Sequels Tobey Maguire Reportedly Offered $20M For 'Spider-Man 4'

I just don't know what Sony would do for 5/6... they know they can't get Tobey and Sam to do 3 more... I just can't see it so don't bother convincing me... 5/6 would just be the Schumachers of the series from what I can see... it would be like recasting the leads in the middle of a story... my line of thinking is that since the Goblin arc is completed they should start anew in the 4th... but if Sony believes they can convince these guys for 6 total their nuts

^It's cause people know how fast a franchise can turn to s#$t when the lead actor starts revolving! *cough* Batman *cough*

Exactly, look at Batman...Val Kilmer, George Clooney.

To the one who mentioned T3, Uhh, bad story, NO SARAH CONNOR, lame jokes, etc.

Just like if Spider-man 4 were to have no TOBEY MAGUIRE.

You can't start a character, then half way through the series, you change the actor out. Unless, of course, it's a redo, which should be years later. A different take on that particular universe. To do it now, would ruin it. When they change the universe of that icon, so should the actor(s).

I think changing any actor in a series is a bad idea, unless of course the actor does not want to continue. Look, I said earlier that I don't like Dunst because she seems to age very easily, where as Tobey looks as if he is still in his early twenties. Maybe he could pull it off; basically, he could be in his late thirties when the series raps.

if they make a 4th with the current cast, they better scale things back. less action that is. cut that budget down. one villain. the need to wrap things up in a single film, throwing in characters (villains) who deserve more time on screen, I think will hurt the movie in the long run. probably a great first time viewing that will slide with repetition.

Batman went to s*** because of poor writing bad villains campy themes and a host of other things. Don't blame Kilmer and Clooney, they only acted the way they wanted them to. As much as I would like to see Tobey come back to finish the Lizard story, I can get over him fairly quick as long as they keep the basic themes and tone.

If this is true, I hope that Tobey Maguire accepts it.

Tobey IS Peter Parker, as far as I'm concerned. I can't imagine anyone else in that role.

That's because you haven't seen anyone else play the role. Should the Bond films have stopped when Connery left?

I've never understood the "Tobey IS Peter Parker' rhetoric (or any likewise sentiment). Maguire's done a fine job, but to insinuate that he is the only actor that can do justice to the role is ridiculous. Past franchises that have fallen off after changes were made to the principal cast have sloppy and uninspired writing to blame. There's no reason whatsoever that the same focus and reasoning that went into the selection of this current cast can't be effective again.

There are a multitude of talented actors, a number of which we've ever heard of. I can understand someone being partial to the individuals that have given life certain characters on screen, but some of them act as if they're the end all-be all in the matter. That's crazy.

Batman went to s*** because of poor writing bad villains campy themes and a host of other things. Don't blame Kilmer and Clooney, they only acted the way they wanted them to. As much as I would like to see Tobey come back to finish the Lizard story, I can get over him fairly quick as long as they keep the basic themes and tone.

Exactly, what I always say is it depends on the director, Keaton was perfect for Burton, Bale perfect for Nolan, Mcguire perfect for Raimi, if they change the director then I will talk about replacements

I have always said if Michael Mann had directed Forever, Kilmer would have been flawless, and if Steven Soderberg had direct Batman and Robin, Clooney would have been flawless cause those are two director/actor combos that have worked famously in the past together

If they get a more serious director, then Gyllenhaal may be the best choice, if they go with a Edgar Wright (which they should) Shia Leabuf may be the best choice, or sticking with Mcguire

it really all depends on the scenario that gets laid in front of sony, who do they hire first will determine the other position I think

It would be greatness if they have to start over all new, to find another actor that is not so well known for Spidey. I think it fired up the creativity in the first three. If they're not willing to go that route, then I agree maybe Gyllenhaal could carry it off with the right director.

Exactly, what I always say is it depends on the director, Keaton was perfect for Burton, Bale perfect for Nolan, Mcguire perfect for Raimi, if they change the director then I will talk about replacements

I have always said if Michael Mann had directed Forever, Kilmer would have been flawless, and if Steven Soderberg had direct Batman and Robin, Clooney would have been flawless cause those are two director/actor combos that have worked famously in the past together

If they get a more serious director, then Gyllenhaal may be the best choice, if they go with a Edgar Wright (which they should) Shia Leabuf may be the best choice, or sticking with Mcguire

it really all depends on the scenario that gets laid in front of sony, who do they hire first will determine the other position I think

I absolutely agree with you 100%. It's like changing the ingredients in something you like to eat or drink, it's just not the same, same goes for these movies.

shia as peter parker?

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I think the 3 main players, tobey kirsten and sam raimi should be replaced for movies 4-6 (and i think all 3 have done stellar jobs so far) coz theyre never gonna sign on for 3 more movies!!

I think the chances of them coming back for spiderman 4 is pretty high but they wont do them all and then we'd have two random films on the end with a different cast!!! change them now and save some money then we have two spiderman trilogies but one overall brilliant series!!!

The saying they should start again from the beginning are insane, its only 5 yrs since the 1st one!!!

Funny, the article says Tmags got $16million for sm2....actually,

Tmags got:-
sm1 - $5million
sm2 - $17million

I would have thought he'd either get $18 to 20million for sm3...

...interesting and btw, imo he's not worth all that money...dude should be getting at the very most $12million.

I don't think Tobey impressed me that much so that would warrant 20 freakin million. Can his ass, instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"