Sequels Tobey Maguire Reportedly Offered $20M For 'Spider-Man 4'

he doesn't bring anything to the role I'll miss.

Yeah but why would you wanna can him? If he doesn't wanna do it, I am cool replacing him, but it is his role till he steps down

Yeah but why would you wanna can him? If he doesn't wanna do it, I am cool replacing him, but it is his role till he steps down

oh, you're definitely right, I just phrased it that way because I want him gone ASAP.:o

I hear you ^^^... based on the comments made by Raimi/Tobey it appears to be its an all or nothing... it isn't going to be one or the other... so start fresh and cheap and make a lower budget film with a new CORE cast (Keep Simmons/Baker/etc)... let them give us something we haven't seen before... and let these characters give us a different spin... ain't like SM4 is gonna be a finally or anything... breaking the bank on the cast will cost another 250 million... Sony should get it back down to the 220 mark if they have any sense... which they do ofcourse

Tobey, take it from my close friend:

Howie%20Mandel%20Photo.jpg

TAKE THE DEAL!

is there anyone ALIVE that would turn down 20 million and get to BE Spider-man at the same time? I'd PAY to be Spider-Man

tobey maguire just doesnt fit the part anymore though

I think Tobey fits the part brilliantly. And as long as he's physically capable of doing the role, I'd like him to keep doing it. What he brings to the role of Peter Parker far better than any of the other actors rumored to replace him - are the elements of truth and sincerity. There's a deep, underlying, emotionally complicated level within him and that shines through in his performance.

i'm not getting my hopes for either way, too much anticipation will kill you.

I think Tobey fits the part brilliantly. And as long as he's physically capable of doing the role, I'd like him to keep doing it. What he brings to the role of Peter Parker far better than any of the other actors rumored to replace him - are the elements of truth and sincerity. There's a deep, underlying, emotionally complicated level within him and that shines through in his performance.

I agree, for one, if Tobey is replaced, another actor steps in, he won't know how to act like Spider-man. How much experience does Tobey have, oh yeah, tons. They're not going to try and get someone else, at least not yet. That means that they would have to train him about all his mannerisms and poses that Spider-man has. When you could just get Tobey to come in, no training, he knows what he's doing.

It doesn't make any sense to Sony, unless Tobey wanted an outrageous amount or said no, to get another actor at this point. I believe they will make a deal with him. 3 more films for $$$$ amount.

I agree, for one, if Tobey is replaced, another actor steps in, he won't know how to act like Spider-man. How much experience does Tobey have, oh yeah, tons. They're not going to try and get someone else, at least not yet. That means that they would have to train him about all his mannerisms and poses that Spider-man has. When you could just get Tobey to come in, no training, he knows what he's doing.

Disagree... many capable actors out there that are multi talented... they are actors getting paid millions... I think they could get down a guy like Peter Parker... the funny, witty, and intelligent version the way the character was meant to be... its not that hard a role... and training??? Last time I looked... Tobey Maguire didn't look like Gerard Butler from the SM3 trailers I have seen so far...

It doesn't make any sense to Sony, unless Tobey wanted an outrageous amount or said no, to get another actor at this point. I believe they will make a deal with him. 3 more films for $$$$ amount.

Ya thats a no brainer... will only be what??? 60 million dollars? Maybe a percentage of the B.O making that 80 million... thats peanuts no doubt.. Only a quarter of the SM3 budget anyways...

...and training??? Last time I looked... Tobey Maguire didn't look like Gerard Butler from the SM3 trailers I have seen so far...

Um... remember what Tobey looked like before he became Spider-Man? He was like what Topher Grace is now. Tobey did put on a lot of muscle for the first movie, lost it all to go do Seabiscuit, and then got it all back again for Spider-Man 3 and has maintained it. Besides, Spider-Man's not supposed to be a huge muscle-bound super-hero. That's one of his characteristics that makes him unique among super-heroes.

Um... remember what Tobey looked like before he became Spider-Man? He was like what Topher Grace is now. Tobey did put on a lot of muscle for the first movie, lost it all to go do Seabiscuit, and then got it all back again for Spider-Man 3 and has maintained it. Besides, Spider-Man's not supposed to be a huge muscle-bound super-hero. That's one of his characteristics that makes him unique among super-heroes.

