The Last Knight Transformers:The Last Knight Official Thread

Seems like they just brainstormed some "cool" ideas, rather than putting together some actual script.

But that doesn't make any sense. Like how long they were working on it? Over an afternoon?

Last edited:
Also, Cade being the Last Knight was revealed in the IMAX Sneak Peek. What is the significance of the Athurian Legend and Transformer scenes? Why are those even a part of the story?

Whenever a franchise runs out of ideas, they either pull King Arthur, Robin Hood or Dracula out of their ass.

Whenever a franchise runs out of ideas, they either pull King Arthur, Robin Hood or Dracula out of their ass.

Or an ancient Illuminati type society. That's always good for explaning a plot hole.

hopefully they see the diminishing returns and decide to reboot and let the actual transformers take part in the movies next go around

Let Bay do GI Joe that is so perfect for him

The only way I'll be happy is if they do that inevitable crossover with GI Joe. IT has to happen.

To be fair this has been done in other incarnations of Transformers,
namely Transformers Prime. My problem with it is that it sort of limits the character, because obviously they're not going to destroy the entire Earth so Unicron can escape, meaning he has to stay more-or-less confined. Hopefully they haven't backed themselves into a corner with the villain everyone's been hyped for.

Yeah, it more or less guarantees that
Unicron will be a McGuffin and not a real character, even if it is from Transformers Prime. And let's not give Bay too much credit for that one... for all we know, the idea came about like this:

Michael Bay: DURR EUNUCH-RON IS A PLANET RIGHT? MAYBE HE COULD BE EARTH BECAUSE EARTH IS A PLANET, ISN'T IT?

Screenwriter: Yes, Michael. Earth is a planet. And now that I think about it, I believe that Unicron actually was planet Earth in a Transformers cartoon that ran a few years back.

Michael Bay: YEAH! SEE? I'M A GENIUS! PLUS, SINCE IT APPEARED IN A CARTOON, THIS SHOULD SHUT UP ALL THE STUPID FANS WHO DO NOTHING BUT B***H ABOUT MY MASTERPIECES. NOW COME ON, LET'S GO BLOW SOME SH** UP.

But you know, this development really could set us up for a film that TRULY tests the limits of pure stupidity. I mean, I thought this franchise had hit bottom long ago, but since this film has Transformers fighting alongside King Arthur and the allies in WWII, I suppose we are still exploring new depths. I think I already know the tagline for Transformers 6: THE ONLY WAY TO SAVE THE WORLD... IS TO DESTROY IT.

Yeah, it more or less guarantees that
Unicron will be a McGuffin and not a real character, even if it is from Transformers Prime. And let's not give Bay too much credit for that one... for all we know, the idea came about like this:

Michael Bay: DURR EUNUCH-RON IS A PLANET RIGHT? MAYBE HE COULD BE EARTH BECAUSE EARTH IS A PLANET, ISN'T IT?

Screenwriter: Yes, Michael. Earth is a planet. And now that I think about it, I believe that Unicron actually was planet Earth in a Transformers cartoon that ran a few years back.

Michael Bay: YEAH! SEE? I'M A GENIUS! PLUS, SINCE IT APPEARED IN A CARTOON, THIS SHOULD SHUT UP ALL THE STUPID FANS WHO DO NOTHING BUT B***H ABOUT MY MASTERPIECES. NOW COME ON, LET'S GO BLOW SOME SH** UP.

But you know, this development really could set us up for a film that TRULY tests the limits of pure stupidity. I mean, I thought this franchise had hit bottom long ago, but since this film has Transformers fighting alongside King Arthur and the allies in WWII, I suppose we are still exploring new depths. I think I already know the tagline for Transformers 6: THE ONLY WAY TO SAVE THE WORLD... IS TO DESTROY IT.

^This.

At this point, I expect anything from this franchise. Earth turning into a robot, then blowing up, then re-shaping into Yager the Living Planet.

They should actually cross-over this with the F&F franchise and make Dominic Torreto ride a Dinobot while shooting Decepticons....on Cybertron. And him being the Lastest Last Knight. Hell Roman's real name can be revealed as Sergeant Epps.

Watch this thing hit $10 billion WW... on opening weekend :D

Last edited:
^This.

At this point, I expect anything from this franchise. Earth turning into a robot, then blowing up, then re-shaping into Yager the Living Planet.

OMG. Now I need to see an Ego-style living planet with Wahlberg's face.

The only way I'll be happy is if they do that inevitable crossover with GI Joe. IT has to happen.

I wish someone would do a good GI: Joe film. Just get the showrunner from Strike Back and cast Philip Winchester as Duke.

Wow, after reading more spoilers and the general storyline this sounds worse than I thought.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/the-last-knight-full-rundown-super-spoilers.1112177/

Half the movie (at least all the cool stuff) sounds like it was shown in the trailers (which I suspected), and there are just as many plotholes and unexplained elements as the other sequels.

During production I actually thought that this one might be the one that turns the tide. I thought some of the decisions were smart, but it sounds like the end result is just another incoherent mess. I hope we can at least get some decent TF spinoff films under different direction. Even though Bay insists he's leaving this time, I have no doubt he's come back as the director of the 6th film.

Edit: I've never been overly fond of Bay's work, but it sounds like even a lot of Bay's fan are disappointed in this one, which is not a good sign. The RaginNation (who is a prominent Transformers Youtuber and major fan of Bay's series) said he walked out disappointed.

Last edited:
Well, there's the Bumblebee spin-off set in the 80's to be directed by the guy who made Kubo and the Two Strings.

Make of that what you will.

In other news, Daniel Day Lewis has retired from acting. So I guess we can all put to bed those hopes that he would play Unicron someday.

I know it's probably coming later but they honestly could have just made this about the Quintessions and Unicron awakening. That's your movie. No need for all this extra ********.

yes.

Not sure if serious, but if true, that is [BLACKOUT]awesome[/BLACKOUT] :hehe:

From what I've heard it's the truth.

I'm pretty sure this is going to end up in the single digits on RT.

Transformers 4 is the worst theater experience I've ever had, and early buzz makes it sound like this is somehow worse.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure this is going to end up in the single digits on RT.

Transformers 4 is the worst theater experience I've ever had in a movie, and early buzz makes it sound like this is somehow worse.

Transformers 6 will get a score in the negatives, lol.

I was gonna go see it tonight at the 8pm showing but.....it's drizzling out, and I'd have to walk all the way to the car.....

I'll be honest, even as someone who has enjoyed the previous 5, this sounds awful. I usually just come to these movies for some fun and robot vs robot action, but the former and certainly the latter sound really lacking.

They really hyped up that BB vs Optimus fight, but now it sounds like we have seen most of it. I must say there have been far too many trailers and spots for this as well, like they are over compensating for something. Shame, but I think it's time Bay moves on and we get some fresh blood.

I am interested in how Stuckmann will tear it apart. I smell a Hilariocity review.
Him and Jeremy Jahns tore this film a new one lool I used JJ because he keeps uploading the same time as stuckmann :cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"