To Coogler, Chad & Fiege: make T'Challa as ruthless as he is in comics

Nope. And you missed or chose yourself to dismiss that I like WINTER SOLDIER meaning no, I am not dismissing the film in its entirety. But Flint's gonna Flint.

I must have missed where I said you either didn't like Winter Soldier, or were dismissing the film in it's entirety.

But Krypton's gonna Krypton :funny:

Last edited:
In Captain America: Civil War, I think we already saw a lot of Black Panther's more aggressive and ruthless side when he spent so much of the movie hunting Bucky for revenge for his father's death. By the end, he had realized the error of his ways, and I don't think the filmmakers want to risk backsliding with his character development. His growth into a noble king and hero makes sense for what we've seen of his journey.

Yes, but that's understandable. Nobody thinks T'Challa is overly ruthless or being a d/ck by going on a manhunt against the guy who (he thinks) asassinated his father.

What has made T'Challa such a great character with so many good runs in the comics in the last 20 years, is that he can be aggressive and ruthless without needing a personal motivation (like his father's death). He's often like that because he simply think he's almost always right, and will do what it takes to achieve victory.

T'Challa in the comics is basically Dr Doom, but not evil. But Victor Von Doom and T'Challa have the same level of arrogance and certainty in almost every aspect of their life.

The sequel will have loads more T'Challa in the way that you hope for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"