Ultimate Comics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's some art for the upcoming Ultimate Thor #2:
Click here, Here aswell and last but not the least, Here!

PS. My guess is that Balder, Thor and Loki are fightning the warrior three to choose who gets the honor of wielding Mjolnir itself!

Also Ultimate Avengers 3 #3 preview here: Click Me!

I'm really digging the art on the Thor book. Yum! :D

I read that Ultimate Punisherr voted for Sarah Palin. I say it's another reason not to read the Ultimate comics.

So I've been out of the Ultimates game for a while. What's the difference between the Ultimates and Ultimate Avengers?

I read that Ultimate Punisherr voted for Sarah Palin. I say it's another reason not to read the Ultimate comics.

Clearly you need to stay away from comics when an comic character makes a joke. God forbid you reading mainstream Marvel when Punisher cracks a joke.

So I've been out of the Ultimates game for a while. What's the difference between the Ultimates and Ultimate Avengers?

Avengers is a Black Ops team written by Mark Millar. 2 trades are out so far, Next Generation introduces the new generaiton heroes ranging from Nerd Hulk, Red Wasp, War Machine, Monica Chang the Black Widow, Gregory Stark and so forth. Red Skull is the villain of the book. Crime & Punishment is about Nick Fury receiving an order from the white house itself on a top secret black ops mission where he is going to need Tyrone Cash (Ultimate Joe Fixit), Punisher and the rest of the Avengers. The main theme of Avengers is about Nick Fury becoming the director of SHIELD again pretty much, with Monica Chang, Gregory Stark, Hawkeye and War Machine being the regular supporting cast.

3rd Avengers title is ongoing right now, which is about Vampires trying to conquer the world thru turning super powered people into Vampires.

New Ultimates is Loeb doing a decent-Ultimates story, but hes still retconning things and whatnot whatnot. :|

Clearly you need to stay away from comics when an comic character makes a joke. God forbid you reading mainstream Marvel when Punisher cracks a joke.

Oh please. There's nothing funny in the way that comic was made. It was hollow and cheap.

Considering your post states you read what happened in the comic, not the actual comic, what value does your opinion carry? Simply ebcause someone found it cheap, doesn't mean you must agree solely to his' or her's opinion. It fitted the scene for a good laugh in my read thru.

"mrmarkmillar Mark Millar I'm writing the fourth volume of Ultimate Avengers and finally writing The Ultimates again. It's good to have you back on my screen, guys."

Millar back on Ultimates, wohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Considering your post states you read what happened in the comic, not the actual comic, what value does your opinion carry? Simply ebcause someone found it cheap, doesn't mean you must agree solely to his' or her's opinion. It fitted the scene for a good laugh in my read thru.

I didn't say you had to agree with it. And I did read that comic. The humor was cheap and hollow. It's about as funny as an episode of CSI: New York.

"mrmarkmillar Mark Millar I'm writing the fourth volume of Ultimate Avengers and finally writing The Ultimates again. It's good to have you back on my screen, guys."

Millar back on Ultimates, wohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL, Maybe now the book will come out on time. :p

Ultimate Avengers sounds pretty interesting, is it a book people generally like?

The current vampire arc is doing nothing for me. :( But I've liked everything else.

Ultimate Avengers sounds pretty interesting, is it a book people generally like?

The only issues they have is how decompressed the writing is. Ghost Rider is in the 2nd volume and he's weak towards Holy objects for example, but it's never explained why.

Each arc is it's own story but follows a greater plot which is Nick Fury's way of becoming the director of SHIELD again. It is generally liked, and you can get the 1st trade both soft and hardcover, and the 2nd trade on hardcover.

I'm under the impression people who like Ultimate Marvel like it and those who hate Ultimate Marvel hate it :oldrazz:

Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #151

2wgvz2w.jpg

Ultimate Comics Doom #1

i56dfs.jpg

I don't get that Doom panel. Are they saying Reed is a split personality? *confused* :(

Hell, Doom took over Reed's mind before in both 616 and Ultimate universes. TThis might not be that, but it isn't exactly the first time we've had Reed not being himself now is it

BAGLEY's back!! That is indeed good news. I may be reading into it a little much but it seems like Bagley's not happy with his work at DC. It wouldnt surprise me, his work on Justice League with Robinson hasnt exactly been regarded in the brightest light. I think Bagley's style is much more at home at Marvel anyway. No one draws Spidey like him. :yay:

Yeah, it wasn't the same when he left. I am happy to see him come back. :)

Yes bagley is back they better not kill peter.

Yes bagley is back they better not kill peter.

They're probably killing off the Spider-Man identity so that Peter can join the Ultimates with a new identity, like Scarlet Spider or something completely new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"