Venom Venom: Let There Be Carnage

Sweet! Haven't seen the first Venom yet, but this has me greatly intrigued.

Last edited:
Find it ironic how Gollum is directing a movie about a force/character that changes the persons personality when it gets into contact with it and changes them into something monstrous

Nice! Klaw and Venom working together. Can’t wait to see what they come up with

Consider me highly skeptical. Mowgli was complete garbage but had amazing visuals. I hope Serkis leaves most of the writing and pacing to someone else and just focuses on motion capturing.

Damn, Andy, Tom and Kelly have me giddy thinking about the possibilities. They want to bring it!

#Venom #Carnage

Consider me highly skeptical. Mowgli was complete garbage but had amazing visuals. I hope Serkis leaves most of the writing and pacing to someone else and just focuses on motion capturing.

Hardy is helping with the script. Which, given how his improvisations helped create the best parts of the movie, a bit hopeful. And really, the key to making a fun Venom 2 is just turning Hardy loose.

The quote by Serkis tells me he's got grandeur ambitions then just making a fun Venom movie.

You know what’s something I’ve always wanted to see? The planet of the symbiotes. They probably don’t have the budget for it this time

I'm now looking forward to this movie 20 times more. Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle, in my opinion, was excellent; and I like that Hardy has more involvement in the writing.

All that, and the fact that a ton of stuff won't be cut out for a MPAA rating downgrade.

'Venom 2' Director Andy Serkis Has "Very Clear Ideas" About Where to Take the Sequel [TCA 2019]

Andy Serkis is an accomplished director and performer in his own right. He certainly warrants the authority of the director’s chair. However, Serkis’ approach is to create an inclusive environment with all his collaborators.

“What I’ve learned from directing full stop is you’re working with an extraordinarily team of highly talented people and to create an atmosphere where everyone is able to do their work to 150%,” Serkis said. “As much as anything, directing is about creating an atmosphere of people not being afraid to step forward with their very best work.”

I will NOT miss this one in the cinemas like I did with the first one. Serkis bringing Hardy into the writing room has me a little more pumped about this.

Hardy and Marcel claim they ghost wrote Bronson, which is disputed by Nicolas Winding Refn. But IMO Bronson barely seemed to have a script anyway, so I'm not sure how much that would prove one way or another about Hardy's writing abilities.

He also co-wrote his show Taboo, but again......not sure how much that says.

Consider me highly skeptical. Mowgli was complete garbage but had amazing visuals.

Sounds like the perfect fit for Venom then. Visually cool, but garbage character material.

I will NOT miss this one in the cinemas like I did with the first one. Serkis bringing Hardy into the writing room has me a little more pumped about this.

I fully expect this to surpass the original in terms of quality. Carnage is one of the key elements in Venom's evolution from mere Spidey villain to stand-alone character. Carnage shakes both sides of the Venom from their myopic focus to current responsibility. Serkis is the kind of guy to find that next level for story like this.

Yeah plus everyone thought it would flop. Now at least there will be a bit more trust there

As someone who enjoyed Venom and is excited for the sequel, having Serkis on board is a real treat.

As someone who enjoyed Venom and is excited for the sequel, having Serkis on board is a real treat.

Welcome back. Thought you cared about comic book fidelity down to the very letter, so how could a Venom movie that completely changed the origin sit well with you?

Welcome back. Thought you cared about comic book fidelity down to the very letter, so how could a Venom movie that completely changed the origin sit well with you?

Lack of Spider-Man aside (which was a good thing if it had to be Holland's), it was relatively faithful to the Lethal Protector comics of the 90s. Even the dynamic between Eddie and Venom.

Far better than Raimi's Venom, even if that take had the benefit of having the traditional origin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"