The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread part 2!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only Rooney and Drogba have more goals than Bent in the last 2 seasons. That's pretty impressive...to me at least.

It is impressive no doubt, but Kevin Phillips scored consistantly for Sunderland & even managed to hit 30 goals in a Premiership season & he wasn't commanding such a fee.

At the same time while his scoring record is impressive, I don't think he is worth as much as Aston Villa have paid for him in terms of a transfer fee or I'm sure the rather high wages hes now getting.

Ronaldo: Keep quiet Balotelli

:bow:

Couldn't have put it better myself. This comes days after Balotelli claimed (I don't know if any of you read it) that Manchester City had the best forward line in the world... better than Barcelona, better than Real Madrid, better than Chelsea, better than Manchester United, better than Inter, better than AC Milan etc.. with Balotelli, Tevez & Dzeko.. :lmao:

They have 3 good individuals there is no denying that, but as a unit & a partnership? I don't think so, no by a long shot..

Forlan admits exit chance

I wonder would he fancy another crack at the Premiership, I'd love to see him back at Manchester United. He had horrific luck in front of goal for us, he got himself into fantastic positions & managed to hit everything other than the net on a regular basis.

Hes definatly a fan favourite at the club dispite his goalscoring record not being that impressive given the number of games played for us... HOWEVER, it should be said that alot of his appearances came from the bench & were 10/15 minute jobs so it doesn't really give a good reflection.. and he is a thorn in Liverpool's side.. which makes him a cult hero. :D :up:

I wonder how much Juventus are gonna offer & how much Athletico would want.. if it's in the region of £15m - £18m I wonder would Fergie take him back for another stint, he is only 31 & typically you could expect another 2 or 3 years of him playing at the top level minimum..

if United can get him back then Brilliant....

I don't see it happening, Fergie doesn't buy his former players back.

If he signed Becks back now that would be something.

Anyone watch the Arsenal vs Leeds match last night? really god contest and it showed how well Leeds played that Wenger brought RVP and Fabregas on to make sure Arsenal sealed the win. Johnson's goal was an absolute stormer and RVP is really looking sharp in the box, his header was superb.

Ronaldo is spot on about Balotelli. :up:

Can't see United being interested in Forlan at his age for that price.

Looks like Liverpool are going to get Suarez.

Anyone watch the Arsenal vs Leeds match last night? really god contest and it showed how well Leeds played that Wenger brought RVP and Fabregas on to make sure Arsenal sealed the win. Johnson's goal was an absolute stormer and RVP is really looking sharp in the box, his header was superb.
Yeah it was a great game, the atmosphere at Elland Road was electric, shame about the result but oh well you win some you lose some, looks like we will just have to try and get promoted back to the Prem instead.....MOT

i only heard the last few minutes of the game.... but i couldn't help but grin when i heard the commentators saying about Schmeichel coming up to help with the last minute corner..

Blasted Double posts...

Last edited:
Liverpool target M'Vila dreams of Manchester United move

Manchester United Viewing Leighton Baines And Fabio Coentrao As Potential Replacements For Patrice Evra - Report

Dalglish ready to splash the cash as Liverpool bid to wrap up Suarez deal

Defender Van der Wiel watched by four-man Manchester City delegation

Arsenal to Turn to New £8m Centre Back Solution as Wenger Targets Dutch International

Liverpool Plot Realistic £16m Double Raid as Comolli Scouts English Talent

Manchester United Forced Into Making £25m Bid for Wing Wizard

I'd love us to get an athletic DM like M'Vila.

I'd rather not lose Evra but if he goes either are solid replacements.

Suarez and Torres would be a formidable partnership.

City need a RB? :huh:

He's ok but I think there are better options for Arsenal.

After seeing Wickham play for Ipswich in the semi with Arsenal I think he'd be a great buy.

Man I hope we get Sanchez, him and Nani would give us so much creativity floating from the wings.

Last edited:
Well..... that's one way to get more revenue LOL

That Mourinho picture is hilarious!!!

12:45

Wolves 0-3 Liverpool FT

3pm

Arsenal 3-0 Wigan FT
Blackpool 1-2 Sunderland FT
Everton 2-2 West Ham FT
Fulham 2-0 Stoke FT
United 5-0 Birmingham FT
Newcastle 1-1 Spurs FT

Great result for Liverpool. Great result for United, can't help but feel it could've been more than 5-0 is Nani didn't shoot everytime he had the ball.

Hat-tricks for Berbatov and RVP today. :woot:

United coasted to the 3 points, one of the more comfortable games I've watched this season, the movement and awareness of one and other between the front 4 was great to see, Giggs was outstanding, when he turns the clock back like that he's beyond any other wide man in the Prem because his game is so varied.

Villa just went 1-0 up on ******..... Bent scores on his debut with his 2nd touch of the game...

I watched that Liverpool/Wolves match...that 2nd goal was damn pretty...hell of a volley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"