The Walking Dead Fear the Walking Dead General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This show has convinced me that if the zombie apocalypse ever happens I'd be best off holing up in an isolated five star hotel.

I'd rather we were actually shown Nick succeed in duping that gang with the oxycodone (or whatever it's called) he tampered with. Instead of having him tell us how the deal went down, which cheapened it, imo. Especially after all that buildup of showing Nick cutting the oxy as well as all that talk about the gang (who threatened to chop off Nick's arm the last time) being dangerous prior to the meeting. It took away the tension, imo. Nick describing to Alejandro how the deal went made it seem too effortless for him. I rather we were shown how the deal went down with Nick coming out victorious or not. Maybe this is setting up an episode where they figure out that Nick cut the oxy. And b/c of his actions Alejandro's compound will be in danger.

That's probably what will happen in the next episode. The previews showed Nick spying on armed men and Alejandro saying something about the colonia being in danger.

I'm still not buying Alejandro's story about being immune from the bite/infection. It doesn't really add up. Plus what we know from TWD is that everyone is infected.

I'll bet it will be revealed that the dude high on bath salts(?) was the one who bit him, not one of the zombies.

I wonder why that family escaped the Colonia at the beginning of the episode? The father claimed to his daughter that it wasn't safe there. We still don't know why unless he saw through Alejandro's BS and figured the community was doomed. Are maybe he'd figure Marco's gang/cartel would locate it eventually? Unfortunately he made it easy for he and his family to get abducted and interrogated by that very group. When it was revealed that the cartel found the Colonia I assumed one of them squealed.

And Alejandro seemed a bit paranoid and twitchy during this episode. Wonder if it has to do with his bite? Or his community shrinking more and more b/c they're losing faith in him? Or that the Cartel might figure out where the Colonia is? And that they tampered with the oxy?

So Ofelia did ditched the group. And is heading to America to find her fiance? I'm glad we got some backstory on Ofelia, who I think is the most underdeveloped character this season. The problem with both flashbacks is they didn't reveal anything new about Ofelia. We already knew that Daniel and Griselda had sheltered Ofelia most of her life and that she had a fiance (3 episodes back when she told Strand.) It's better than nothing. I doubt the dead or living will make it easy for her to cross the border on her own though.

Strand getting stabbed by Ilene was cold. I guess that's the price he paid for only asking for the approval from the groom of dispatching Jessica, but not her grieving mother. I did wonder during last week's ep, after they cleared all the infected out of the hotel, why everyone was more concerned about the groom not showing up for dinner but not Ilene, who was also absent. Madison and co. seemed to ignore Ilene before she stabbed Strand. Which made it odd that Strand only pleaded with the groom about dispatching walker Jessica instead of getting the grieving mother's consent first, which ended up being a mistake in the end. I don't condone what she did to Strand, however, he should've pleaded with her first. If she was okay with it then ask the groom.

I like how they're interconnecting the story arcs by having Madison and Elena having to trade for antibiotics and medicine (for Strand's stab wound) with the Marco's cartel/gang, who are trading water for the Colonias oxy. Though it was a little convenient they happen to eavesdrop at the right moment during the interrogation (of the family that escaped the Colonia) when they gave somewhat of a description of Nick.

Madison was doing so well stepping up as the leader after last week's ep. Until her maternal instincts had overridden her survival instincts. She nearly botched the trade with Marco's cartel, when she overheard and assumed the cartel gave a description of Nick. She was lucky they didn't kill her and Elena on the spot. Or even made the trade, b/c if they hadn't Strand be dead. Then she pretty much gave an open invitation to their location by litting up the hotel sign so Nick (and lord knows who else) could find them. At least we know Travis saw it and is most likely headed in that direction if things work out for him and Chris that is.

I couldn't help but sympathize with Alicia when she confronted Madison for nearly jeopardizing the trade, which Strand's life depended on, and putting the hotel at risk for Nick. She's right about Nick abandoning his own family to be with the dead after Celia's compound burned. In fact Nick doesn't seem to miss his family at all while at the Colonia. Madison needs to get over Nick b/c he's seems to be over them. She does neglect Alicia for Nick. So it was very cathartic seeing Alicia confront Madison about it. It might be too late b/c I'm sure Travis wasn't the only one, who saw the motel sign lit up.

