The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread part 2!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
2nd goal!? **** that did you see the 3rd!!!!!!! 32 passes in the build up!!!

Hat-tricks for Berbatov and RVP today. :woot:

United coasted to the 3 points, one of the more comfortable games I've watched this season, the movement and awareness of one and other between the front 4 was great to see, Giggs was outstanding, when he turns the clock back like that he's beyond any other wide man in the Prem because his game is so varied.

Was it that easy game Hunter?

2nd goal!? **** that did you see the 3rd!!!!!!! 32 passes in the build up!!!

It was sensational. It was funny because before that goal I was slagging Meireles off over his dress sense (saw a picture of him on a night out and his fashion sense, well, it was a bit camp to say the very least). Then he produces that stunner. Jaw dropping stuff!

i cant stand that guy, i just dont get how people find him funny!

anyway kenny has got us playing some nice football again

Typical MOTD.... Berbatov gets a Hat trick... Giggsy and Nani get great goals...United control the game from start to finish and what do they focus on?

Rooney...

Great performance & fine display from us today. Giggs & Nani where superb, however Nani's delaying of crosses, while it worked out today needs to be addressed. Against bigger & better teams he might not get the chance to cross that often & therefore should be doing it the second he uses his trickery to create some space for himself.

Berbatov, another fine display, with adding goals to his game no only has it given him the confidence to play better, but it also makes you appreciate what else he does for the team. Hes quite an unorthodox striker in the sense of defenders don't quite know when hes gonna make a run forward or if hes gonna just lay his usual precision pass off & stand like a statue.. get display. That's 17 goals in 20 Premiership games.

Rooney deserves praise for his contribution today, he looked superb. He was involved, if not directly assisting 4 out of the 5 goals today. People have been saying he has been in poor form all season etc. Fair enough, he hasn't scored anywhere near the same amount as last season, hes scored 2 goals in 13 Premiership appearances.. whereas last year after 13 games he was probably on 11 goals.
However this season Rooney has played 13 games, scored 2 & had 9 assists.. which is impressive. Last season in total after like 50 games he only had 6 assists.. however he did have 40 goals.
Some people only see goals as a judgement for a striker.. infact I tend to as well, but when you've set up 9 goals in 13 games.. well it's hardly bad or horrendous form as some of the typical papers would put it.

That Wigan keeper didn't deserve to be on the losing side at the Emirates.. he was like a friggin octopus saving shots driven at goal from point blank range.

Good display by Arsenal though, how can Walcott when 1 on 1 of a keeper.. think about looking backwards for support for someone to square the ball too, that to me kinda says he has low confidence in his finishing.

Raul Meireles goal vs Wolves was a superb hit.

That Wigan keeper didn't deserve to be on the losing side at the Emirates.. he was like a friggin octopus saving shots driven at goal from point blank range.

Good display by Arsenal though, how can Walcott when 1 on 1 of a keeper.. think about looking backwards for support for someone to square the ball too, that to me kinda says he has low confidence in his finishing.

Raul Meireles goal vs Wolves was a superb hit.

I disagree. His finishing has really improved, and he has produced some great efforts when taking chances. As crazy as it sounds, it's more likely that Wenger has told him to pass the ball to a team mate to pass into the net. When Nasri first arrived he was hitting them from everywhere, but has slackened off a bit since then. The only player allowed to do whatever the heck he wants, even going as far as costing our team just so he can have his brain farts without any repercussions is Diaby.

So after a poor 1st half to the season Utd finally beginning to play like deserving champions.

Toon top 7! Sunderland only a point behind Chelsea!!

Rooney deserves praise for his contribution today, he looked superb. He was involved, if not directly assisting 4 out of the 5 goals today. People have been saying he has been in poor form all season etc. Fair enough, he hasn't scored anywhere near the same amount as last season, hes scored 2 goals in 13 Premiership appearances.. whereas last year after 13 games he was probably on 11 goals.
However this season Rooney has played 13 games, scored 2 & had 9 assists.. which is impressive. Last season in total after like 50 games he only had 6 assists.. however he did have 40 goals.
Some people only see goals as a judgement for a striker.. infact I tend to as well, but when you've set up 9 goals in 13 games.. well it's hardly bad or horrendous form as some of the typical papers would put it.

