The Walking Dead Glen Mazzara stepping down as EP

It's called building up to the story's conclusion. That thing that irritates me is when people cry about filler episodes, it's mostly comes down to them believing that because there was no big battle or crazy **** going down. There has been some amazing character development over the last few episodes. It's filler because people were talking too much essentially.

Sure bro whatever you say...I'm all for character development but what is happening this second half of the third season is not character development..it's filler. When you keep bringing up the same plot points over and over again that is not development.

How many times did Andrea need to be told that the Governor is not what he seems until it made any impact on Andrea's development?

Oh you know what...now it's the same thing all over again with Tyrese's group...

We do not need to see how good Carl is with a pistol every episode. We know that he's had to grow up fast. That was the significance of him having to put down his own Mother. On that note, we do not to reminded that Carl had to put down his own Mother.

Glenn loves Maggie and he feels like he's failed her because of what's happened in Woodbury. This has also been beaten to death.

We know Rick is having a hard time..but isn't everyone? It's the zombie apocalypse for crying out loud. We don't need to see Rick yelling at his dead wife every episode.

How about our new heroine Michonne? I guess you could say she's gotten some good character development since she went from just staring and grunting to making one or two complete sentences an episode...

As far as "building up the conclusion" did an entire episode dedicated to Rick trying to convince Morgan to come back to the prison accomplish that? Is each episode that much tenser now? I don't think so. I think you could have missed that episode completely and it would have no impact at on all on your enjoyment of the season finale. That is filler.

I guess I may as well say this since you keep talking about wanting more action. ACTION CAN BE FILLER TOO. We did not need the Governor to "tease" the group by killing Axel and dropping a few Walkers off on their font lawn. If anything this killed suspense and it didn't move the plot forward. The group was already scared after the ordeal with Maggie and Glenn. They know Woodbury is stronger than they and is led by a maniac. The group was afraid of this kind of group in season 2.

So if you have been enjoying the last few episodes good for you. I think they trying to stretch out a plot rather than develop it. I'm not the only one who feels this way as I have friends and co-workers who are losing interest in the show.

Andrea is a mess, but hey, she's at least getting better as the finale approached.

The dynamic between Michonne and Andrea at Woodbury is totally different from the dynamic within Tyreese's group and that makes things totally different. Tyreese has already figured out that the Governor is a turd, and he's just biding his time before he makes a stupid move.

How many times has Carl been shown shooting people? You act like he's just been blowing people away left and right. He shot Morgan, which was kind of a big deal, and led to some haunting parting advice from Morgan. I think you're overplaying your hand on this point.

This is a story about a group of survivors of which the Governor and Woodbury are but a part. Morgan is also a part of that story, and his episode was strategically placed to give Rick an example of a path he doesn't want to go down. To snap him back to reality. That also happened to be, possibly, the best episode this show has done. If that's filler, give me more.

I'll agree about Maggie and Glenn, I think it's insufferable. I think they've handled it all wrong, but at the same time they have to address it. It would be weird if it was never brought up and settled in one episode. They've handled it wrong, but they have to handle it.

Speaking of insufferable, Michonne went from being that to a really good character. If the argument here is about the second half of season 3, I have no idea what you're arguing about with regards to Michonne. She's become a character that people care about. That matters.

I agree about the attack on the prison and the shock value killing of Axel. I thought that didn't make any sense.

So to end, I think this show has been on a roll since that stupid prison terror attack. The Woodbury/Prison summit kind of dragged a bit, but it wasn't awful. The Merle and Morgan episodes are all-timers in most viewers books as the audience continues to grow into the end of the third season.

Last edited:
I think after the midseason finale people have been wanting to see the battle at the prison. The way things happened it should've occurred in the 3rd episode back and they've stretched it out to the 8th. Now the "filler" episodes have been good to great. The 4th episode that had Morgan was one of the best episodes of the entire series. The next three were also enjoyable but its not what people wanted to see. They wanted to see some action and The Governor dead.

Now they've made The Governor even more evil and had some character development with Michonne and other characters. Also there could be budget challenges where these batch of filler episodes were cheaper to produce so more money could be used in the season finale.

Sure bro whatever you say...I'm all for character development but what is happening this second half of the third season is not character development..it's filler. When you keep bringing up the same plot points over and over again that is not development.

