Ubisoft's Skull & Bones:PS4, Xbox One, & PC

I think it is wise to delay. No one needs another cyberpunk 2077 fiasco and to be honest, the original concept of pirates is cool but the way the game was originally set up would simply never work in a market that already had assassin’s creed black flag and sea of thieves

It is probably delayed because the game might not be even half finished yet, due to the game being started from the scratch years after the E3 reveal (2019 orast year?). So i don't think we are getting this next year.

This was badly handled from the start. If they scrapped the game after its E3 2017 reveal and redo everything, I wonder how bad the original game was. They could have been working on the sequel right now.

I don't think a game like this should take this
long especially for a company that used to release an Ac game every year.

They are probably scrapping whatever they have, and are trying to figure out if they should move forward with a new direction or throw it into davy jones' locker and be done with it.

With the AC Black Flag/Rogue blueprint, this game should have been a smooth sailing in production. I wonder if it has something to do with Ubisoft Singapore as the lead designer? I feel like this wouldn't happen if Ubisoft Montreal/Quebec or the lead studios behind the Ac games were in charge of this.

If the game has a "story" now and land eXploration then thats good. But Ubisoft hasn't really been good in storytelling imo. So the gameplay must have been **** for this to be rebooted again and again.

I think it all went wrong when they said you couldn’t leave the ship. Like really how far can you go with that?

I think it all went wrong when they said you couldn’t leave the ship. Like really how far can you go with that?
Yeah but they are reports that it has been rebooted multiple times. Meaning they have changed the game's direction at least trice.

Also the E3 gameplay, showed the player walking at the dock. Which confused me when reports claimed that they were only adding land eXploration in 2019 or 2020?

Just weird how a AC Black Flag rip off is taking so much time/restarts. This probably wouldn't even as eXpansive as that game unless they are now making it as long as AC Odyssey.

This looks awesome! Was that the kraken I saw at the end? I can't wait to play this. I wonder if you can customise the captain? It looks like it. Plus it's a good way to differentiate it from assassins creed black flag
I never saw the E3 2017 video with the Kraken until now. Looks eXciting if this included mythical beasts as I thought AC Odyssey could have used some when sailing.

Yeah but they are reports that it has been rebooted multiple times. Meaning they have changed the game's direction at least trice.

Also the E3 gameplay, showed the player walking at the dock. Which confused me when reports claimed that they were only adding land eXploration in 2019 or 2020?

Just weird how a AC Black Flag rip off is taking so much time/restarts. This probably wouldn't even as eXpansive as that game unless they are now making it as long as AC Odyssey.

yeah I reckon all the reboots are what has caused the delay which I think is fair because pretty much everyone had the same reaction when they found out it was just ships going at it basically. Something that’s a cross between sea of thieves and black flag would be wonderful

yeah I reckon all the reboots are what has caused the delay which I think is fair because pretty much everyone had the same reaction when they found out it was just ships going at it basically. Something that’s a cross between sea of thieves and black flag would be wonderful
I just hope they differentiate enough from black Flag. As I feel like critics would tear it apart if its very similar to Black Flag. I love AC Rogue and thats like one of the worst reviewed Ac games.

Aside from land eXploration, I also want underwater exploration to retrieve treasures or things that were sunk from destroyed ships. And I hope there's an actual protagonist. As the trailer suggests a create your own character. But really other than the things that were already featured in BF, I don't know what new things they could add that would really differentiate it from Black Flag. I guess mythical sea creatures would be one.

That would be cool, even different terrains, more storms and things like that would be really cool

I'm trying to be optimistic. I feel like this has potential if given to good hands but I'm in awe with the toXicity in the workplace of Ubisoft offices worldwide.

I am keen for a proper pirates game though especially if it’s available on all consoles. Hopefully they find a way to make it work

If it takes you eight years to reach *alpha*, than your project is utterly dysfunctional, and should have probably been long since cancelled.

If it takes you eight years to reach *alpha*, than your project is utterly dysfunctional, and should have probably been long since cancelled.
I believe this went Alpha back when they appeared in E3 2017, it looks done and they said they were releasing it in 2018. But then they restarted development for this more than once. So something must have gone wrong back in 2017 or 2018 for them to restart.

I think the concept is good... but a game inspired by Ac Black Flag shouldn't take this long. Ac Rogue didn't take forever in comparison.

The bit about Ubi being contractually obligated to complete this for Singapore, but no specific date when it must be completed by, makes me think this has become nothing more than a scam or a money laundering scheme or a rat hole that some executives are using.

Well... Sea of Thieves beat them to the punch. :hehe: By the time this gets released, SoT 2 would have launched already...

Skull and Bones launch details appear online

Another day, another Ubisoft release date leak. This time, it's details of Skull and Bones' long-awaited launch which have surfaced.

Details dug up from an Xbox store listing point to Skull and Bones having the usual array of pre-order bonuses, as well as premium items for an edition including a soundtrack and artbook.

A release date - 8th November 2022 - was also spied, thanks to regular store watcher Aggiornamenti Lumia, and subsequently verified by serial leaker Tom Henderson.

This will be this year's Cyberpunk 2077. :o

I’m still keen. Hopefully it’s not another cyberpunk. We certainly don’t need another of those experiences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"