• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Underrated CB movies

I suppose its possible Schumacher was playing "see what **** gets past the producers".

I suppose its possible Schumacher was playing "see what **** gets past the producers".

Not really logical on a $100m+ movie.

Schumacher just went crazy with the art direction of his two movies. That's where all the effort went. Set design, costume design, lighting, colours.

Batman Forever, Val's my favorite live action Bruce Wayne / Batman.

The Losers is a super underrated CBM. It was really good and more action than anyone could ask for.

Directors Cut of Daredevil. I will always have a special place in my heart for this movie.

I actually like Batman Forever, even as a die-hard Batman fan. If you can just roll with the in-universe logic and pretend it has nothing to do with reality, it's actually a much-better-than-average 90s comic book movie. Kilmer and O'Donnell do what they need to do, and Tommy Lee Jones and Jim Carrey are just hilarious in every scene they're in. It's also got some nice visuals, and the action's not half bad either. It's an enjoyable film.

Man Of Steel
The Amazing Spiderman
The Amazing Spiderman 2 (Other than Jamie Foxx it's very good)
Batman Returns
V For Vendetta
Incredible Hulk (2008)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)
The Rocketeer (1991)
The Mask (1994)
The Shadow (1994)
The Punisher (2004)
V for Vendetta (2005)
Iron Man 3 (2013) - at least amongst the web geeks

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)
The Rocketeer (1991)
The Mask (1994)
The Shadow (1994)
The Punisher (2004)
Iron Man 3 (2013) - at least amongst the web geeks
I agree with those

I remember enjoying as a kid the live action DC/TriStar Supergirl (1984) movie. I need to go back and rent that on Netflix to see if it still works for me. With DC's current success, that's one character that I definitely hope gets a reboot on film.

Kick-Ass 2
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
The Dark Knight Rises (seems to be getting quite a bit of hate recently)
Man of Steel
Daredevil

Forgot to mention Punisher: War Zone.

I will always stand by the Director's Cut of Daredevil, up there IMO, with the best CBM's, if that version had been released in cinema's, the past 10-12 years of **** Affleck has taken for the film and the role wouldn't have stood and we would have had a sequel. Outstanding film, completly different to the cinematic version and really understood the character, up there with TDK in my thoughts.

Kick-Ass 2
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
The Dark Knight Rises (seems to be getting quite a bit of hate recently)
Man of Steel
Daredevil

Spot on list. Will never understand the hate for the TASM movies.

Yes. I love that movie. Deltoro really gets the character.

That is the closest I've come to an Elric movie. Compare him to Del Toro's Prince Nuada.

34iisxx.jpg

Spot on list. Will never understand the hate for the TASM movies.
Because Parker is an absolute jerk in those movies, that's why.
Who likes the guy who yells at a cop for shooting at him? What a *****e.

I think TAS-M is criminally underrated. Frankly for myself, there is only one "great" Raimi/Tobey Spidey film and that is SPIDER-MAN 2. SPIDER-MAN 1 has it's moments but I feel it's high school portion was obviously directed by a guy that hadn't seen the inside of a school since the late 1960's. That felt very fake (In fact, in S-M1 it all feels very fake, with the emotion of Ben's death and Tobey's acting as a regretful Peter truly standing out as "real" to me.) People wanted some kind of perfection from Garfield's Parker and felt off put by his and Webb's choice to give him some sharp edges and be more human in his flaws, unlike Tobey, who gained lots of sympathy from the audience by virtue of Raimi being so interested in abusing Peter as a character. I prefer a Peter that can be a jerk or make mistakes or be haunted by the loss of his parents ect. over a sad sack that cries at the drop of a hat and never makes a natural sounding joke for any of his film's runtime. I also appreciated the villain in TAS-M1 more than I did Dafoe's Goblin. The drama of Connors (whom, yes, true, would have been better had they included his wife and child) had more of that classic Spidey soap opera feel to it than the tacked on "please don't tell Harry" abrupt ending stuff of Raimi's film.

But there is NO defense for TAS-M2. That thing is a smelly, unfocused mess that deserves all the bad mouthing it gets.

I will always stand by the Director's Cut of Daredevil, up there IMO, with the best CBM's, if that version had been released in cinema's, the past 10-12 years of **** Affleck has taken for the film and the role wouldn't have stood and we would have had a sequel. Outstanding film, completly different to the cinematic version and really understood the character, up there with TDK in my thoughts.

I think it's good but not in the upper echelon of the genre. The directors cut still has that terrible playground scene and some horrifyingly bad CGI.

I think TAS-M is criminally underrated. Frankly for myself, there is only one "great" Raimi/Tobey Spidey film and that is SPIDER-MAN 2. SPIDER-MAN 1 has it's moments but I feel it's high school portion was obviously directed by a guy that hadn't seen the inside of a school since the late 1960's. That felt very fake (In fact, in S-M1 it all feels very fake, with the emotion of Ben's death and Tobey's acting as a regretful Peter truly standing out as "real" to me.) People wanted some kind of perfection from Garfield's Parker and felt off put by his and Webb's choice to give him some sharp edges and be more human in his flaws, unlike Tobey, who gained lots of sympathy from the audience by virtue of Raimi being so interested in abusing Peter as a character. I prefer a Peter that can be a jerk or make mistakes or be haunted by the loss of his parents ect. over a sad sack that cries at the drop of a hat and never makes a natural sounding joke for any of his film's runtime. I also appreciated the villain in TAS-M1 more than I did Dafoe's Goblin. The drama of Connors (whom, yes, true, would have been better had they included his wife and child) had more of that classic Spidey soap opera feel to it than the tacked on "please don't tell Harry" abrupt ending stuff of Raimi's film.

But there is NO defense for TAS-M2. That thing is a smelly, unfocused mess that deserves all the bad mouthing it gets.

I agree with your assessment of TASM1. Teens can act like jerks, the source being myself when I was a teenager.

Teens can act like jerks. Teens can smoke pot. Teens can have under age sex. Teens can steal money from their folks. Teens can listen to loud music all night long and drink booze. There's lots of bad things teens can do. That doesn't mean Peter Parker should do them just because he's a teen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"