ass Chris died by the hands of his "friends" he chose over his father. Chris's buddies got taken out to the woodshed by Frank Castle Travis. And the drug cartel bit on more than they can chew, again.

Hope to see Strands again.

I see the local militia has taken upon themselves to secure this country's borders.

Last edited:
they were like border patrol right? even after zombie apocalypse they all still like Mexicans?...not on our watch.

Bravo, Travis. Apart from killing Oscar, he did alright.

Nice episode to see where pretty much every *****e bag deserving of a death got it. Dumb ass Chris died by the hands of his "friends" he chose over his father. Chris's buddies got taken out to the woodshed by Frank Castle Travis. And the drug cartel bit on more than they can chew, again.

Hope to see Strands again.

Did Oscar really die due to Travis just sort of slamming his head in the door? I've watched that scene twice now and it's sort of ridiculous.

As for Chris, as unlikable as he was, it was still sort of lame to have him die in flashbacks and like a dog.

I see the local militia has taken upon themselves to secure this country's borders.

that's literally one of the more believable aspects of the show so far, although a couple of those guys looked like actual military.

Did Oscar really die due to Travis just sort of slamming his head in the door? I've watched that scene twice now and it's sort of ridiculous.

As for Chris, as unlikable as he was, it was still sort of lame to have him die in flashbacks and like a dog.

Agreed. Especially after last week's episode. The table was set for Travis to kill Chris, which would've been a fitting ending for Chris and a bold character development for Travis and a fairly new story in The Walking Dead-verse (parent having to kill their child like a rabid dog). But the producers seemed scared to take that route and just had post-apocalyptic cliche *****e bags kill Chris. Why set up such a perfect story only to rob the viewers of it? Especially when you consider, it would've essentially gotten Travis to the exact same place we left him in the finale, only with added depth.

I mean, don't get me wrong, it was overall a good finale. They definitely stepped up the gore level, going for Game of Thrones caliber gore. Although the second hour felt a bit underwhelming compared to the first. The second hour felt like typical Walking Dead season finale fodder. Characters are safe, something happens, they're driven out of their haven, they're not safe anymore. Be it the CDC, the farm, the prison, Alexandria, the cartel estate, or the hotel/Mexican town, we've just seen this many times before, complete with characters making irrational and stupid decisions simply for the sake of manufacturing drama (I'm looking in your direction Strand). Hell, Strand's stupid decision to stay behind for no real reason is almost identical to Salazar's in the mid-season finale. I guess what I am saying is, when compared to the strength of the first hour of the finale, the second just felt standard.

I hope Luciana's okay. I found her naive devotion to Alejandro and El Porvenir quite sweet.

Chris's death annoyed me at first but that flashback scene was kinda awesome. It was poetic justice that he was killed by the *****ebros after he ignored his father's warning.

At least now we know how Ofelia reunites with the rest of the gang.

I hope Strand gets his own storyline next season and doesn't just disappear.

Will Alex, Jack, Connor and the rest of the "pirates" return on FTWD? They seem to have some unfinished business to take care of with Madison and co. Plus all that hype surrounding Alex (from the FTWD Flight 462 webisodes) joining the cast seems rather pointless now b/c she's only appeared in two episodes so far, which took place during 2A. Unless they're being set up for Season 3 I wouldn't mind if the writers tied up that loose end on the Season 2 finale tomorrow.

I too want to see the return of the pirates, including Alex. Speaking of returning big bads, this would be a good opportunity to reintroduce Lt. Moyer (?) the evil soldier from season 1. He could be the leader of the border patrol.

:huh: Travis was still alive in the previous episode.

I was talking about Travis's hypothetical death.

I enjoyed the two part finale. Season 2 overall was an improvement over Season 1, imo.

The scene where that walker attacked the infirmary and it's own demise by Nick, Travis going berserker rage on Brandon & Derek, and Oscar getting a piece of his skull cut open were pretty graphic and intense. :eek: FTWD is normally tame with how graphic the violence is handled compared to TWD. However the last two episodes of Season 2 pushed the envelope and were the goriest episodes of the show.

RIP Chris. I was wondering if his character was being killed off when the actor appeared on AOS two weeks ago with a haircut. I didn't hate him like most and actually understood where he was coming from. The way he went out was tragic. Before they flash backed to how he died. I thought Brandon and Derek might have left him for dead. And a disfigured Chris would show up in Season 3 or something. His death somewhat parallels the other kid in Brandon's group, who was shot in the leg by that farmer only for Brandon to finish him off in the end. Chris was badly injured from that crash. So how did Brandon and Derek suffered only minor injuries (such as a dislocated shoulder and some bruises), when they were both riding in the back of the pick up? Those two also seem to have nine lives. Travis was beating the crap out of them but they repeatedly got back up until he killed them.

Well Ofelia crossed the border but is being held captive by a mysterious man. I knew it wasn't going to be that easy for her to return to America or find her fiance without some hurdles in the way.

So Nick, Luciana , and the rest of the Colonia survivors avoided the cartel invading their compound for another haven only to get ambushed by refugees, mercenaries, or border patrol? It seems like nobody got a happy or even optimistic ending in the finale.

And we all knew Alejandro wasn't immune. I do admire his bravery for staying behind in his condition, while Nick and the rest of the Colonia escaped, to unleash the infected on the cartel, when they thought they had won. And apparently oxycodone seems to slows down the fever.

I was surprised Alicia stabbed Andres with her knife. She's no longer the innocent one, but it shows how much she's come to respect Travis. Especially after their little heart-to-heart conversation about Chris earlier. It seems the whole family (Nick, Chris, Madison, Travis and now Alicia) has killed a living person(s).

Kirkman said that Strand will return in Season 3. Even though Strand became less interesting once they showed up at the Abigail estate I'm glad that won't be the last we see of him or the hotel. And what happened to Ilene, the woman who stabbed Strand? Did she get exiled off camera? Last I heard about Ilene was after the stabbing Oscar locked her in her room and had someone guarding the door, which was like 3 or 4 episodes ago.

I thought Travis' transformation from optimistic to feral was effective. When he lost Chris he lost his humanity as well as hope. Now he's embracing this next world and not the past world. I know it's typical of TWD but I thought they pulled that off well. I really felt bad for Travis in the end and really couldn't blame him for going ballistic on Brandon and Derek. Both were scumbags who not only killed but corrupted and took advantage of Chris. I also liked that there were consequences to Travis' actions. In his fit of rage he killed Oscar, who was only trying to break up the fight. It cost him , Madison, and Alicia the hotel.

One nitpick I had was when Madison, Travis, and Alicia went to the abandoned cartel warehouse. Travis found the location of the Colonia on a piece of paper in the pocket of the dead man, who was interrogated with his family a couple of episodes prior. It 's too convenient. And why would someone have the location of their secret refuge written on a piece of paper hidden their pocket? If that was the case then the cartel didn't need to interrogate or torture them. All they had to do was search him or check his pockets, but that's neither here nor there since they found the location anyway.

So yeah after Season 1 I didn't expect to enjoy Season 2 as much as I did. I'm looking forward to where things are headed in Season 3. After the 2 hour finale I think the show will be going in a darker and gorier direction.

I was talking about Travis's hypothetical death.
Oh! Okay. I misunderstood your post.

Yeah, the cartel should've written the address down and then left it behind or something rather than it being on the person of the dead man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"