Oh so what you are telling me is that other actors are by no means capable of maintaining a strict diet and exercise regimine? Just stop dude please... you aren't building an argument... its one thing to say Maguire IS Peter Parker... and I agree with that... we have grown accustomed to seeing him... but please don't convince people with crap saying that there is no one else capable in Hollywood of playing the character... its the stupidest thing I have heard regarding this subject as of yet... look you want Tobey back... we all do... it won't be the same thereafter... its the best solution... the sure thing... but its a business and change is sometimes good. But by no means will it mean SM4 will be another Schumacher Batman film if they replace him. I am tired of hearing it quite frankly

If he turns it down...Sony shouldn't offer him any more...we need that money to look for Kirsten's replacement.

Oh so what you are telling me is that other actors are by no means capable of maintaining a strict diet and exercise regimine? Just stop dude please... you aren't building an argument... its one thing to say Maguire IS Peter Parker... and I agree with that... we have grown accustomed to seeing him... but please don't convince people with crap saying that there is no one else capable in Hollywood of playing the character... its the stupidest thing I have heard regarding this subject as of yet... look you want Tobey back... we all do... it won't be the same thereafter... its the best solution... the sure thing... but its a business and change is sometimes good. But by no means will it mean SM4 will be another Schumacher Batman film if they replace him. I am tired of hearing it quite frankly

Actually, no, I'm not saying that at all. All I was saying is that Tobey used to be a hell of a lot smaller and he did what was required of him for Spider-Man. Also, Spider-Man isn't supposed to be the size of Gerard Butler.

Way to blow that way out of proportion...

Well stating that other actors would need extensive "training on the mannerisms of Peter Parker" is just as stupid... they are ACTORS... go figure... its not hard to get this guy down believe me. A replacement won't try to be Maguire thats the thing... they will try to be Peter Parker... and its an easier decision when it will cost you 15 million less... lets just wait and see how Sony plays this thing out... but I prefer an overhaul (Thats just me personally)... they need to get the budget down a bit... and they need to keep things fresh... sometimes actors playing a role over and over again dull out. Let me see what a new team can bring to this... unless SM3 is through the roof and reeks in 450 (Which it won't) SOny shouldn't be in a rush to hand out blank checks... thats just me though so obviously people will disagree. But your first statement about the training, while I know where it is coming from, doesn't really apply to other professionals in this business

Well stating that other actors would need extensive "training on the mannerisms of Peter Parker" is just as stupid... they are ACTORS... go figure... its not hard to get this guy down believe me. A replacement won't try to be Maguire thats the thing... they will try to be Peter Parker... and its an easier decision when it will cost you 15 million less... lets just wait and see how Sony plays this thing out... but I prefer an overhaul (Thats just me personally)... they need to get the budget down a bit... and they need to keep things fresh... sometimes actors playing a role over and over again dull out. Let me see what a new team can bring to this... unless SM3 is through the roof and reeks in 450 (Which it won't) SOny shouldn't be in a rush to hand out blank checks... thats just me though so obviously people will disagree. But your first statement about the training, while I know where it is coming from, doesn't really apply to other professionals in this business

Dude... you're not getting it. I never said nobody else couldn't do the training Tobey did. All I was saying that Tobey did exactly what he was supposed to do to physically fit the role of Spider-Man. I said that because some one else said something along the lines of "Tobey ain't no Gerard Butler!" And my main point was - PHYSICALLY, HE'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE.

Is Tobey Maguire replaceable? Yes. At this point the whole damn cast and crew is. But I'm not going to get all worked up about it. There's no point. If the time comes that they do cast a replacement, I'll pass my judgement then.

Dude... you're not getting it. I never said nobody else couldn't do the training Tobey did. All I was saying that Tobey did exactly what he was supposed to do to physically fit the role of Spider-Man. I said that because some one else said something along the lines of "Tobey ain't no Gerard Butler!" And my main point was - PHYSICALLY, HE'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE.

