Tony Leung IS The Mandarin

That’s pretty cool. I like your ideas WBwins
Thanks Man.:yay:

There's a chance we may see Mandarin's Avatar Team as well in this.

Wondering If we may see the actual Makluan rings in this, or they dont exist.Someone pointed out they may be the Movie's great Mac-guffin.

Personally I hope we dont get Makluan rings. I think Extremis is a sufficient powerup for the Mandarin.The Rings remind me too much of Infinity stones.

I just realized....If Mandarin is the villain in ShangChi 1, We may get Fin Fang Foom in ShangChi 2:wow:.Dragons come

TDW and TIH are at least serviceable. I thought I might like IM3 more than IM2, but no. Absolute trash and deserves every profanity it gets.

Then how is my idea for the real Mandarin to kill off Trevor Slattery overkill? :argh: :p

It's sad that Tony Stark never got to go up against the real leader of the group that held him in captivity in 2008. It's something that he never was able to resolve.

I wouldn't mind RDJ making a cameo for a flashback to tie the Mandarin in with his character.

I wonder if we'll see any reference to All Hail the King and Trevor Slattery and how the real Mandarin is not happy.

Seeing Trevor again would be fun. Actually I wonder if Tony Leung can redeliver that “you’ll never...see..it coming” line again. That was a cool line. Great way to show the evolution of mandarin

Probably revenge against Tony Stark.

Or something to do with a dragon.

To be honest I’m a bit tony starked out. It’s meant to be a brave new era after all. They can’t keep referring to old players all the time

Tony Leung is a big name in Asia...he is big also in Japan.
in Japan, he is famously known as General Sou-yu from movie Red Cliffs (based on the Chinese's Three Kingdom tale). and also from The Grandmaster.

So excited to have him in MCU. As The Real Mandarin, nonetheless...
I am also one of few people who does not like Mandarin take in Iron Man 3, so glad Marvel Studios finally giving the Real Mandarin. (I laugh when hear Feige said that the Mandarin in IM3 is an imposter, haha)

But shame he didnt have a chance to meet with RDJ Iron Man.

So can somebody help me out here is this guy playing The Mandarin that should have been in Iron Man?

If so how the hell is he gonna take him on? If I remember right I was puzzled how Tony was even gonna be able to stand up against him in IM3 let alone Shang-Chi who is meant to more street level if im not mistaken?

Was hoping for Andy Lau but Tony Leung is even better.

The More I think about it,The More I think the Mandarin will have to be depowered for the movie.

My suggestions to depowering him is as follows

1.Instead of Mandarin having all 10 MakluanMaklua,have him and him and his Avatars use 1 ring each.

2.There could be no Makluan rings at all,and the Mandarin is just an Immortal using an Advanced version of Extremis.

I like the 2nd one better as it fits with the Iron man movies Better

The More I think about it,The More I think the Mandarin will have to be depowered for the movie.

My suggestions to depowering him is as follows

1.Instead of Mandarin having all 10 MakluanMaklua,have him and him and his Avatars use 1 ring each.

2.There could be no Makluan rings at all,and the Mandarin is just an Immortal using an Advanced version of Extremis.

I like the 2nd one better as it fits with the Iron man movies Better
I think they should just downgrade the rings power levels and have him only have access to each of the rings power for a short period of time because it takes a lot out of him to use them.

Also maybe Shang Chi manages to neutralise the rings at the end, which forces the Mandarin to have to fight him in physical combat. But Mandarin can boast that he doesn't even need his rings to beat Shang Chi, because he's still more than a match for him. And he should be. I want him to be really difficult to beat even without the rings, just like many of these villains in these classic martial arts films.

Maybe Mandarin even beats Shang Chi halfway through the film without even using his rings, and Shang Chi has to learn a new style to try to beat him, similar to films like Drunken Master.

Mandarin will certainly have marital arts fight with Shang Chi at some point int he film. You don't hire the star of the Grandmaster and not have him fight your martial arts superhero.

I can see Mandarin having his honor code from the comics. The Mandarin will be a terrorist but one that thinks he is a noble warrior with his own warped code of honor.

Mandarin will certainly have marital arts fight with Shang Chi at some point int he film. You don't hire the star of the Grandmaster and not have him fight your martial arts superhero.

