• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Variety confirms new Punisher film, calls it a "rehaul"

Lexi Alexander is not a stereotypical female director. So far her films have been about people beating the sh** out of each other.

I'm getting really sick of these people who show up on the Punisher forums just to make one stupid and pointless comment then leave.

"Oh! Its a director who's female and girls have cooties! And she's fairly unknown! This movie will probably suck!"

Unknown directors have more to strive for because they still have to prove themselves by making films of artistic value that they want people to remember them for.

Take Francis Ford Coppola for example. When he was young he directed films like The Godfather and Apocalypse Now. Today they're considered classics.

When he got old he directed movies like the Robin Williams comedy Jack. Today most people have a hard time remembering a silly film like that.

Lexi Alexander also has to prove herself that she is not like typical female directors and that she can make films that aren't chick flicks or lifetime dramas.

Lexi Alexander is not a stereotypical female director. So far her films have been about people beating the sh** out of each other.

I'm getting really sick of these people who show up on the Punisher forums just to make one stupid and pointless comment then leave.

"Oh! Its a director who's female and girls have cooties! And she's fairly unknown! This movie will probably suck!"

Unknown directors have more to strive for because they still have to prove themselves by making films of artistic value that they want people to remember them for.

Take Francis Ford Coppola for example. When he was young he directed films like The Godfather and Apocalypse Now. Today they're considered classics.

When he got old he directed movies like the Robin Williams comedy Jack. Today most people have a hard time remembering a silly film like that.

Lexi Alexander also has to prove herself that she is not like typical female directors and that she can make films that aren't chick flicks or lifetime dramas.

I agree, you'd think in 2007 people would have wised up. Sexist bastards!:ninja:

People have a tendency to forget that both American Psycho and Point Break were directed by women.

Marvel posted this article on the 19th and this seems like the best place for it.

Punisher: War Zone Casting Details
Director Lexi Alexander announces three new actors for Punisher movie sequel
Posted: 2007-09-19 Updated: 2007-09-19 18:41:14

The buzz keeps building for 2008's "Punisher" sequel, "Punisher: War Zone," this week as director Lexi Alexander announced new casting details and teased of more to come!

On her official blog, Alexander revealed three new cast members and their respective roles. Dash Mihok, who recently appeared in the drama "Hollywoodland," is set to play Detective Martin Soap. In the comics, Soap is the inept—and unfortunate—member of the NYPD who is assigned to bring Frank Castle down.

Colin Salmon, who has had roles in "Tomorrow Never Dies" and "Match Point," will star as Agent Paul Budiansky. Featured in recent issues of THE PUNISHER, Budiansky is a cop who becomes analogous to Frank Castle after making a series of morally gray decisions.

And it looks like Doug Hutchinson, a gritty actor who's been in "The Green Mile" and more TV shows than you can shake a stick at, will play Loony Bin Jim, a role rumored to as the brother of classic Punisher villain Jigsaw.

Alexander ended her post with a coy note, boasting that she had found "the perfect, most talented Jigsaw," but did not comment further. Looks like fans will have to stay tuned to her blog and Marvel.com for more information on that in the coming weeks.

http://www.marvel.com/news/moviesto...ing_Details?&utm_campaign=front+page+tracking

I think it is SAFE to say that NO ONE is certain what this film is, NOT even the people who are making it.

Marvel posted this article on the 19th and this seems like the best place for it.

Punisher: War Zone Casting Details
Director Lexi Alexander announces three new actors for Punisher movie sequel
Posted: 2007-09-19 Updated: 2007-09-19 18:41:14

The buzz keeps building for 2008's "Punisher" sequel, "Punisher: War Zone," this week as director Lexi Alexander announced new casting details and teased of more to come!

On her official blog, Alexander revealed three new cast members and their respective roles. Dash Mihok, who recently appeared in the drama "Hollywoodland," is set to play Detective Martin Soap. In the comics, Soap is the inept—and unfortunate—member of the NYPD who is assigned to bring Frank Castle down.

Colin Salmon, who has had roles in "Tomorrow Never Dies" and "Match Point," will star as Agent Paul Budiansky. Featured in recent issues of THE PUNISHER, Budiansky is a cop who becomes analogous to Frank Castle after making a series of morally gray decisions.

And it looks like Doug Hutchinson, a gritty actor who's been in "The Green Mile" and more TV shows than you can shake a stick at, will play Loony Bin Jim, a role rumored to as the brother of classic Punisher villain Jigsaw.

Alexander ended her post with a coy note, boasting that she had found "the perfect, most talented Jigsaw," but did not comment further. Looks like fans will have to stay tuned to her blog and Marvel.com for more information on that in the coming weeks.

http://www.marvel.com/news/moviesto...ing_Details?&utm_campaign=front+page+tracking

I think it is SAFE to say that NO ONE is certain what this film is, NOT even the people who are making it.

Well its from the people at Marvel.com. They probably aren't given inside news from the source of LGF.

your freakin crazy this was the worst movie score of the century it interrupted everything and felt like it was some kind of magical symphony more descriptive of some fantastic elfquest popping up out of the ground as mr buffy TJ eleveted from floor panels...........the musical score alone was enuff to make me puuuuuuke 20 year old waste from my appendix.

