TV-series and webseries before HBIII?

Rac

Deadite
Reaction score
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117991560.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

Variety said:
Meanwhile, del Toro is awaiting word on whether U will embrace a follow-up to "Hellboy 2: The Golden Army." The big-budget film opened in the heat of summer and fell short of blockbuster status in the U.S. but has performed well overseas.

"I think they’ll decide when the last euro hits the piggybank," del Toro said. "We laid the groundwork to have a magnificent third act. I’d like to return to an action franchise with 60-year-old actor Ron Perlman, because he’ll be scratching at that age when I get to it."

Langley said the studio is interested and may work with del Toro to add a TV series and online segments to broaden the following before making the series finale.

Well I'm okay with this as long as del Toro directs, but how he could when he's doing The Hobbit movies? Eh, we'll see.

I thought about this more and saw a horror image of what the show would be: Harry and the Hendersons meet Married with Children, because they don't have the budget to do the action. They'll just take the humor, and I don't want that.

The webseries in the other hand. That could work. IF GDT directs it. I mean, it's kinda possible for him to do occasionally these short Hellboy tales in-between Hobbit. I mean Tim Burton did Corpse Bride and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory simultaneously. So you know, why not?

But in the end I just want the third movie. No ****in tv-series. (Unless it's animated. Then they can do whatever they wanna do. It's not movie canon.)

Last edited:
Yeah, i'm not too big on a TV series myself, I think the first two movies have raised more than enough awareness.

Animated series. Adult Swim.

Please.

^An animated series would be better IMO, a live action one just wouldnt be able to have much, well, action!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"