Tom Hardy is cooking up a Dc comics Tv show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maze

Proud AquaMomoa inventor
Reaction score
HARDY: I actually got something cooking with Warner Bros. which is also a comic book, it’s a DC thing which is kind of…

Oh you should really share because I’m not a journalist, no one’s recording this.

HARDY: It’s really good actually, it contains elements of all kinds of stuff. From Ocean’s Eleven, to Batman, you can get all the wrappers out and it would be a big, really cool, Technicolor, Pulp Fiction…It’s a psychological ****fest, it’s absolutely awesome. It’s as if you would take Transmetropolitan and make it happen, but it’s not that out there it’s something which is much more real world. It could be like Heat, it could be ****ing awesome. Let me tell you what it is, try and guess.

No, but you know what I’m saying. I’m trying to be respectful with the time. My thing is, they have a schedule through 2020 that they’ve announced movies. Is what you wanna do something that’s not on that
schedule?

HARDY: It’s not even a movie.

So it’s something you’ve seen…

HARDY: It’s already… It’s real estate, it’s PRIME real estate which is sitting there right under everybody’s nose that no one’s really thought about yet and it goes TV and movie, it’s awesome. I can’t believe that nobody has even –I know they thought of it but no one has actually blown life into it yet.

I’m not gonna guess because I have to go, because he’s gonna kill me. But I just wanna know…

HARDY: Anybody…

http://collider.com/tom-hardy-taboo-filming-dc-comics-movie-tv-series/

:hmr: :huh:

Rereading it not sure it would be a tv show? Maybe a Mini tv serie? It could be a movie too? :huh: (Ala Dark tower?)

ps: The title should be edited, to something like Tom Hardy is working on a dc comics adapation. Thanks you :)

Last edited:
I think it's 100 Bullets. Goyer was developing a show based on that comic for Showtime last year. Haven't heard much since. But it certainly sounds like what Hardy is hinting at. I don't know much about the comic, but from what I have read about it, he seems like he could be a good fit for Agent Graves.

^ I'm also guessing it will be one of the Vertigo properties (Ie: iZombie, Preacher etc.)

Could be wrong but the fact that he name checked one of the greatest things DC has ever published (Transmetropolitan) is a good thing and also reflective of the type of property it might be (Vertigo as opposed to mainstream DC).

Looks like he also might be even more in tune with great comic books than a lot of the posters on these movie/comic book websites who I'm sure have never even heard of Spider Jerusalem.

King Mob and the Invisibles !!! ....I can only dream.

I very much doubt hardy will be doing tv. Not in the conventional way anyways. WB/hbo perhaps.

I was hoping someone would address this. Would be very interesting to see what comes from this developement.

Still hoping he gets a more known character, in one of the movies.

I think it's 100 Bullets. Goyer was developing a show based on that comic for Showtime last year. Haven't heard much since. But it certainly sounds like what Hardy is hinting at. I don't know much about the comic, but from what I have read about it, he seems like he could be a good fit for Agent Graves.
:csad:
I saw 100 Bullets and I was like :hmr:

Then I saw David Goyer and I was like :csad:

I very much doubt hardy will be doing tv. Not in the conventional way anyways. WB/hbo perhaps.

Hardy was only recently part of the cast for a British BBC made tv drama series called PEAKY BLINDERS. Him doing a tv show despite all his movie offers (and especially even if FURY ROAD takes off at the box office) wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Tom Hardy Tackling Vertigo Comic '100 Bullets' for New Line (Exclusive) http://thr.cm/IwU9CX

New Line and Tom Hardy are loading up on 100 Bullets.

In the first move since taking oversight of DC Entertainment’s Vertigo comics line from corporate sibling Warner Bros., New Line is developing an adaptation of the acclaimed comic by Brian Azzarello and Eduardo Risso.

Hardy, who played villain Bane in The Dark Knight Rises as well as starred in this summer’s Mad Max: Fury Road, is on board to produce the adaptation with an eye to star.

He will produce with Dean Baker via the duo’s Hardy Son & Baker production shingle.
The project is already down the line in development, having a script by Chris Borrelli, whose credits include the recent supernatural horror movie The Vatican Tapes.
Running for 100 issues from 1999 to 2009, the acclaimed comic centered on an enigmatic man named Agent Graves as he presents different people, for reasons unknown, with a gun, the identity of the person who ruined their lives … and a hundred rounds of untraceable ammunition.
Over the course of the series emerged a large crime saga that won accolades in the form of Eisner and Harvey Awards for Azzarello, Risso and the comic.
The plot for movie is being kept locked in a briefcase but insiders say the plan is to stay true to the comic.Geoff Johns and Adam Schlagman are overseeing for DC while Richard Brener, Walter Hamada and Dave Neustadter run point for New Line.

don't have any interest in this, but i will see it probably!

would've preferred a true DCEU role for Tom Hardy

Interesting. I could have seen 100 Bullets adapted as a TV series on HBO or AMC. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"