Sequels Tobey Maguire was miscast as Spider-Man

lol imagine if you were some 40 year old guy who works for Marvel or something just tricking everyone on the boards:woot:

Tobey Maguire is a guy that has what it takes to be Peter Parker/Spider-Man. He's proven it in three amazing Spider-Man films and personally, I have a hard time imagining somebody else as Peter Parker/Spider-Man. He played the "weight of the world on shoulders" Peter Parker so great and I really felt like I was lookin at/reading a Spider-Man comic. That's jsut my thoughts and opinions on Tobey magurie a Peter parker/Spider-Man.

Agreed :woot::spidey:

To tell you the truth, I think that Topher Grace would have been a great Spiderman... he would just need to bulk up massively.

Agreed too... Tobey is Spidey, just like Downey Jr. is Iron Man... :spidey:

Thats a bad anology my friend

Downey is basically nearly perfect as Tony Stark(if not perfect)....cant say the same about Tobey as Spidey

To tell you the truth, I think that Topher Grace would have been a great Spiderman... he would just need to bulk up massively.
Actually, yeah, that would have worked pretty well.

Tobey was terrible, but you'll always have people who love him since he got to do the role first.

I've always thought the role should have been Topher's. I also like the kid from Terminator..posted about that in another thread.

Downey is basically nearly perfect as Tony Stark(if not perfect)....cant say the same about Tobey as Spidey

Tobey is the perfect spidey :woot::spidey:
did you know Tobey helped Robert during the shooting of iron-man.

Tobey is the perfect spidey :woot::spidey:
In your opinion. He was great but definitly far from perfect.

did you know Tobey helped Robert during the shooting of iron-man.
I'm pretty sure thats not true, otherwise I would have heard something on here. So unless you got a link or something, thats false as far as I'm concerned.

In your opinion. He was great but definitly far from perfect.

I'm pretty sure thats not true, otherwise I would have heard something on here. So unless you got a link or something, thats false as far as I'm concerned.

Here's the link :woot: http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,23561563-5005380,00.html
here's the part of the interview that rob talks about tobey's support

Whenever he got stuck on set, he called Tobey Maguire for advice. Maguire was also an unlikely superhero when he was cast as Spider-Man.

“It’s been an interesting marriage,” Downey says “There’d be times where I’d be struggling with how to play a certain scene and I’d call him and he’d really help me out. Or he’d send me a text message and say, ‘Hey dude, I heard Iron Man is going to be huge, enjoy it and have fun’.”

It’s that kind of support that sees Downey more grounded than ever. That and staying busy keeps him on the straight and narrow.

Here's the link :woot: http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,23561563-5005380,00.html

Whenever he got stuck on set, he called Tobey Maguire for advice. Maguire was also an unlikely superhero when he was cast as Spider-Man.

“It’s been an interesting marriage,” Downey says “There’d be times where I’d be struggling with how to play a certain scene and I’d call him and he’d really help me out. Or he’d send me a text message and say, ‘Hey dude, I heard Iron Man is going to be huge, enjoy it and have fun’.”

It’s that kind of support that sees Downey more grounded than ever. That and staying busy keeps him on the straight and narrow.
Wow your right, I greatly apologize then.

Tobey Maguire was never right for the role whether it be Peter Parker or Spider-man but I'm not going to completely put the blame on him when he's not even asked to play charismatic in the first place. Raimi wanted geeky and quiet and that's what he got. Blame Raimi for not knowing the character.

There were lots of miscasting in Spider-Man trilogy. Only ones that were spot on were Jameson, Norman Osborn, Otto Octavius, Curt Connors and Sandman.
Couldn't agree with you more, i thought each of those actors filled in those shoes perfectly. In miscasts, kirsten dunst takes the bait for the biggest out of them all. she in no way played that part well or suited it. The character never felt like the character once, i would of preferred she was gwen if i had to choose. I would of preferred someone else over tobey but he still made the character enjoyable (minus those ridiculous music numbers he does in two and three!!!)

There were lots of miscasting in Spider-Man trilogy. Only ones that were spot on were Jameson, Norman Osborn, Otto Octavius, Curt Connors and Sandman.
JJJ is questionable though, i thought he was great, but he wasn't much like the comic counterpart

That's so awesome! :up:

I agree with you there dude. Robert Downey Jr. IS Iron man.
I can't see anyone else doing that role....ever. especially since he has a love for the character.

As for Tobey. I think he can be replaced.
It's REALLY hard to say about his performance. because basically he acted out what he was given. Not enough banter or wisecracks from spidey. Peter parker was a bit too much of a wimp. even ultimate parker is more hardcore than movie peter. lol.
I think he was a little too soft in the role though.

so I really don't mind if Tobey doesn't return.

(Yes I saw the earlier posts about The Tobey/Downey Connection. but I really believe its more of the writers fault in spidey. still i think Tobey played it too soft. lol.)

Yea it would have been nice if they would have went with me, since I am the stunt double. I like the room great board.
meandmydadgg0.jpg

Regards,
Chris

I agree with you there dude. Robert Downey Jr. IS Iron man.
I can't see anyone else doing that role....ever. especially since he has a love for the character.

As for Tobey. I think he can be replaced.
It's REALLY hard to say about his performance. because basically he acted out what he was given. Not enough banter or wisecracks from spidey. Peter parker was a bit too much of a wimp. even ultimate parker is more hardcore than movie peter. lol.
I think he was a little too soft in the role though.

so I really don't mind if Tobey doesn't return.

(Yes I saw the earlier posts about The Tobey/Downey Connection. but I really believe its more of the writers fault in spidey. still i think Tobey played it too soft. lol.)

Agreed too... Tobey is Spidey, just like Downey Jr. is Iron Man... :spidey:
You think Tobey is as good a Spidey as Downey Jr is Iron Man? :huh:

:(

I think Gyllenhaal would have been a better Spidey.

You think Tobey is as good a Spidey as Downey Jr is Iron Man? :huh:

:(

I think Gyllenhaal would have been a better Spidey.

Yea I think would have also...
He was supposed to take Tobey's place in the 2nd movie because of his back problems.

Who knows he may finally be spidey in spider-man 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"