• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread part 2!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
cheers lads - would have been better with a win! the fact I have exams on wednesday has put a bit of a downer on it (but im used to it after all these years)

You're welcome mate. I know that feeling, I had 3 courseworks to do over the Christmas holidays, didn't get much time to relax and enjoy the festive season.

Good luck with your exam on wednesday! :up:

Lol, nice. Seriously though if we can keep this six together for when we face Barca, I reckon we can give them a better game(s) than we did last season.

Btw, did anyone see this beaut of a reaction from Szczesny yesterday? :D

It's a shame the second leg is at the Nou Camp, they are so strong there, I think if you can go with a lead you might have a chance, although I must admit I really can't see anyone beating Barca right now.

Wow that was some cat-like agility! :D

Sunderland shocker! Hitman Bent heads to Aston Villa in stunning £24m swoop

Mourinho sends Tevez SOS as Real Madrid plot sensational swoop for Man City striker

Vermaelen out of Barcelona clashes as Arsenal crock faces achilles surgery

EXCLUSIVE: Barcelona Preparing To Hijack Inter Bid For Alexis Sanchez As Blaugrana Scout Watches Genoa-Udinese - Goal.com

That is really out of the blue, crazy money as well, guess Villa are desperate given their situation.

Hey they'll have 2 of our 3 CL winning forward line! :funny:

It's a shame Vermaelen has had this injury problem after such a good debut season.

:cmad:

Last edited:
So The Special One is being criticized for having Benzema on the bench during Real's 1-1 draw yesterday. I don't really understand it as he's been complaining all week about needing a striker and then he benches the only striker he has. I guess the return of Kaka is causing problems as to where to play him and who to bench in his place.

So we have more leaked shirts, now it's Brazil and France. I have to say, I personally love the simplicity of the France shirt but at the same time, it seems like Nike just gave up on it.:dry:

France 11/12

Brazil 11/12

Also, when did France switch from Adidas to Nike?

So The Special One is being criticized for having Benzema on the bench during Real's 1-1 draw yesterday. I don't really understand it as he's been complaining all week about needing a striker and then he benches the only striker he has. I guess the return of Kaka is causing problems as to where to play him and who to bench in his place.

It was definitely a mistake by Mourinho as they looked instantly better once Benzema came on, his quick reactions on the edge of the box also set up Granero's goal.

So we have more leaked shirts, now it's Brazil and France. I have to say, I personally love the simplicity of the France shirt but at the same time, it seems like Nike just gave up on it.:dry:

France 11/12

Brazil 11/12

Also, when did France switch from Adidas to Nike?

Not sure about the green bar on the front of the Brazil shirt but the French one is classy.

Why does Bent want to go to relegation threatened Villa when Sunderland are having a great season? Might be what they need though at this stage.

That french shirt looks cheap and tacky...

So the FA have charged Rafael with improper conduct for basically yelling at Mike Dean. On a related note it's good to see Wayne Rooney back in form getting yellow cards for ref abuse.:up:

he must have said something specific as they aren't ****ing over Rooney even though he got a yellow for rightfully complaining about the stupid actions of that **** in black...

Well the good news is, Rafael doesn't have to miss any games. Just put him in Fabio's shirt.

So here's the whole France kit:

France 11/12 Kit

france-11-12-nike-home-football-shirt.jpg

Looks utter **** to me... cheap tacky ****...

Looks like Nike has taken another team's blue poloshirt and crudely glued a french badge over the original teams badge...

When I first saw it I thought it was Portsmouth's new kit.

Bent hands in transfer request as Aston Villa make £18m bid

£18m.. really? I know he does have a good scoring record for Sunderland, but is Darren Bent really worth £18m.. I wouldn't be a happy Villa fan if they paid so much for him.

Bit silly of him moving from Sunderland to Aston Villa anyway considering Aston Villa have been on abit of a decline in recent seasons in comparison to Sunderland who since Roy Keane & then Steve Bruce took over have only been on the rise.

£18m.. really? I know he does have a good scoring record for Sunderland, but is Darren Bent really worth £18m.. I wouldn't be a happy Villa fan if they paid so much for him.

Bit silly of him moving from Sunderland to Aston Villa anyway considering Aston Villa have been on abit of a decline in recent seasons in comparison to Sunderland who since Roy Keane & then Steve Bruce took over have only been on the rise.

Spurs agree Pienaar fee

I like Pienaar, I don't think he'll goto Spurs & claim a first team position however he'll add some nice depth to a midfield which is gradually getting stronger.

guys seriously try and get a listen to the talksport afternoon show from today, graham poll loses it and goes on a rant about united

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/listen-again/episode/17398 between the 17:00 and 17:30 slot

he posted on his column today about how Rafael was right to be sent off and if he had his way it would have been for the first challenge, he says he would have also abandoned the game as he would have sent off rooney, rio and vidic

try and get a listen honestly if all refs are as insane as him it's no wonder players don't respect them

Last edited:

Spurs agree Pienaar fee

I like Pienaar, I don't think he'll goto Spurs & claim a first team position however he'll add some nice depth to a midfield which is gradually getting stronger.

£24m for Bent? Are they serious?

Only Rooney and Drogba have more goals than Bent in the last 2 seasons. That's pretty impressive...to me at least.

Nice to see Inter get back to form and in the title hunt again, with the departure of Benitez and the arrival of Leonardo...

The players seem to have taken an instant liking to him (much like Mourinho), and have also started playing with the same intensity and determination that they had last year...

It's a strange one. You almost never see a player move 12 places down the table...unless he wasn't paying, which Bent was.

And at that price, if Villa still go down, it could seriously hurt the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"