The Last Knight Transformers:The Last Knight Official Thread

Stuckmann has posted his review.

[Yt]fdZwbXkba0Y[/MEDIA]

Man, a C-?

Was expecting him to completely tear it apart. That intro was funny though. :funny:

Earth is Unicron? LOLZ

Not exactly a new idea.

http://transformersprime.wikia.com/wiki/Unicron
During the battle between Unicron and his brother at the beginning of time, Unicron was cast out by Primus and the Thirteen and over time matter formed around his body and he became the planet Earth itself, which he became the creator of human kind. In his time of absence, Unicron would be the source of myth, legend and fear across all of Cybertron and the universe.

Oh man. Just watched the reviews by Campea, Jahns and Stuckmann. This movie sounds even worse than I imagined. That's saying a lot.

This movie was just awful. All the plots of these are the same: historic event X was caused by Transformers, and they left Mucguffin that can recreate Cybertron/kill humans so they can make Cybertron again. Then they chase the artifact all movie, and Prime shouts "I'll kill you!!!" Like a psycho. Nothing changes and this is stale by this point.

Good thing my GF works at the theater and this was free.

Last edited:
This movie was just awful. All the plots of these are the same: historic event X was caused by Transformers, and they left Mucguffin that can recreate Cybertron/kill humans so they can make Cybertron again. Then they chase the artifact all movie, and Prime shouts "I'll kill you!!!" Like a psycho. Nothing changes and this is stale by this point.

Good thing my GF works at the theater and this was free.

Oh my god....you're a Mod....how can you get away with those spoilers? You've ruined the movie for me and now I'm not going to go see it.

Wasn't "I'll Kill You!!!" the line from Age of SuckStinkShun that had everyone in awe? I'm soooooooooo glad they pulled that one out again. I'll never get over the emotional impact it had on me. When first I heard it, my popcorn almost ended up on the floor....along with my soda.....and ice cream....and the tacos I ate before going to the movie.

Waste of a good nap whether it was free or not I'm sure....

Whenever a franchise runs out of ideas, they either pull King Arthur, Robin Hood or Dracula out of their ass.

That would probably be a more interesting visual.

Cut me some slack....I'm having some fun here....

As someone who actually enjoys the series much more then most, I thought this was just as bad if not worse then ROTF. It's a mess of a story that somehow takes a simple plot and makes it convoluted AF. The humans far overtake the bots on screen time, the humor is terrible, scenes drag on and on, Optimus is gone almost the entire film etc. But a new level of bad here is the aspect ratio changing from being shot in IMAX. This happens an insane amount of times shot after shot and it looks completely un professional. I have no idea how or why that can even be allowed.

The best thing about AOE imo was that it gave way more time to the bots, that is pretty much gone here. We are given so much pointless exposition about the most simplest things with the human cast that it just gets infuriating. Right when you think you'll get some cool autobot or decepticon stuff it just cuts right too a human character. There are human characters who don't even interact with the main cast yet somehow still deserve more screen time and dialogue then the robots.

There was also no awesome showcase or set piece scene unlike the other films, even ROTF had that awesome bot battle in the Forrest. Bot wise Bee had a few good moments and I thought Hot Rod was actually pretty cool given the changes and little time he had. But man it's difficult finding moments here. All the bots are just wasted. The majority of Deceptions in this are literally a joke, pretty much just evil versions of the Twins.

If I'd have to rate them I'd go

Transformers
Age Of Extinction
Dark Of The Moon

Revenge Of the Fallen
Last Knight

I'll give the edge to Fallen for the Forrest Scene. But even as a fan of this series for the action, Cars, score, sfx and vfx I thought this was easily on the low end of the series.

Last edited:
I expected worse reaction from Stuckmann :D

People are already expecting Mark Kermode to do another one of his Kermodian rants.

17% on Rotten Tomatoes.
It will give the Mummy (15%) a run for it's money. :woot:

:cmad::cmad:
Unfortunately the movie has bad reviews. The storyline seems good

Optimus have to destroy earth because this is actually Unicron waking up

Dinobots kill a lot of foes (TRF, decepticons) awesome !!!

But always no Grimlock vs Megatron ??? Megatron runs away again :hmr:

Even Tyrone Magnus didn't like this.

Will probably bootleg this now just for the heck of it. :funny:

People wouldn't be screaming to the high heavens about how much they hate these movies if Bay wasn't director. That seems to be the big area a lot of their problems stem from. If it were someone like Zemekis or Favreau directing, they wouldn't be as upset.