I have to agree. The "heroic" western score that Hensleigh was going for felt all wrong to me. Aside from just being boring and dreadful to listen to.

The music in the 2nd RAMBO 4 trailer would've been much more appropiate for the Punisher. Something dramatic and intense. It'll never happen, but HANS ZIMMER (Pirates triology, Batman Begins) could create a Punisher score to pwn all.

Cause you only have 4 posts.

And your thread seemed trollish in nature.

You thought I was someone involved in the movie, when I am one of the bigger skeptics on the boards, and the mod's viewed it as an attack and locked it.

I usually don't take a side, but your arguments weren't legit. If you are concerned the movie is gonna be a mess because there are so many characters. If you are afraid Frank spends too much time mourning the death of the undercover cop. If you are afraid that Ray Stevenson doesn't fit the bill to be the Punisher... all you need to do to fix things up are site a couple things from the script that concern you.

Your other thread was just a NON-SPECIFIC attack, you're better to join these boards and begin with SPECIFIC details, before you try to start a thread.

Like for example the fact that TJ might take the Magnity character too far away from the comic origins from Irish Kitchen arc? That would be one we could discuss.

Or what you said about the score... those were good comments and concerns - I'd stick with those before starting any threads.

I didn't know this wasn't a sequel to the first Jane movie. Well, that is great news, all that crap in the other film with his whole family getting killed and being set in florida was so stupid.

They need to stop changing things so that 2 years later they don't have to remake these films!

Hopefully they'll learn their lesson and see that if they stay faithful to the comics they will have a successful film franchise and won't have to keep restarting instead they could move forward.

Also, hopefully other comic filmmakers will learn from this, just quit changing stuff so you don't have to go back and remake them more faithfully, just do it in the first place.

It is good to hear they have a better Punisher on the way, same goes for the Incredible Hulk, good going Marvel, keep up the faithful films, now just fix your comics, you've made a mess these last few years.

One would hope...more and more comic movies are staying closer to their source material.

This punisher should be interesting.. so far it sounds pretty faithful but also pretty full.

One would hope...more and more comic movies are staying closer to their source material.

This punisher should be interesting.. so far it sounds pretty faithful but also pretty full.
Sounds good, hope it will be. these studios really do need to take a step back look at the big picture and see what has really worked and what's not.

Spider-man's movies have done great because of how faithful they've been, and the love and respect the director and team have for the character and the respect for the fans. That is very important.

when it comes to Spidey I can live with a small change like organic web shooters, but when they start doing big changes that's when I draw the line. Those filmmakers who think they can do whatever they want with these beloved characters are wrong, and it blows up in their faces.

It shows with Superman Returns, Singer has no respect for fans and the source material. He was blatantly rude to fans at a comic-con about how faithful it would be, and some ate it up and defended it at first 'cause they were so hungry for a new superman, but after awhile they saw the flaws more clearly and voiced their concerns, myself included, I liked somethings, and nice to finally get a chance to see ole' blue on the big screen, but It is long past due for a reboot of Superman, more faithful, not just a Donner knock off.

Good to see The Incredible Hulk being fixed also, and also good to see Ironman getting off on the right foot from the looks of it so far.

Now they should reboot Daredevil, that could be the next Batman if done right, and X-men needs to get fixed aswell. I wanna' see the real Mutants come to life, not some plain dull weak watered down version from stinky singer.

I am actually looking forward to this

something I wouldn't have said, had they made a sequel to Punisher

I for one am bummed that Jane isn't coming back - he did great with what he had, but nonetheless I am looking forward to this.

I for one am bummed that Jane isn't coming back - he did great with what he had, but nonetheless I am looking forward to this.

At least you are approaching this with an open mind - as most people around here may not be... it's truly the best route.

I love the cast, I love the director. The only thing I'm corncerned about are these messy plot details we've been getting from the script reviews.

I love the cast, I love the director. The only thing I'm corncerned about are these messy plot details we've been getting from the script reviews.

Same here.

But, I do have confidence in Lexi. I think she could pull this off!

And Bradstreet's involved too, so the posters will look cool :woot:

And Bradstreet's involved too, so the posters will look cool :woot:

How did you find that out? I asked him but hadn't gotten an answer yet... maybe I missed his response.

Two movies. :cwink:

Green Street Hooligans.

Lost in Translation (artsy fartsy but still not a bad movie.) Boy Don't Cry (yeah its gay and all, but its lesbian gay and also pretty good filmmaking wise.)

I can't really name anything else I've seen worth mentioning that was directed by a female. I guess filmmaking doesn't appeal to females as much as it does to males. Its like when you go to the hair dresser, there are always more female hair dressers than there are male ones because that occupation doesn't appeal to most of us.

The main lesson is that women are hair dressers and men are film makers. Does this mean that Jonathan Hensleigh will be replacing Lexi Alexander at the beauty shop?

How did you find that out? I asked him but hadn't gotten an answer yet... maybe I missed his response.

Well, he did't say "I'M DOING IT!" right out there, but he's been hinting at it for some time now.

"Talked to Lexi and the Cinematographer today and they are WAY excited about the Punisher."

Marvel got him involved in the last one, and I can't imagine Marvel wouldn't push hard for him to help out with this one too. They'll have him involved for sure, it's a no-brainer for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"