Unfinished Business (Trailers)

JaD

Thriller Night
Reaction score
I wasn't sure if this was worthy or necessary for a thread, but I thought it was quite interesting and I didn't find any other threads that were similar (I'm pretty sure deleted scenes wouldn't have fitted).

So there were some small, ok not small, huge differences between alot of shots from the teaser trailer, and the trailers that followed (mostly CGI, hue, etc.). We all noticed these but I found it very interesting to examine them frame-on-top-of-frame, so I had these stashed away on my computer for a while and thought you all would like to play "Find Waldo", or no I'm sorry wrong game, but to just pick out the surprising amount of differences, here are some to get started

and i also found alot of pics that seemed to be cut (or altered) from the film too, so feel free to discuss those as well

spideypano1.jpg

spideypano5.jpg

spideypano7.jpg

spideypano6.jpg
(this one was flipped horizontally, and lighter than the first shot which i found a bit strange, i guess it wouldnt have looked right in the trailer if it was on the left?)

spideypano2x.jpg

spideypano4.jpg

spideypano3.jpg

So if you can point out any other changes that were made, or just want to discuss the idea of putting up unfinished footage in trailers as being a bad idea, or a gutsy move so to speak, or whatever, have at it

and a couple others i have but dont have the counterpart right now, but we all can mostly spot the differences since we've seen the movie a gajillion times (some of these are pretty small actually)​

capture_09112006_194958.jpg

(Sandman's face was being washed down in the finiished scene in this shot)​

capture_09112006_194108.jpg

(it was night during the battle royale)​

capture_09112006_194118.jpg

(Spidey's obviosuly been using Visine compared to all the stuff in his eyes in the film)​

and i guess these 2 werent in the movie​

capture_11112006_053606.jpg

spideybat.jpg

(why couldnt we see Spidey clubbing Sandman in the film huh?)​

and because i find this so funny, my gift to u​

capture_29032007_014308.jpg

capture_29032007_014317.jpg

....uh oh that cant be good :csad:

i just wanna put these pics to use! :shock

(i personally (a few others i showed them to) think theyre great, its just something u may not think about if u didnt look at some parts of the trailer closely)

spideybat.jpg

(why couldnt we see Spidey clubbing Sandman in the film huh?)​

Most likely edited for time but it'll most likely be reinserted into the extended cut along with many other fine bits of footage.

Are we actually getting an extended cut? I haven't seen any confirmations.

seems like those bits of footage would made the movie better

here is a shot that they changed for the movie. I think they had it for an longer version of the scene where he first gets the symbiote, from the backround.

trailer

spider-man_3_trailer_720p_0001.jpg

spider-man_3_trailer_720p_0002.jpg

spider-man_3_trailer_720p_0003.jpg

movie

VTS_01_3VOB_1__0001-1.jpg

VTS_01_3VOB_1__0002-1.jpg

VTS_01_3VOB_1__0003-1.jpg

nice find ^

i barely noticed that

Here's something I found interesting. Remember Venom from the unfinished trailers and thanksgiving clips?

venomhighwd8.gif

Well I think they finished his face up for the movie but in a different scene:
venom001by3.jpg

Notice the shape of his teeth and where they are, I believe this to be the same Venom face from the earlier clips but in a more completed form. So really all of this didn't go to waste.

Venom was cool. Just needed a bit more screentime, and NOT to have died.

I'm not so sure as to it being the same shot, just that it's the same venom....so it looks the same as another shot of him eating the camera.

edit: although at a second glance...it's really really close...either way good eye.

I'm not so sure as to it being the same shot, just that it's the same venom....so it looks the same as another shot of him eating the camera.

edit: although at a second glance...it's really really close...either way good eye.

yea definitely it looks so damn close, good eye tho incatching that and getting a frame

if someone like'd to tell me where this was in the film that would be great, i got it from a trailer and im guessing they cut out a bitof the crane accident scene after he saved gwen in the film, cuz after sandman passes thru the "key to the city" event spidey and gwen have a similar pose, and im pretty sure she had on a jacket as well, so this is somethin else

capture_09112006_194952gwensp.jpg

Thanks.

Woah, where did you get a cap of that JaD? It seemed to be cut from the movie as I was searching for it to use in my leaked trailer remake. I guess I will have to go back and change that one part. I'm guessing it was in one of the official trailers right?

Thanks.

Woah, where did you get a cap of that JaD? It seemed to be cut from the movie as I was searching for it to use in my leaked trailer remake. I guess I will have to go back and change that one part. I'm guessing it was in one of the official trailers right?

yea i think it was, um cant remember exactly which trailer, i think it was the second when they had all these flashes of images at the end

Nice, thanks again. I think I've got the trailers somewhere so I'll have a look later :yay:.

i noticed this too, in the end when pete asks harry for help in saving mj, im guessing they shot two versions of him asking for help. one with him in his spidey outfit, and the other without

capture_09112006_194845pete.jpg

petehelp2005250142228418047_rs.jpg

and the bridge scene where harry is watching mj break up with peter, i guess they decided they wanted to keep harry hidden (he was also clapping his hands in a trailer too which he didnt do in the film)

capture_09112006_194113harry.jpg

also, mary jane's line from the trailer "we have to forgive each other, or everything we ever were, will mean nothing" seemed to be cut from the film (i honestly dont even know where that would have fitted in the film anyway)

mjforgive.jpg

and also peter admiring his suit in his closet is gone too

capture_09112006_194619suit.jpg

s3suitbr.jpg

There's also a cut scene where Sandman attacks a doctor that should cure his daughter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"