A11FL Coming 2015.

enterthemadness

The Triumvirate
Reaction score
Another new upstart Pro Football league is now set to debut in 2015. This is in wake of the new USFL appearing to fold before it's debut season in 2014 or 2015 and UFL folding while nobody cared after 3 seasons. However, the A11FL is unique.

http://www.a11fl.com/

Hence the name, depending on how players line up at the line of scrimmage before the play, all 11 players can be eligible to catch the ball as a WR.

The league is suppose to have four show case games in the spring of 2014. Full season spring 2015.

EDIT: Another league in 2014. NSFL. National Spring Football League.

http://www.thensfl.com/

Last edited:
sounds like fun, the Jags should give that a shot.

sounds like fun, the Jags should give that a shot.

I look forward to it. Their facebook page has over 20,900 likes.

Also, can someone change the thread title to Two new Spring Football Leagues. The NSFL opens up in Spring 2014.

The A11FL is a new spring American Football league scheduled to begin play in 2015. The league will have the same rules as the NFL, except that there will be no jersey number restrictions for offensive players, allowing any of the eleven offensive players to be eligible receivers depending on how they line up at scrimmage

Geez... looking at those team names, it's like 1984 all over again with the USFL...

:yay:

Maybe this is just an American thing but why would anybody even bother trying to start up an alternate gridiron competition when the NFL is so dominant?

It's an ingenious idea on paper. Another league in the Spring wouldn't be competing with the NFL. That's organizational suicide. Instead, they'd be piggy-backing off of it's success. People in the United States love football more than anything else on television. That is undisputed. Now, continue that into Spring and early Summer so that viewers virtually have football year round? $$$$$$

Maybe this is just an American thing but why would anybody even bother trying to start up an alternate gridiron competition when the NFL is so dominant?

Because it's a long off season. Honestly I don't see it working ever unless it's an NFL sponsored league.

With the NFL being the pinnacle of the sport I just don't see the point, it would be like launching a rival Premier League for soccer in the UK. Wouldn't a sport like Rugby be a better alternative to launch in the football off season? It satisfies the hunger and doesn't over saturate the market. There's a growing rugby fan base in the US, that seems a better option. The one thing I've know is that every new gridiron league seems to fall over within a couple of years.

There was the USFL in the 80's that was successful until some owners (Donald Trump) pushed to have it compete in the fall with the NFL.

Yeah, Donald Trump messed that all up.

Big news out.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/foot...w-football-league-plans-game-in-tampa/2164662

1. Tickets for the first game will only be $30 each. And the A11FL is paying about $150K to play at Raymond James Stadium.
  2. They (A11FL) expect 30,000 to attend first game.
  3. Team rosters will be between 40-42 players and they will earn it seems like $75K to $100K per season, with a 50% bonus for a win.
  4. Will have NFL and major college pedigrees.
  5. A11FL says team payrolls will be about $4M

Ok...they have more money than the UFL did. And a national tv cable network helping them out.

The A11FL will be a single entity with central ownership initially. But Keller said it has talked with multiple groups about a 49 percent stake in a Tampa franchise — "wealthy, interested sports individuals" — though he cautioned such an investment would be in the "eight-figure range."

I learned just now that this means at least $10M. Good god...asking price. I would had said mid 7 figure. Like in the 5-7M range. But hey....ESPN2 is airing these 2 showcase games this spring and the entire debut season in Spring 2015, with a option for 2016.

These news reports don't understand the A11 offense. All players could POTENTIALLY be eligible for a pass, but 5 still have to line up as linemen. You just don't know who before the play.

I'm really hoping this takes off. I would love spring football to be a thing.

Well I guess the new USFL is officially not happening. The A11 is actually the one bringing back old USFL names.

New Jersey Generals
LA Express
Tampa Bay Bandits
Michigan Panthers

http://a11fl.com/

I think the whole thing blew up.

They posted something on March 28th:
"Dear Fans,

A little less than 60 days after the A11FL’s National announcement, an opportunity has presented itself that will secure the formation of the league for years to come.

So, like all good coaches in the heat of battle, the A11FL is taking a time-out to adjust the game plan and take our team to victory.

Updates are forthcoming, but for now all our efforts are being concentrated on the opportunity before us.

Stay tuned."

I'm kind of guessing they partnered with another league, or ESPN might be reworking the contract with them, possibly paying the league for broadcast rights or something.
I don't think things blew up, but I don't know if we will see those showcase games this spring like they said.

Well they've gone completely silent. You can't even post on the Facebook page anymore.

If they are changing a few things, I hope the crappy name is one of them.

Well they've gone completely silent. You can't even post on the Facebook page anymore.

If they are changing a few things, I hope the crappy name is one of them.

Haha yeah man. Not a fan of the name either.

They posted something on...yesterday.

''
Dear #A11FL Fans, Things are coming together just as we said in our announcement. No need to read between the lines. Big news ahead.''

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"