Tom Hardy to Star in Vertigo's '100 Bullets'

Urich Leeds

Hype Drifter
Reaction score
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/tom-hardy-tackling-vertigo-comic-814472

New Line and Tom Hardy are loading up on 100 Bullets.

In the first move since taking oversight of DC Entertainment’s Vertigo comics line from corporate sibling Warner Bros., New Line is developing an adaptation of the acclaimed comic by Brian Azzarello and Eduardo Risso.

Hardy, who played villain Bane in The Dark Knight Rises as well as starred in this summer’s 'Mad Max: Fury Road', is on board to produce the adaptation with an eye to star. He will produce with Dean Bake via the duo’s Hardy Son & Baker production shingle.

The project is already down the line in development, having a script by Chris Borrelli, whose credits include the recent supernatural horror movie 'The Vatican Tapes'.

Running for 100 issues from 1999 to 2009, the acclaimed comic centered on an enigmatic man named Agent Graves as he presents different people, for reasons unknown, with a gun, the identity of the person who ruined their lives … and a hundred rounds of untraceable ammunition.

Over the course of the series emerged a large crime saga that won accolades in the form of Eisner and Harvey Awards for Azzarello, Risso and the comic.

The plot for movie is being kept locked in a briefcase but insiders say the plan is to stay true to the comics.

This movie is gonna be sick.

Last edited:
Yeah. Hardy NEEDS to star in this. He's awesome, and this sounds like it could be a great property to adapt.

BaneDance.gif

BaneIntensifies_zpsjfssvwou.gif

BaneFireRise_zpswg7sioi3.gif

Awesome news. Remember these comics never thought it would get the film treatment and with Hardy involved only makes it better.

One to look out for in the future.

Awesome news. I'd also love it if they not give up on adapting Global Frequency whether it be a TV series or a stand alone movie.

I never read 100 Bullets but I checked online and buying all the books will be expensive :(

It's great that Hardy is in the DC world but I wish he could be in the dceu. Don't get me wrong the dude is a good actor but mad max I thought was so overrated. It was a 2 hour crash Derby/ chase scene. Yet he's showered with praise. I'd like some of that praise in the dceu. To me they've earned it but I'd like to see them receive it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"