Captain America: The First Avenger
Doctor Strange
Ant-Man

Ant Man & The Wasp
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3
The Avengers: Age of Ultron
The Incredible Hulk

There is zero up and down in tfa. It has an Indiana Jones vibe from beginning to end. It never tried to be saving private Ryan. It's very evident what it wanted to be unlike venom
Who in the hell asked for a captain america movie to be like Indiana Jones first of all. And yes, I've heard the comparison before. But uh, did you ever stop to think not everyone would want a 80s explorer film theme for a 1940s WWII comic book movie?

where some parts resemble gritty sci-fi thriller and some others resemble an Adam Sandler comedy.

Pretty sure you just described venom from the comics perfectly.

Venom was actually pretty funny at times.

Venom+is+such+a+noble+gentleman_c3574d_6690344.jpg

wqIh8NSZRXrbwg6YIXEQef7j5Tzb-msi2ub6R-iUaqs.jpg

I always always think of this one when I think of Venom. This is where Spidey and Venom have to team up against Carnage.

I truly believe the general public has the wrong opinion of what Venom was/is supposed to be.

Let's also not forget the very popular PS1 game where Venom is yelling things like "Surf the web!!!"

I'd say venom's better than thor the dark world and on par with the incredible hulk. Every other MCU film wipes the floor with it imo

Venom is better than both Ant-Man films. It's better than the first Ant-Man by a considerable margin.

Venom is better than all thor movies to imo. Thor is boring

Venom is better than both Ant-Man films. It's better than the first Ant-Man by a considerable margin.
Ehh, i've really liked the Ant Man films. They're not the best but i still prefer them to Venom. Then again, that's just me.

Who in the hell asked for a captain america movie to be like Indiana Jones first of all. And yes, I've heard the comparison before. But uh, did you ever stop to think not everyone would want a 80s explorer film theme for a 1940s WWII comic book movie?

Pretty sure you just described venom from the comics perfectly.
Pretty sure you haven't read any venom comic in your life. Brock was never a doofus. My first ever comic was Michelinies asm 374. Brock was a pretty tortured character and venom only had some moments of dark humor during his entire history. some!

Venom is objectively worse than all Thor movies. Those are actual movies instead of tonal jigsaw puzzles.
Again, there is no objective measure and you are no authority. Please stahp with that word.

I'm sorry man, but do you know what respect is at all? All you ever do is come in here and insult people. You're welcome to debate people and share your thoughts, but if all you can do is insult people, then no one wants you here.

Either learn basic respect for the opinions of others, or go on your merry way somewhere else that is not here. I've been telling you this fairly politely, and you keep doing the same stuff. So I guess I have to be more direct.
Give me examples where I have insulted people. Examples, not vague accusations. Calling his opinion laughable is not an insult to his person. It's just the mere fact that I find this SPECIFIC opinion laughable. I didn't call him any names, I didn't insult his person. So, please tell me how I have insulted him. If you want to go all Gestapo and ban me, ban me. But tell me how I have insulted people because for almost 400 posts I'm very careful with what I say. If I find someone's opinion a joke, I'm gonna say it and I have no problem people sayingnit back to me as well.

My first ever comic was Amazing SM 28 (many years after publication), do I get any kind of ownership of the Molten Man (ugh)?

Give me examples where I have insulted people. Examples, not vague accusations. Calling his opinion laughable is not an insult to his person. It's just the mere fact that I find this SPECIFIC opinion laughable. I didn't call him any names, I didn't insult his person. So, please tell me how I have insulted him. If you want to go all Gestapo and ban me, ban me. But tell me how I have insulted people because for almost 400 posts I'm very careful with what I say. If I find someone's opinion a joke, I'm gonna say it and I have no problem people sayingnit back to me as well.