Let's be honest: Bay KNOWS this is a franchise that has NEVER taken itself seriously in the past. He still did his research, but even so, ALL he's ever tried to make out of these movies is just mindless fun popcorn entertainment nothing more. Transformers isn't like Marvel or DC where there's lots of history and great stories so you HAVE to do a serious adaptation right. This is a franchise that's almost NEVER had a constant continuity like that. The one time they DID try recently to do that it got screwed with (despite that continuity being really good, btw). Yes, it has lore (ex. Unicorn and Primus, Optimus and Megatron's backstories, etc), but the lore was always an excuse to promote the toys even back in the 80's. All the fans complaints, for the most part, come off to me as "Stop playing with my toys incorrectly!"

Look, I'm almost NEVER this defensive of a hated series like this, you all should know this. But I will defend these movies MORE that I would the Star Wars prequels! Not all of this has been good, I agree; Revenge of the Fallen to me is STILL the worse this series has sunk. I absolutely don't get why everyone hated Age of Extinction. That one really felt to me like Bay was TRYING to make something good out of this series! Hell, I even felt the plotline of humanity scapegoating the Autobots for all the crap the Decepticon's wrong-doings and sending them on the run was a great idea and something previous incarnations of this franchise has never done before! It just comes off to me that people hated b/c "It's too loooong" (*annoyed grunt* Lord of the Rings was 3 hours each per film *annoyed grunt*) and "WAAAA THE DINOBOTS ARE BARELY IN THE MOVIE GRIMLOCK DOESN'T TALK WAAAAA". As for Cade Yager, I'll take him as a main character over Sam "Sir Screams-A-Lot" *****wicky. At least Cade had the excuse that he saved Optimus Prime's life and thus had good reason to aide the Autobots! He came off like a decent character to me!

Lastly, if there's ANYTHING we all can agree Bay did right from the very beginning, it's this: he got Peter Cullen back. Bay could've easily casted someone like Liam Neeson to voice Prime but the fact he went out of his way to get Cullen to return after 20 years of absence from the roll was probably the best thing us fans could get out of this. And since then, he's continued voicing him full time for the other shows and games! If it weren't for Bay, that might not've happened.

Overall, I'm still planning to see this movie Friday, but I'm going in with a mindset that I've had with these movies: I just wanna have a fun time. I wanna go in with my friends, sit down, and enjoy some good, mindless entertainment. No more no less. Peace out!

*drops mic*

Last edited:
P.S. Anthony Hopkins calls Mark Whalburg "Dude". That is the greatest thing I've ever heard since THIS:

[YT]g_cBPc6VSaI[/YT]

As someone who actually enjoys the series much more then most, I thought this was just as bad if not worse then ROTF. It's a mess of a story that somehow takes a simple plot and makes it convoluted AF. The humans far overtake the bots on screen time, the humor is terrible, scenes drag on and on, Optimus is gone almost the entire film etc. But a new level of bad here is the aspect ratio changing from being shot in IMAX. This happens an insane amount of times shot after shot and it looks completely un professional. I have no idea how or why that can even be allowed.

The best thing about AOE imo was that it gave way more time to the bots, that is pretty much gone here. We are given so much pointless exposition about the most simplest things with the human cast that it just gets infuriating. Right when you think you'll get some cool autobot or decepticon stuff it just cuts right too a human character. There are human characters who don't even interact with the main cast yet somehow still deserve more screen time and dialogue then the robots.

There was also no awesome showcase or set piece scene unlike the other films, even ROTF had that awesome bot battle in the Forrest. Bot wise Bee had a few good moments and I thought Hot Rod was actually pretty cool given the changes and little time he had. But man it's difficult finding moments here. All the bots are just wasted. The majority of Deceptions in this are literally a joke, pretty much just evil versions of the Twins.

If I'd have to rate them I'd go

Transformers
Age Of Extinction
Dark Of The Moon

Revenge Of the Fallen
Last Knight

I'll give the edge to Fallen for the Forrest Scene. But even as a fan of this series for the action, Cars, score, sfx and vfx I thought this was easily on the low end of the series.
I was going to see this... But this turned me off. I'll still see it but now Jesus.

ROTF us one of the worst blockbusters ever imo. And your ranking is identical to mine.

Might buy a ticket for another movie, sneak into this. Then if I end up liking it buy an actual ticket

we never got to see Starscream undermine Megatron in this series which is criminal

No respect for the decepticons with the lone exception the way they set up Megatron in the first

Megatron's design in this movie is the best of the series shame it's wasted again on nonsense

People wouldn't be screaming to the high heavens about how much they hate these movies if Bay wasn't director. That seems to be the big area a lot of their problems stem from. If it were someone like Zemekis or Favreau directing, they wouldn't be as upset.

