Football (Soccer)

Joselu came on and got 2 goals with his first 3 touches. :funny:

2014 UEFA Champions League Final - Portugal - Ronaldo W

2017 UEFA Champions League Final - Wales Bale W

2021–22 UEFA Champions League Final - France Benzema W

2023–2024 UEFA Champions League Final - England Bellingham, will Jude make it four? ⌛
What a season that would be for Bellingham to end with not just the La Liga but a CL as well in his first attempt at Madrid. Bellingham v Sancho is a neat little side story in the final as well. Great for England as well.

Huge mistake from the ref yesterday, blowing the whistle on that last offside, instead of letting VAR handle it, like we've been doing for years. Mazraoui wasn't off and De Ligt ended up putting the ball in the back of the net, but since the ref had blown the whistle, VAR could do nothing about it.

Villa behind against the run of play despite starting well. Huge task got even bigger now! Olympiakos have been clinical throughout this tie.

Huge mistake from the ref yesterday, blowing the whistle on that last offside, instead of letting VAR handle it, like we've been doing for years. Mazraoui wasn't off and De Ligt ended up putting the ball in the back of the net, but since the ref had blown the whistle, VAR could do nothing about it.
Yeah, he should have just followed the rules instead of making a big intervention and introducing controversy into it - VAR could have sorted the offside issue easily.

2-0 Olympiakos now for 6-2 on aggregate. All over .

Thats it for English sides then in Europe nobody able to make it to a final this year, close but not quite. Last year we did have West Ham and City winning so some years its just not your turn. But its good that it gets mixed up a bit otherwise can get stale. Leverkusen are on for not losing a game all season, Olympiakos will be their biggest night ever, Atalanta & Fiorentina too and Madird and Dortmund have a lot of CL pedigree in the competition so should make for some good finals. A lot of teams that probably were not heavy favourites at the start of the competitions to make finals but have all found a way.

Apparently Mount has been injured AGAIN in training. I might have been the only one optimistic about this signing to begin with but I hold my hand up and I say I was wrong. This has to be the worst transfer we have made in the 25 years since I started following the club. 250k a week for doing NOTHING.

Apparently Mount has been injured AGAIN in training. I might have been the only one optimistic about this signing to begin with but I hold my hand up and I say I was wrong. This has to be the worst transfer we have made in the 25 years since I started following the club. 250k a week for doing NOTHING.
What about Alexis Sanchez? :)

Et voila c'est fini, Mbappe confirms he's leaving PSG at the end of the season

Et voila c'est fini, Mbappe confirms he's leaving PSG at the end of the season

Fair play to him, these things can often come over cheesy and more offensive to fans but being honest about his own failings at the club is a rare thing for a lot of these ego driven times for players.

Also, welcome to United lad, decent back up to Antony. :o

Trouble is he faces a lot of competition in that department these days for worst signing. The list grows every year with that. One of the most pointless thats for sure, was a head scratcher when we signed him and still bemused what was the point. From November to April I forgot he even played for us. At least he's had the decency to stay injured most of the season and not play in our side unlike some of other "signings" who keep showing up every week who I wish wouldnt. :funny::funny:

Yeah Madrid are only going to get scarier next season, hard to see them not winning another title and CL next season with him added. I just wonder where he will play as I assume they are not going to be moving Vini Jnr from his position but still a nice problem to have.

Well City seeing things out very well so far. One more potential banana skin out the way after trouncing Fulham 4-0 away. 2 goals from Gvardiol, 1 for Foden and a pen from Alvarez.

Well City seeing things out very well so far. One more potential banana skin out the way after trouncing Fulham 4-0 away. 2 goals from Gvardiol, 1 for Foden and a pen from Alvarez.
City not only securing the three points but are also hunting for that goal difference

Not exactly the biggest surprise.

Edit: oh already above. Hope he turns into a Madrid great for you @Sebastos
Big leap for him, feel the last piece of the of the "future puzzle" is complete. The MVB is gonna be one dangerous trio.
Yeah Madrid are only going to get scarier next season, hard to see them not winning another title and CL next season with him added. I just wonder where he will play as I assume they are not going to be moving Vini Jnr from his position but still a nice problem to have.
I can see them switching here and there. Vini has been playing more centrally last few matches with Rodrygo on the left instead.

Last edited:
Newcastle fail to beat Brighton at home putting a dent in Euro hopes. Shame for our last home game of a difficult season.

Arda Guler scored again today, that's three goals in three starts for us. 🔥 :clap:

Dropping 5 point to Fulham, 6 to Villa and losing to West Ham at home really ruined us. The title and season was gone after the Villa game. This is all on the manager. 3 years ago we bottled top 4, last year we bottled the League and we’ve done it again this season. Man City are laughing, they can start off season’s poorly, yet still come away with most of the spoils because others drop the advantages and opportunity’s they are given. But we’ll go spend another £250m this summer taking us close to a billion spending under this guy to most likely be in the same position at the end of next season with nothing to show for it. We’re just Spurs under Pochettino, but having spent way more. :down

Arda Guler scored again today, that's three goals in three starts for us. 🔥 :clap:
I need to check out some clips. I’ve loved what I’ve seen of him but didn’t see anything from this season. Awesome skills, I hope he goes on to become a great.

So Burnley are gone, not a great shock but more of a surprise Spurs managed to win a game.

United v Arsenal today. Its the sort of game where Arsenal need to win and we dont really have much to play for and we will end up pulling at a result and literally hand the title to City, that would pretty much sum us up these past seasons. But Im not sure how many fit players we even have so it might be Arsenal v Under 10's and an easy 3 and move on for them anyway.

City just look unstoppable though so even though the game will get hyped up today no doubt I'm not sure it will be that significant in the end. Hard to see City dropping any points now.

Dropping 5 point to Fulham, 6 to Villa and losing to West Ham at home really ruined us. The title and season was gone after the Villa game. This is all on the manager. 3 years ago we bottled top 4, last year we bottled the League and we’ve done it again this season. Man City are laughing, they can start off season’s poorly, yet still come away with most of the spoils because others drop the advantages and opportunity’s they are given. But we’ll go spend another £250m this summer taking us close to a billion spending under this guy to most likely be in the same position at the end of next season with nothing to show for it. We’re just Spurs under Pochettino, but having spent way more. :down
I feel like the media are desperate for someone other than City to win the 4th title on the bounce and are hyping Arsenal and Arteta as much as possible and heaping praise on them without actually winning much when it really matters. I mean for all they talk they have had they might end up with less than us if we pull out a miracle in the FA cup final, which while year they are a better team than us, trophies tend to speak for themselves.

I like what Arsenal are doing and at least Arteta has improved things but they need to get a few more things over the line I feel for some of the talk they get and get a few more trophies in the cabinet for it to really count for anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"