I just thought it was stupid that Ofilia chose that moment to just disappear, stealing the truck without saying anything to anyone. Like that wouldn't freak anyone out. :(

Ophelia was clearly depressed when she had hr final conversation with Alicia. She said something about there being no hope. I assume she's trying to get back to the one person who's still alive with whom she felt happiness. I can't figure out how she's going to link back up with the others, though.

I like all the individual stories at the moment and am pleased at how they're heating up.

Poor Luciana! She's going to be devastated when she finds out Alejandro isn't really special. Speaking of, he really has become immensely paranoid of late.

So that's where she disappeared off to. I hope they don't spend too much time on her trip to New Mexico.

Madison was an idiot. Almost ****ing over everyone for the one kid who abandoned them. Good thing Travis was the only one to see the hotel sign light up that we know of. Great if Travis is traveling alone. Meaning his dumb ass kid and the 3 amigos are dead.

Madison was an idiot. Almost ****ing over everyone for the one kid who abandoned them. Good thing Travis was the only one to see the hotel sign light up that we know of. Great if Travis is traveling alone. Meaning his dumb ass kid and the 3 amigos are dead.

The sneak peek of the next episode [BLACKOUT]shows them having to turn away a large crowd of people at the gates of the hotel. So yeah, she was an idiot.

Now they get to A) turn away innocent people and/or B) have the not-so-innocent people plot to take the hotel for themselves.[/BLACKOUT]

This revelation of Ofelia having a fiance felt abrupt and inconsistent from what we've known about her prior to this. Last season she didn't seem worried about her fiance or was in any hurry to find him until now. In fact she was making out with that soldier, who Salazar tortured, last season. I know she was using him, but still. This particular plot point comes off contrived, imo. I think that's b/c the writers seem to have a difficulty writing her character for some reason. She always seems to get the least development of the characters. Especially this season.

She didn't begin worrying about her fiance too much until after her dad "died", IIRC. Maybe she's just tired of being stuck with strangers and is looking for one of the few people she has a connection with who might still be out there.

Seeing what was left of that wedding cake and decorations in that vacant hotel ballroom was probably what triggered her sudden concern for her fiance.

I don't know if this is to show that the survivors have heart but it paints the mom in even worse light. All those starving women and children out there but yet she will somehow get Travis in. So hard to root for the "good guys" in this show.

please let all these fools be dead by Travis hands including Chris

I've never wanted a truck to flip over more in my life.

Next week is the finale and I feel like absolutely nothing happened

Meh episode. Never mind! Meh season! Agreed Primal! I don't think anything was accomplished this season at all.

Even though this season seems to rehash certain plot points and themes from TWD. I've enjoyed this season more than Season 1 of FTWD, which was mostly meh, imo. There's still plenty of room for improvement. FTWD really needs to differentiate itself from the original by exploring themes and concepts that TWD show/comic hasn't, imo. B/c so far FTWD is basically TWD with different characters and locations.

So next week's episode is the season finale, which will be 2 hours for some odd reason. Why's AMC rushing the finale when TWD season 7 premieres Oct. 23rd? That's two weeks after the FTWD season 2 finale. If that's the case AMC should've moved up the season 7 premiere on the 9th or the16th instead. Smh.

Is the Daniel character really dead or they just playing the long game?

Hope it's a long game and he rolls up on the resort with the missing boat looking like Two-face.

I hope Travis goes ape **** on those two next week. I wonder if they'll be a twist where those two tell a different story where Travis actually kills Zach. He's just blacking it out.

Is the Daniel character really dead or they just playing the long game?
The producers have already confirmed he is not.

At any rate, the most recent episode is the epitome of the problem everyone has with this franchise. It builds a great dramatic arc in leading the viewer to believe Travis put Chris down (showing up alone, refusing to talk about it and then ominously saying "I had no choice"). Further, that would've been the appropriate route to take the story from a dramatic perspective. But then he just gets abandoned by Chris. That is the big dramatic beat of the story, for which Travis is disshelved and angst-filled. It was such an anti-climactic bait and switch. :down:

I have not seen a single episode of Fear The Walking Dead season 2, I tuned out after the first season. I was tempted to check out season 2, is it really that bad?

I have not seen a single episode of Fear The Walking Dead season 2, I tuned out after the first season. I was tempted to check out season 2, is it really that bad?

Yeah man. It's like the X-files. You want to believe and like this ish but dang! They just don't get it! :argh:

I'm glad Travis didn't kill Chris. I want him to return in a future season as a Big Bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"