Vertigo Cinematic Universe?

hegemony

Civilian
Reaction score
Not a "cinematic universe". At least not how Marvel Studios or the mainstream DC IP's are being handled anyway.

Vertigo stories are generally stand alone which is why they aren't published under the mainstream DC banner on top of having heavier thematic content. V For Vendetta was a Vertigo movie. We're going to see more Vertigo movies (100 Bullets, Fables) and TV shows as well (iZombie, Preacher) but none of that would be part of some greater connected universe or anything like that.

Just WB finally realizing that they have the comic book publisher with the biggest number of critically acclaimed and genre redefining stories under their umbrella (DC) and finally doing something with everything they have at their disposal and not just superheroes. Here's hoping they also turn Scalped or Sweet Tooth into TV shows.

Last edited:
So iZombie is now getting a second season and Preacher & Global Frequency are on the way. Things aren't bad for Vertigo properties on the TV front. What I do wonder is when will the movie slate finally be revealed?

So iZombie is now getting a second season and Preacher & Global Frequency are on the way. Things aren't bad for Vertigo properties on the TV front. What I do wonder is when will the movie slate finally be revealed?
Global Frequency was passed up again. Perhaps you were thinking of Fox picking up Lucifer?

Also Preacher is not yet officially ordered to series. It probably will be, but as of now it's still just a pilot.

Global Frequency was passed up again. Perhaps you were thinking of Fox picking up Lucifer?

Also Preacher is not yet officially ordered to series. It probably will be, but as of now it's still just a pilot.

No I just didn't know that it was passed on.

Good luck to Lucifer. I don't know how well that could translate to broadcast TV. Also don't know how much not tying to the Sandman saga would affect the narrative. I'll give it a look that was one of my favorite comics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"