I can see Mandarin having his honor code from the comics. The Mandarin will be a terrorist but one that thinks he is a noble warrior with his own warped code of honor.
I’d be quite happy with them going that route.

Just rewatched All Hail the King. Can't wait to see what they did with the Mandarin after setting up to be a legendary warlord.

And him being Shang-Chi's dad to replace Fu Manchu is a good idea for the MCU version.

Personally I hope we dont get Makluan rings. I think Extremis is a sufficient powerup for the Mandarin.The Rings remind me too much of Infinity stones.

I don't think he even needs Extremis. Just use his chi-powers. No Extremis, no rings, just his ability to channel chi into superhuman physical stats.

Mandarin should have his rings. I hate it when they skimp on the gimmicks or water down characters.

Did you hate Loki? Because they toned him down a lot into pretty much a D&D Trickster-Rogue.

He's still recognisably Loki. Even if he weren't, I don't subscribe to the idea that because they've got something else wrong that every future mistake or missed opportunity is suddenly ideal.

With All Hail the King suggesting Mandarin has been around since the Middle Ages, how do you think they'll explain it? Mystic means? Maybe he'll be an Eternal? Would be an interesting way to tie things together.

With All Hail the King suggesting Mandarin has been around since the Middle Ages, how do you think they'll explain it? Mystic means? Maybe he'll be an Eternal? Would be an interesting way to tie things together.

Well in the comics, sometimes after the Mandarin was defeated or even killed, all that were left were the rings. And then someone else would discover them and put them on, and the Mandarin would take over that person and be reborn. It seems a bit like how Apocalypse did it in X-Men: Apocalypse.

He's still recognisably Loki. Even if he weren't, I don't subscribe to the idea that because they've got something else wrong that every future mistake or missed opportunity is suddenly ideal.

He's still recognizably Loki because he is still a trickster. They removed any power that would move him from scheming trickster to cosmic reality warper. Instead his few powers compliment him being scheming trickster without rendering his scheming and tricks superfluous.

The Mandarin is devious, savage, and exploitative. He doesn't need cosmic reality warping abilities to be savage, devious, and exploitative. The ability to chi-amp his body, genius intelligence, and a large organization of looters and conquerors ruling over slaves suffices for this.

If they do give him rings, it would be best to keep them fairly weak, essentially next-level versions of ninja smoke bombs and bolas tossed at the ankles and dirt tossed in the eyes. That's mostly how they were written in the Silver Ages, and keeping them at Silver Age levels works best for a character who is mostly about personal martial arts abilities, and brilliant organizational scheming.

For example, here is a typical Silver Age scene. The Mandarin creates a bunch of illusions of himself with his mind ring, and uses it to compliment his martial arts abilities. The scene obviously doesn't work if you amp the rings to the level where blending them with martial arts is superfluous.
Movie-Loki-Movie-Aldrich-Killiancombinationscene.jpg

He's still recognizably Loki because he is still a trickster. They removed any power that would move him from scheming trickster to cosmic reality warper. Instead his few powers compliment him being scheming trickster without rendering his scheming and tricks superfluous.

The Mandarin is devious, savage, and exploitative. He doesn't need cosmic reality warping abilities to be savage, devious, and exploitative. The ability to chi-amp his body, genius intelligence, and a large organization of looters and conquerors ruling over slaves suffices for this.

If they do give him rings, it would be best to keep them fairly weak, essentially next-level versions of ninja smoke bombs and bolas tossed at the ankles and dirt tossed in the eyes. That's mostly how they were written in the Silver Ages, and keeping them at Silver Age levels works best for a character who is mostly about personal martial arts abilities, and brilliant organizational scheming.

For example, here is a typical Silver Age scene. The Mandarin creates a bunch of illusions of himself with his mind ring, and uses it to compliment his martial arts abilities. The scene obviously doesn't work if you amp the rings to the level where blending them with martial arts is superfluous.
Movie-Loki-Movie-Aldrich-Killiancombinationscene.jpg
Very, Very good points. Very clever.

So just make the rings, nifty rings instead of full blown out powers.

That allows his Martial arts to take Center stage

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"