If we could get Rooney and Berbatov firing at the same time it would be great, as this season they have developed more of an understanding than in previous seasons.

Forgot to mention good to see Van Persie back fully fit & in form. Is he enough to give Arsenal the push they need? They really could do with Vermaelen back too.

im kneee deep in revision so only caught the liverpool match

on motd did they mention how many passes were in the build up to the 3rd??? more than the argentina goal everyone creams themselves over

I disagree. His finishing has really improved, and he has produced some great efforts when taking chances. As crazy as it sounds, it's more likely that Wenger has told him to pass the ball to a team mate to pass into the net. When Nasri first arrived he was hitting them from everywhere, but has slackened off a bit since then. The only player allowed to do whatever the heck he wants, even going as far as costing our team just so he can have his brain farts without any repercussions is Diaby.

Oh I agree, I'm not saying his finishing is particularly bad.. I'm just saying if any attacking based player be it a winger, striker or attacking central midfielders first instinct when 1 on 1 with a keeper isn't to try & put the ball in the net himself.. well it doesn't exactly scream confidence in his own ability.

There aren't many great forward players that would even think about looking over their shoulder for someone to pass to if they are in such a glorious position.. as odd as it sounds in that particular instance you need to be more greedy, playing that pass was 1 pass too many & as a result I don't think they even got a proper shot off.

Qatar group bids for Manchester United

Even if this is true, is it odd that I'd be more worried if some unknown entity got control of the club..? Yes it would wipe out debt & yes it would probably free up alot of spending money... but at the same time they could be idiots like Mike Ashley or those morons that recently took over Blackburn & let Big Sam go..

Forgot to mention good to see Van Persie back fully fit & in form. Is he enough to give Arsenal the push they need? They really could do with Vermaelen back too.
We need Vermaelen back badly.
Ronaldo: Keep quiet Balotelli

:bow:

Couldn't have put it better myself. This comes days after Balotelli claimed (I don't know if any of you read it) that Manchester City had the best forward line in the world... better than Barcelona, better than Real Madrid, better than Chelsea, better than Manchester United, better than Inter, better than AC Milan etc.. with Balotelli, Tevez & Dzeko.. :lmao:

They have 3 good individuals there is no denying that, but as a unit & a partnership? I don't think so, no by a long shot..
Balotelli really needs to shut up and just play football.
Anyone watch the Arsenal vs Leeds match last night? really god contest and it showed how well Leeds played that Wenger brought RVP and Fabregas on to make sure Arsenal sealed the win. Johnson's goal was an absolute stormer and RVP is really looking sharp in the box, his header was superb.
Leeds gave us a real game at Elland Road and made us work for the win but Arshavin was fouled before their goal right in front of the lines man and they showed ill disapline at the end of the game so all the Leeds fans singing 'same old Arsenal always cheating' are hypocrites especially since the era when they were most successful they were known as the dirtiest team to of played the game.

Oh I agree, I'm not saying his finishing is particularly bad.. I'm just saying if any attacking based player be it a winger, striker or attacking central midfielders first instinct when 1 on 1 with a keeper isn't to try & put the ball in the net himself.. well it doesn't exactly scream confidence in his own ability.

There aren't many great forward players that would even think about looking over their shoulder for someone to pass to if they are in such a glorious position.. as odd as it sounds in that particular instance you need to be more greedy, playing that pass was 1 pass too many & as a result I don't think they even got a proper shot off.

I agree with everything you are saying. However, Wenger has been knonw for making ridiculous demands as the one I stated previously. Apparently Denilson's sideways passing syndrome also began from a brain fart from Wenger.

Keys and Gray. :doh:

i don't quite understand what all the fuss is about... yea, what they said was utterly moronic.... but you'd find MUCH worse in the stands.... Should we mike up the stands and boot out all the people making sexist comments when there are female officials?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"