Let's be honest: Bay KNOWS this is a franchise that has NEVER taken itself seriously in the past. He still did his research, but even so, ALL he's ever tried to make out of these movies is just mindless fun popcorn entertainment nothing more. Transformers isn't like Marvel or DC where there's lots of history and great stories so you HAVE to do a serious adaptation right. This is a franchise that's almost NEVER had a constant continuity like that. The one time they DID try recently to do that it got screwed with (despite that continuity being really good, btw). Yes, it has lore (ex. Unicorn and Primus, Optimus and Megatron's backstories, etc), but the lore was always an excuse to promote the toys even back in the 80's. All the fans complaints, for the most part, come off to me as "Stop playing with my toys incorrectly!"

Look, I'm almost NEVER this defensive of a hated series like this, you all should know this. But I will defend these movies MORE that I would the Star Wars prequels! Not all of this has been good, I agree; Revenge of the Fallen to me is STILL the worse this series has sunk. I absolutely don't get why everyone hated Age of Extinction. That one really felt to me like Bay was TRYING to make something good out of this series! Hell, I even felt the plotline of humanity scapegoating the Autobots for all the crap the Decepticon's wrong-doings and sending them on the run was a great idea and something previous incarnations of this franchise has never done before! It just comes off to me that people hated b/c "It's too loooong" (*annoyed grunt* Lord of the Rings was 3 hours each per film *annoyed grunt*) and "WAAAA THE DINOBOTS ARE BARELY IN THE MOVIE GRIMLOCK DOESN'T TALK WAAAAA". As for Cade Yager, I'll take him as a main character over Sam "Sir Screams-A-Lot" *****wicky. At least Cade had the excuse that he saved Optimus Prime's life and thus had good reason to aide the Autobots! He came off like a decent character to me!

Lastly, if there's ANYTHING we all can agree Bay did right from the very beginning, it's this: he got Peter Cullen back. Bay could've easily casted someone like Liam Neeson to voice Prime but the fact he went out of his way to get Cullen to return after 20 years of absence from the roll was probably the best thing us fans could get out of this. And since then, he's continued voicing him full time for the other shows and games! If it weren't for Bay, that might not've happened.

Overall, I'm still planning to see this movie Friday, but I'm going in with a mindset that I've had with these movies: I just wanna have a fun time. I wanna go in with my friends, sit down, and enjoy some good, mindless entertainment. No more no less. Peace out!

*drops mic*

No, I am complaining because this movie and this series have absolutely no originailty and the keep making the same movie over and over and over again. Do something ELSE please!

Last edited:
:cmad:
So Optimus isnt evil mode anymore while fighting Megatron,
but still have purple eyes

Part of me wishes they would stop making these movies but I have to admit, I'm having a blast watching and reading all of these reviews.

They ain't gonna stop making these movies with all the dough they make.

Transformers needs some fresh blood (and we're sorta getting that with the Bumblebee spin-off even though I'm not terribly interested in it), and I hope to god this is really Bay's last one.

Some footage had already started popping up on YouTube from people who taped the movie in their phones. I won't link to it, but thankfully most of the good parts seem to be there, so it'll save me 7 dollars and 2 and 1/2 hours.

I must confess what I see doesn't strike me as too terrible.

I actually like the Prime vs Bumblebee fight and Bee's voice reveal. People are claiming this is another "Martha" moment, but I don't see that at all. The Martha scene was forced and embarrassing, this has at least been setup for the past ten years.

Cade saving Optimus with Excalibur was pretty cool. It sort of gave me the same feeling I got when Rey pulled the lightsaber past Kylo.

Bee's "sting like a Bee" line is corny fun.

I love the credits scene, I'd say it's easily on-par with Marvel's...and I don't often compare Transformers to Marvel, lol.

I'm not sure it would be worth it to sit through almost three hours to get to these cool parts. And there's still no excuse for it having such bad writing.

Let's be honest: Bay KNOWS this is a franchise that has NEVER taken itself seriously in the past. He still did his research, but even so, ALL he's ever tried to make out of these movies is just mindless fun popcorn entertainment nothing more. Transformers isn't like Marvel or DC where there's lots of history and great stories so you HAVE to do a serious adaptation right.

Most of Marvel's films are nothing more than entertainment. You can make popcorn entertainment all the ways you want, but there's still a standard of quality that should be expected. Most highest grossing films are aiming to be entertainment first and foremost. This summer happens to have had some that have failed at being good films, like Mummy, Pirates of the Caribbean 5 and now Transformers 5.

I don't think anyone was expecting The Avengers to be a high work of art, just to entertain. And it did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"