Is Tobey Maguire replaceable? Yes. At this point the whole damn cast and crew is. But I'm not going to get all worked up about it. There's no point. If the time comes that they do cast a replacement, I'll pass my judgement then.

Sigh... this whole time I was arguing with you when it was Kansas Boy that made those statments... just a big mixup... ma fault

All I'm saying is if they replace Tobey, it better be somebody really, really good and the story as well. Otherwise, it will fall on its face.

Put it this way, Say they do Spider-man 4 without Tobey, and Sam. The film bombs, let's just say. What do you think they will blame it on? The film, the director, the lead actor? They'll probably blame all the above. What happens next? No more Spider-man films for a couple of more years. Why, cause they put all that money into it and didn't get it all back.

Now, I'm not talking fanboys in the U.S. This is worldwide, and many have grown accustom to Tobey as Peter, and Sam as a great director of these fantastic films. Take that chemistry away, and you might, I said, "Might" have a bomb, as far as international box office goes. That's a big chance that Sony will, or will not take.

If they get Sam to direct, Tobey will be back, plain and simple to all of you. I hope he stays on, at least until Dr. Connors (The Lizard) story is resolved.

All I'm saying is if they replace Tobey, it better be somebody really, really good and the story as well. Otherwise, it will fall on its face.

Put it this way, Say they do Spider-man 4 without Tobey, and Sam. The film bombs, let's just say. What do you think they will blame it on? The film, the director, the lead actor? They'll probably blame all the above. What happens next? No more Spider-man films for a couple of more years. Why, cause they put all that money into it and didn't get it all back.

Now, I'm not talking fanboys in the U.S. This is worldwide, and many have grown accustom to Tobey as Peter, and Sam as a great director of these fantastic films. Take that chemistry away, and you might, I said, "Might" have a bomb, as far as international box office goes. That's a big chance that Sony will, or will not take.

If they get Sam to direct, Tobey will be back, plain and simple to all of you. I hope he stays on, at least until Dr. Connors (The Lizard) story is resolved.

I agree... but people just seem to forget the obvious... bringing back the actors doesn't mean its going to keep getting better and better... ala TLS... Matrix Sequels... T3... it goes on and on... movies that cost more and didn't even make as much as the first in some occasions... or did not reach/exceed expected profits... bottom line is... we need a new director... cmon Raimi is in hot demand... honestly don't be naive to think he will do three more. Every director says "Oh yeah I'll do it if they asked me too"... but money talks... and its going to cost a sh:tload of money signing him up and asking him to commit 8 more years... its time to pass the torch... I don't have to repeat myself over and over about Tobey... but there are plenty actors out there... the point is... the budget shouldn't keep going up... get it down to 200 million... lower expectations a bit... and bring it back up again. Thats why they shouldn't rush it... SM4 maybe around 2011 is the safer slot... maybe even later than that although you don't want to lose the supporting cast.

The ONLY REASON why so many people are so pressed to get the cast back is as you said... everyone wants to see Tobey and Baker together to do a freakin Lizard movie... cmon does that really merit another investment like SM3? I think not... ofcourse the budget won't be as high... but its still gonna cost 20 for Tobey and a bunch for Raimi regardless. A movie like that doesn't need that kind of budget... even with everyone back it won't be a 400 million dollar flick I can guarantee it. I just don't want to see lesser and lesser sequels like some other franchises.

Give the money to Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

Not only will he do it for half that amount, he would be a far better Peter Parker/Spider-man.

Here he goes again :whatever:

J/K Fury ;)

Tobey Maguire...more like, Mopey Maguire! :woot:

I don't know why everyone's so attached. He's kind of a lameass Spidey.

^It's cause people know how fast a franchise can turn to s#$t when the lead actor starts revolving! *cough* Batman *cough*

I hope both Maguire and Raimi could stick around to finish out the saga. Hell, I really don't have a problem with Dunst, except that I really don't like her as a actress and she ages very quickly, at least in my book. If Raimi/Maguire?Dunst all made another 3 films, then Spidey could be the most complete movie saga of all time, even surpassing Star Wars!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"