Titans Titans - Season 1 Episode 9- "Hank and Dawn"

I never cared much for her, but Minka looks HOT as a blonde.

It was a good episode, I have been surprised at how much I enjoy Hawk & Dove. But like I thought...totally stopped the main plot dead in its tracks just to give us an origin story which kills the vibe of the ending of the last episode.

Great episode this week! Loved seeing the backstories explored with great acting by Richtson, Kelly and Elliot Knight!

Jason Todd is coming back!!!!!!!!

It was a good episode, I have been surprised at how much I enjoy Hawk & Dove. But like I thought...totally stopped the main plot dead in its tracks just to give us an origin story which kills the vibe of the ending of the last episode.

I think there’s still two more episodes left

I thought there were 12 episodes?

Good episode. Didn't expect it to be so dark.

I enjoyed this ep more than I thought I would. I thought it would feel out of place and break the momentum of prior eps. And, in a way, it did. but there was a storyline reason for it which I wasn't expecting.

and I didn't expect it to get that dark, either.

but I still feel that the swearing on this show is overused at times. like they swear because they can not because it really adds anything to the show.

same with the violence and gore which can get over the top at times.

I enjoyed this ep more than I thought I would. I thought it would feel out of place and break the momentum of prior eps. And, in a way, it did. but there was a storyline reason for it which I wasn't expecting.

and I didn't expect it to get that dark, either.

but I still feel that the swearing on this show is overused at times. like they swear because they can not because it really adds anything to the show.

same with the violence and gore which can get over the top at times.

The swearing mostly feels natural to me. When something really weird and crazy happens a real person might say "what the ****" and that's missing from the sanitized shows.

This episode was total garbage.
First off, the show is supposed to be about the Titans, and yet after a major plot twist in their storyline they decided to forget about them entirely to focus on spinoff material....killing all the momentum is bad writing on so many levels that it's not even funny and it's an insult to fans of the show since they are clearly saying that 'Titans' is nothing more than a way to introduce a whole bunch of awful side characters.

That's bad enough, but on top of that they totally forgot the group the show is about for a full episode to focus on a dumb, poorly written story and even dumber characters (not very well acted either).
So, Hawk's super power is that is a dumb jock who's had too many concussions, yup, makes perfect sense.... and it gets worst from there. (Dawn fell off the roof and was in a coma but didn't have any broken bones or internal damage? she just wakes up from the coma and is ok?)
Oh well, disappointing, but then again when one of the writers of a gem like "Batman and Robin" is involved ridiculous characters, poorly written plots and dialogues (and overly pretentious thanks to 'abused-as-a-child theme) were kind of unavoidable....at this point I'm amazed that parts of the show were actually great.

Anyways, another potentially great DC show has turned into total garbage, what a surprise, and then they wonder why Marvel movies are more popular these days.

(I guess I'll give the next episode a chance.....but yeah, very disappointed, one more garbage episode like this one and I'll be done with the show)

Good episode, feel like it could have been placed in a different spot in the season, but it I really have enjoyed Hawk & Dawn.

Didn't realize that was Counselor Troi playing her mom until they were out on the street lol

Did we really need a Hawk and Dove origin episode, unless they intend to be part of the Titans? The episode was a bit contrived i.e they just happened to be at the same support group after the accident, Dove surviving a near fatal fall from such a height and managing to get out the hospital bed and wake up Hank, Donny suggesting going after sexual predators when his brother (unknown to him) just happened to be a victim of one. Well, whatever makes the plot swing I guess. Not bad overall, but I look forward to things getting back on track with the next episode.

Did we really need a Hawk and Dove origin episode, unless they intend to be part of the Titans? The episode was a bit contrived i.e they just happened to be at the same support group after the accident, Dove surviving a near fatal fall from such a height and managing to get out the hospital bed and wake up Hank, Donny suggesting going after sexual predators when his brother (unknown to him) just happened to be a victim of one. Well, whatever makes the plot swing I guess. Not bad overall, but I look forward to things getting back on track with the next episode.
I'm guessing they are going to be part of the team.

Her recovery, while miraculous is not outside the realm of possibility in the established universe. This is one where people can get kicked in the face and not show a mark. The fact she removed the intubation tube bothered me more.

Donnie did know. He even says so.

The support group is FOR those effected by the accident. It's on the sign outside.

They could also explain Raven remote healing Dawn since she was clearly in their heads trying to reach them for help. Dawn finally woke up when she saw Raven's reflection calling out to her.

I'm guessing they are going to be part of the team.

Her recovery, while miraculous is not outside the realm of possibility in the established universe. This is one where people can get kicked in the face and not show a mark. The fact she removed the intubation tube bothered me more.

Donnie did know. He even says so.

The support group is FOR those effected by the accident. It's on the sign outside.

Oops! I must have missed the last two items. Thanks.

I agree, i liked it, but it seems strange to spend an entire episode on an origin at this point.

It kind of reminds me of what Netflix often does, end an episode on a cliffhanger (usually halfway through the season) after a major event/twist, then the next one is a flashback or about some other character who wasn't around.

This one really surprised me, as it not only fleshed out the two characters I once cared least about, but also because the story was so emotionally resonant/engaging. Hot on the heels of the week before last's exciting cliffhanger episode, it also had the unenviable task of sustaining viewer interest all the while taking a detour from the main plot; and it accomplished that in spades! I still wish that Minka's natural brunette looks weren't buried under that bad Khaleesi wig and goggles, though, even with her still looking amazing regardless.

This one really surprised me, as it not only fleshed out the two characters I once cared least about, but also because the story was so emotionally resonant/engaging. Hot on the heels of the week before last's exciting cliffhanger episode, it also had the unenviable task of sustaining viewer interest all the while taking a detour from the main plot; and it accomplished that in spades! I still wish that Minka's natural brunette looks weren't buried under that bad Khaleesi wig and goggles, though, even with her still looking amazing regardless.
Dawn's little bit in the support group really resonated with me. "Why can't we make it fair?" I ask myself that ALL THE TIME!

I rewatched this and i changed my mind, the first minutes are slow but yeah, its nice to see them origin

Last edited:
Really enjoy Hawk and Dove in this - only thing that bothers me is that they are regular people in terms of abilities - I mean, in a show that obviously isn't afraid to feature magic, why have they thrown away the whole Hawk and Dove having powers bestowed to them by the Lords of Chaos/Order thing? (admittedly I haven't read a Hawk and Dove comic for well over a decade so for all I know that's all been retconned and the show is comicbook accurate)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"