Ultimate Comics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they will kill of Peter Parker as a secret identity, like he will no longer be secret. (Or killing off Spider-Man meaning that Peter is Spider-Man, like Reed Richards is Mr. Fantastic or Captain America is Steve Rogers. So Peter can be walking around without his mask in public or something and he will be part of SHIELD or something).

It seems lame to KILL kill him off after Ultimatum "killed" him off. Redundant.

yeah Bendis isn't out here to kill off Peter Parker, he's just ever since Ultimatum making sure that Ultimate Marvel is fresh, but also more unique since Mainstream Marvel took alot of good things from Ultimate Marvel, so Bendis has been making changes ever since with new spins and so on.

Ultimate Cap #1 was pretty good. I normally dislike Ultimate Cap, but Aaron makes him easier to empathize with. The antagonist was telegraphed, yet the reveal brought up enough questions to make #2 a buy for me. And as always, Garney's bristly fierce art is awesome.

ADVANCE PREVIEW: "Ultimate Avengers Vs. New Ultimates"

2ilhp5e.jpg

Love how Thor just used his hammer as an immovable object. :) I wonder who else besides Punisher, Tyrone Cash, Monica Chang and War Machine will be on Avengers. Perhaps Blade can stick for volume 4 too? <3 I doubt that somehow tho, he doesn't seem to have a implant in his head and i think he'll just escape Triskelion on Avengers 3 #6, but i would love to be wrong! <3

I'm so excited for this upcoming Ultimate Avengers arc. Art looks great. :up: Should be a nice toss up from the last Ultimate Avengers arc. I was kinda "done" with it after issue 2, unfortunately. :csad:

right there wit ya dude. This whole vampire crap is not doing anything for me. Luckily one more issue and it'll be done. Also frickin loved the first issue of Ult Cap. Called [blackout]Nuke[/blackout] the second I read the solicitation description but it was still surprising to see him show up.

On another topic what is everyone thinking of Ult Thor so far? Personally I'm alittle confused about something. How can the present storyline in Ult Thor be possible considering that Captain Britain and his father were killed during Ultimatum? Could it be Loki screwing with reality or is this one big massive continuity **** up?

On another topic what is everyone thinking of Ult Thor so far? Personally I'm alittle confused about something. How can the present storyline in Ult Thor be possible considering that Captain Britain and his father were killed during Ultimatum? Could it be Loki screwing with reality or is this one big massive continuity **** up?

No the "present" Thor is happening before Ultimates 1.

Now I just read Ultimate Doom #1 in the bookstore today. What exactly is up with Reed?

He's a villain now.

No clue why. This universe has become really random since Ultimatum ended.

personally I still think he is being possessed by Thanos. I refuse to believe that that is really Reed.

I was looking at Ultimate TPB issues that I need to catch up on (ie alot) and I haven't noticed much for the FF4 past what I already own. Are they not doing that series anymore?

Yes UFF and UXM were both axed at the end of Ultimatum.

#3 cover for Avengers vs. New Ultimates.
1295025935.jpg

Millar also confirmed Red Wasp and Blade, if i understood his post correct. :)

Couple of questions in ultimate avengers...

1. what is the story behind the spider? what is he and how does he relate to spiderman?

2. Whats the story behind the nerd hulk? what happened to the original ultimate hulk?

thank you :)

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=30378

Death of Spider-Man is about the Ultimate Six making their comeback, and Bendis quotes Millar's Avengers vs. New Ultimates as "Ultimate Civil War" in terms of it being a superhero vs. superhero team.
It looks like in those preview pages Norman Osborn is coming back I think we all knew he wasn't dead. I'm really looking forward to this story arc.:awesome:

Couple of questions in ultimate avengers...

1. what is the story behind the spider? what is he and how does he relate to spiderman?

I believe we'll find the answers in Avengers vs. New Ultimates. Maybe he's a clone of Parker?

2. Whats the story behind the nerd hulk? what happened to the original ultimate hulk?

Millar isn't using Bruce, because Jeph Loeb is. Jeph Loeb just isn't replacing Ultimate X artists Arthur Adams (he became a father, so he's slower than ever) so Hulk is in the limbo. Basicly Gregory Stark created a clone of Bruce Banner, and this is Millar's take on "Professor" personality of the Hulk.

Ah gotcha - I dont get every Ultimate mini so was wondering if I had missed something. Yeah noticed there was a grey hulk in ultimate x covers but didnt know if it was Bruce Banner or not due to him changing between green and grey. Thank you :)

Regarding Ultimate Cap (got the first issue last week). Doesn't it seem like he gets his arse handed to him ridiculously easy by anyone even slightly related to the supersoldier program? Makes him out to be the only failure of the thing rather than the only success

First look at Ult Spidey #153!

Regarding Ultimate Cap (got the first issue last week). Doesn't it seem like he gets his arse handed to him ridiculously easy by anyone even slightly related to the supersoldier program? Makes him out to be the only failure of the thing rather than the only success

I could have sworn it's referenced in Ultimates 2 that Steve isn't as strong as he used to be, but yeah #1 reminded me alot of Ultimate Avengers #1 where Red Skull just slaps him around.

I believe we'll find the answers in Avengers vs. New Ultimates. Maybe he's a clone of Parker?
Im calling it now he is either the Scorpion clone or he is Ult Deadpool.

Ultimate Deadpool's been done. He was a mutant hunter, or something lame like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"