How many times did Andrea need to be told that the Governor is not what he seems until it made any impact on Andrea's development?

Oh you know what...now it's the same thing all over again with Tyrese's group...

We do not need to see how good Carl is with a pistol every episode. We know that he's had to grow up fast. That was the significance of him having to put down his own Mother. On that note, we do not to reminded that Carl had to put down his own Mother.

Glenn loves Maggie and he feels like he's failed her because of what's happened in Woodbury. This has also been beaten to death.

We know Rick is having a hard time..but isn't everyone? It's the zombie apocalypse for crying out loud. We don't need to see Rick yelling at his dead wife every episode.

How about our new heroine Michonne? I guess you could say she's gotten some good character development since she went from just staring and grunting to making one or two complete sentences an episode...

As far as "building up the conclusion" did an entire episode dedicated to Rick trying to convince Morgan to come back to the prison accomplish that? Is each episode that much tenser now? I don't think so. I think you could have missed that episode completely and it would have no impact at on all on your enjoyment of the season finale. That is filler.

I guess I may as well say this since you keep talking about wanting more action. ACTION CAN BE FILLER TOO. We did not need the Governor to "tease" the group by killing Axel and dropping a few Walkers off on their font lawn. If anything this killed suspense and it didn't move the plot forward. The group was already scared after the ordeal with Maggie and Glenn. They know Woodbury is stronger than they and is led by a maniac. The group was afraid of this kind of group in season 2.

So if you have been enjoying the last few episodes good for you. I think they trying to stretch out a plot rather than develop it. I'm not the only one who feels this way as I have friends and co-workers who are losing interest in the show.

Well if you and your co-workers feel that way, it must be a majority opinion. Let me get AMC on the phone...bro.

The fact you think "Clear" is filler just goes to show that this show is probably not for you.

You lost your entire argument and missed the entire point of the series with that one.

I think you could have missed that episode completely and it would have no impact at on all on your enjoyment of the season finale. That is filler.

:dry:

Yeah, Clear was the best since the pilot. Fantastic development for Rick, Carl, and Michonne.

I didn't care for "The Suicide King" and "I Ain't a Judas". Good stuff sprinkled in there, but mostly filler, IMO.

Well if the difference is that Glen wanted to keep the group at the prison or some other safe haven and AMC wants them on the road....I won't complain.

Well if you and your co-workers feel that way, it must be a majority opinion. Let me get AMC on the phone...bro.

The fact you think "Clear" is filler just goes to show that this show is probably not for you.

How are you measuring the majority opinion? If you are on a forum discussing a movie or tv show you are probably bit more than a fan or viewer and maybe bit biased. The people on this forum do not represent the majority.

And I was simply stating my opinion and hoping to open up some discussion. Sorry my opinion and what I hear from people in my day to day life differs from you perceive the show.

And for your information I've been a fan of the show since day one and still consider it to be my favorite tv series. I also own and have read the graphic novels up until the end of the prison arc. I'm content with my level of fandom and it's ok if my minority opinion doesn't get me admitted into your inner circle of "true fans".

You lost your entire argument and missed the entire point of the series with that one.

Again, sorry I didn't adore the episode "Clear" as much you did. I explained why I thought the last few episodes were of lower quality than the episodes in first half of the season and instead of discussion I get responses that are dismissive or rude. I thought the acting was over the top and the theme heavy handed. It really did not do much for me. Obviously that means the entire series went over my head.

I actually addressed your post point by point, I was the first to respond to it and I was neither rude nor dismissive.

How are you measuring the majority opinion? If you are on a forum discussing a movie or tv show you are probably bit more than a fan or viewer and maybe bit biased. The people on this forum do not represent the majority.

And I was simply stating my opinion and hoping to open up some discussion. Sorry my opinion and what I hear from people in my day to day life differs from you perceive the show.

And for your information I've been a fan of the show since day one and still consider it to be my favorite tv series. I also own and have read the graphic novels up until the end of the prison arc. I'm content with my level of fandom and it's ok if my minority opinion doesn't get me admitted into your inner circle of "true fans".

I never said the people on this forum represent the majority because they don't. I just thought the argument of "Well my friends feel this way too." was pretty irrelevant, filler even. And I'm glad you're a fan of The Walking Dead and its your favorite tv show but I still have to disagree with your filler argument. We can agree to disagree on that argument.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"