I'm not giving you specific examples, but in this very thread and in your posting you treat people in a condescending way. You have a holier than thou attitude with anyone who disagrees with you, especially in regards to this project. You can disagree with people without saying "Opinion X is a joke." By saying that, you're calling anyone with that opinion a joke, which is an insult. So clean up your attitude and show people some respect. In the past week, I can remember 3 occasion I had to tell you to chill out or treat people better, and yet here I have to do it again. I don't think it is too much to ask for you to show people some level of respect, but if this is too much for you, I can facilitate your request.

Venom is objectively worse than all Thor movies. Those are actual movies instead of tonal jigsaw puzzles.
This is a suitable description of Thor: The Dark World, actually. Went back and forth from three clowns goofing around on Earth to battles on Asgard.

Would need to go looking for my actual rankings been a while since I sorted that out but ones I think I would say Venom is better than are
  • Thor Dark World
  • Iron Man 3
  • Ant Man & The Wasp
  • The Hulk

Among professional critics, no doubting that.
More often than not I find myself agreeing with the critical consensus but it is not the be all end all, neither when I am aligned with it nor when I don't.

I was done listening to professional critics years ago they said Cold Mountain was a brilliant movie and I have never trusted them again.

don’t wanna be that guy but I def feel like RT critics just rank a film if it’s favored heavily. Ranorak should of been like a 70 at best. There was nothing new or original about it but it got lots of praise from RT. TLJ got so much praise on the site and it’s pretty much the most hated Star Wars film of all time.

I never trusted critics. I knew this movie wasn’t gonna be catwoman bad. A bit bland and meh but not horrible

don’t wanna be that guy but I def feel like RT critics just rank a film if it’s favored heavily. Ranorak should of been like a 70 at best. There was nothing new or original about it but it got lots of praise from RT. TLJ got so much praise on the site and it’s pretty much the most hated Star Wars film of all time.

I never trusted critics. I knew this movie wasn’t gonna be catwoman bad. A bit bland and meh but not horrible
RT is a review aggregator, the "score" is the percentage of the critics that would advise to spend money to see the movie. By definition it can not be wrong as it is not a grade but a poll of opinions.
Any single reviewer could not "get" a movie, that happens but it would still be their opinion.
Every movie has the RT percentage it duly deserves as it is the accurate number of recommendations among the sampled critics, it is just that.

It is an opinion poll, it is what it is.
What it isn't, is ever wrong: the beauty of opinions!

And keep in mind I really liked Venom, but I will still defend RT usefulness for when one is undecided about a movie, the reviews are linked to be read and make your own decision in the end.

This is a common misconception about RT. You can have a movie score 75% and be more well loved than a movie that is a 90% film. The 90% movie just means 90% of the critics liked it enough to recommend it. My hypothetical movie with a 75% may have more people that disliked it, but the 75% who liked it may have liked it on average more strongly than the 90% movie. It's possible. But yeah, saying it should have scored X doesn't work with RT. They're not saying it was a movie they'd rate 9/10. It just means 9 out of every 10 critics liked it. That can mean 90% of critics rate it a 6.5/10.

RT is a review aggregator, the "score" is the percentage of the critics that would advise to spend money to see the movie. By definition it can not be wrong as it is not a grade but a poll of opinions.
Any single reviewer could not "get" a movie, that happens but it would still be their opinion.
Every movie has the RT percentage it duly deserves as it is the accurate number of recommendations among the sampled critics, it is just that.

It is an opinion poll, it is what it is.
What it isn't, is ever wrong: the beauty of opinions!

And keep in mind I really liked Venom, but I will still defend RT usefulness for when one is undecided about a movie, the reviews are linked to be read and make your own decision in the end.

Meh. Still don’t take them seriously. Judge a film how u want it

For those who dug it, that's cool.

I don't think it was "Catwoman" or "Fan4stic" level bad as I originally heard, and I think overall they could still salvage the series, but I don't have it over any MCU films myself.

I rank it with Suicide Squad, I can see this being a "guilty pleasure" film, but that's about it.

I guess it depends how you choose to rank them; for me I had more fun watching this and would prefer to watch it than close to half of the MCU but I still don't think I would claim it to be a better film in terms of the way it was put together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"