Official: United Football League

12,167 attended tonight's UFL game in Hampton Roads, Virginia! While that attendance sounds bad, the Sportsplex only seats 14,000. Virginia Destroyers won 34-17 over Las Vegas Locos. At least attendance is doing good this year so far. This game also had no tv....just radio with radio also being online.

Denzel Washington!!!! At the game! His son, a RB for Sacramento scored a rushing TD. Showed him near sidelines.

probably wishes his son was good enough to be playing in the NFL

probably wishes his son was good enough to be playing in the NFL

There's enough college players to form a second league if the media actually reports on UFL games. And don't you dare give me that BS of ''Oh, that's true, but most college players suck'' Total BS.

Another turn over by Omaha. Tipped ball turns to INT.

And now another INT, this time by Omaha.

There's enough college players to form a second league if the media actually reports on UFL games. And don't you dare give me that BS of ''Oh, that's true, but most college players suck'' Total BS.

Another turn over by Omaha. Tipped ball turns to INT.

And now another INT, this time by Omaha.

I agree with you, but don't drag out the "media" excuse.....this is how it works in todays world, you have to prove yourself worthy of media coverage...the media isn't obligated to cover you

if UFL games were filling stadiums, they would get more coverage, but they aren't

:csad: UFL To Fold? Not officially...but at first I thought 'Gee, maybe my memory is bad and the title game was always suppose to be today, Oct 21st' No, was suppose to be Nov 4th or 5th. League CANCELED games...O-M-G you don't even have MONEY for a full 7 game season...:wow:. Now it's 4 game reg season...Omaha and Sacramento play a consolation game tomorrow night for their 5th games and Las Vegas goes for that rare 3-peat title win over Virginia--who they beat last two years in title game--when team was Florida.

For what it's worth, Veetle will have live web stream at 8pm EST for Title game in Virginia. :csad: likely a death blow now...

http://www.ufl-football.com/

EDIT NEW INFO

http://espn.go.com/united-football-...g-united-football-league-cutting-season-short

Found that link searching google...CBS AND TNT said 'No' to airing games in summer. Guess that happens when you have 5, then 4 team league. :(. At least UFL clearly states they are open with working with NFL...

Just 4 giggles, NFL should say 'Merge with us, we move Las Vegas to LA in a few years, Virgina to Toronto, etc' Doubtful.

Last edited:
Virginia beat Las Vegas in title game...Sacramento over Omaha in 3rd place game.

HOORAY for Marty. Glad to know he FINALLY won a Championship. YAY!!!

http://fangsbites.com/2012/01/united-football-league-commissioner-resi gns/

The United Football League which was hoping to gain fans in its three years of operation has announced that Commissioner Michael Huyghue has resigned. He has been the Commissioner since the league’s inception in 2009. The league has played with four or five teams in its three seasons. Plans for the 2012 season will be announced at a later date.

Huyghue has overseen league play and attempts to expand beyond five teams, however, the UFL has been hampered by lack of interest, lack of a steady TV contract and funding.

We have this press release from the UFL regarding Huyghue’s resignation.

The UFL is on the verge of dying. It is too bad, because as a start up football league, I thought they might have a chance. There may not be enough football fans to go around. I am one fan who enjoys NFL and college football and other forms of it (except maybe arena football), but this a league that could have used a serious infusion of cash from investors. Sorry, UFL. It was nice while it lasted.

The league's Facebook posted a new article!

April 16th league meeting.

May 1st announcement. Expected 5 team league. National/Regional tv deals.

The article stated the league is expected to sign nationally with CBS Sports Network, but league owner would not comment.

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/09/25/4851564/leading-off-ready-or-not-ufl-kicks.html

Negative article for a ousy league?

We see how things kick off TONIGHT...on the 26th...at 9pm Eastern. I have no idea if the game is on tape delay or not...but season opener for the 4th season is tonight, Virginia at Las Vegas.

And the league website is still down.

At least the game is on the higher end cable packages. CBS SPORTS NETWORK is airing games for this season and--if there's a 5th season--next season.

Well there is a game on tonight, 17-6 Vegas over Sacramento so far, early 4th quarter but...

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012...-forcing-some-mountain-lions-players-to-quit/

^And in the comments section, the FEDS MAY BE INVOLVED NOW. oh boy...labor laws?

Pelosi issued the first payroll checks Tuesday, but for only $1,000. The players are owed $3,500 per game.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/darrenh...nts-but-owners-providing-personal-guarantees/

Additionally, the coach mentioned that the United States Department of Labor has begun an investigation into potential violations of labor law and has already interviewed former running back coach Art Valero.

OH GOOD GOD.

Does anyone go to these games?

I'm just imaging two crappy teams playing in a dead empty stadium.

Does anyone go to these games?

I'm just imaging two crappy teams playing in a dead empty stadium.

Teams are pretty good in league. League doesn't know how to promote is all or pay people on time.

And I read 1,000 at most were in Sacramento. I know in Omaha and Virginia, people go. Last week in Virginia Beach, around 5,300 were at teh game. Only 14K stadium. Last YEAR Omaha and Sac did around 10K. I know the 2nd year in the league, it was 5 team league, Omaha being new team, they did 10-12K a game, looked good on tv.

The attendance is worse this year cause the league announced the season 7-9 days before season began...

We had pretty good crowds in Hartford too, I attended one game and the atmosphere was a lot of fun. I was disappointed when they "suspended operations" for the team

This thread makes me sad..
I really hope the USFL works out better than this.
Spring football is something I've wanted for a long time.

UFL kicks off March 30,2024 Do you believe in miracles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"