Tony Leung IS The Mandarin

MbJ

Avenger
Reaction score
Confirmed at Comic-Con.

D_9dyU6U4AEFh2g

Last edited:
Cannot wait. He is amazing. I wonder what the mandarin’s mission is?

I hope he actually calls out why he let Killian use his name.
From what was said and done in IM3, Killian found the history of the Mandarin name/title and used it for his own devices to cover up the problems of the Extremis program. He didn't exactly have authorization to use it, which is why the Ten Rings came after Slattery in All Hail the King.

Cannot wait. He is amazing. I wonder what the mandarin’s mission is?
Conquer China and return it to a Feudalistic state.

The Title "The Legend of the 10 rings"leads me to suspect the 10 rings have been around for centuries.I think the Mandarin is immortal in this

Yeah not sure. I wonder if we’ll see mystical mandarin or tech mandarin?

Yeah not sure. I wonder if we’ll see mystical mandarin or tech mandarin?
I thinkt tech based as the 10 rings we've seen so far in MCU.

There can be a scientific reason for Mandarin being immortal.

It's sad that Tony Stark never got to go up against the real leader of the group that held him in captivity in 2008. It's something that he never was able to resolve.

I wouldn't mind RDJ making a cameo for a flashback to tie the Mandarin in with his character.

I wonder if we'll see any reference to All Hail the King and Trevor Slattery and how the real Mandarin is not happy.

I don't think they can get around not referencing Trevor Slattery.

But yes, super excited about this. I was more lukewarm initially, mainly just excited to watch Marvel's first kung-fu/martial arts movie, but throwing the Mandarin in is a great move I didn't even consider.

Did he die at the end of Iron Man 3? If not, I'd like the real Mandarin to kill him off quickly. But wouldn't mind if Mandarin also does the same to Slattery in a quick throwaway scene.

Did he die at the end of Iron Man 3? If not, I'd like the real Mandarin to kill him off quickly. But wouldn't mind if Mandarin also does the same to Slattery in a quick throwaway scene.
:funny: Talk about overkill.

:funny: Talk about overkill.

He did want to meet Slattery at the end of All Hail the King and had him broken out of prison. He might want to kill him off after seeing what he's all about. Maybe a freeze ray or heat ray from his rings?

I wonder if we'll also see Scoot McNairy in the same role from that Marvel short.

Ha. I practically called this. Not the actor, obviously, but the villain.

They reference the Ten Rings, so I wonder how much we'll see of them or if it's just the terrorist organisation?

What are the chances of seeing cameos from Rhodey or Pepper since there has to be Iron-man connections? Maybe they'll bring Jeff Bridges or Sam Rockwell back for cameos to explain their connection to the Ten Rings.

My preference is very much "I didn't have a choice in the matter, Killian could have kicked my ass. But now that he's safely dead. . ."

*ahem*

I hated what they did with the Mandarin in IM3 which a ******** passion. POS movie. Iron Man 3 is my worst MCU movie. The absolute bottom of the pile, for me. I hate that movie more than I hate TTDW and TIH.
Hopefully, the character of Mandarin is done justice in this movie.

I hated what they did with the Mandarin in IM3 which a ******** passion. POS movie. Iron Man 3 is my worst MCU movie. The absolute bottom of the pile, for me. I hate that movie more than I hate TTDW and TIH.
TDW and TIH are at least serviceable. I thought I might like IM3 more than IM2, but no. Absolute trash and deserves every profanity it gets.

It’s like Phase 4 is geared towards satisfying the fans fully. The real Mandarin, the purple hooded Zemo, female Thor, Blade, Doctor Strange doing some werid multiverse stuff, and Scarlett Witch actually being Scarlett Witch.

TDW and TIH are at least serviceable. I thought I might like IM3 more than IM2, but no. Absolute trash and deserves every profanity it gets.

Absolute trash is right. Shang Chi would be very hard-pressed indeed to do Mandarin worse.
The only thing I liked in that 2-hour movie was the air rescue. An amazing sequence in a garbage movie.

I didn't dislike the twist in Iron Man 3. I just hate that Killian of all people had to be the mastermind because he wasn't as intimidating as the fake Mandarin Ben Kingsley played. For years, I thought Hail To The King would just be forgotten and they'd sweep the Ten Rings storyline under the rug and never mention it again.

So glad that's not the case. Very hyped to see the real Mandarin in this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"