• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Video Game Anyone?

Lando81

Harmenian
Reaction score
Seeing how its the biggest Show of the year should there be the inevitable video game? and if there is who should develop it?

That'd be cool. But it might be a while (second season or so), so the game doesn't reveal more secrets than the show...

What would also be cool is "Heroes"Clix. But, all the versions would be rookies right now (except for Future Hiro, which would be experienced or possibly veteran - we don't know how far in the future he's from). Maybe a limited box set like they have for Danger Room. Isaac and Niki would probably need to "push to damage" to get thier powers to kick in, like the Hulk...
OK, I guess I'd be more excited about a HeroClix version of Heroes than a video game, right now. :p

But, a video game would be nice.

It would turn out about as good as the "Buffy" video games.

Why not, they did X-files, Alias, CSI, Law and Order the computer games.
h4298.jpg

alias_0002.jpg

game.jpg

computer_game_cover_detail.jpg

CSI and Law & Order games were ok from what I heard.

The other ones were terrible. As was the Farscape game.

Heroes isn't a superhero show, honestly... the show is not about combat, unless the video game managed to turn twisting plots and social challenge into gameplay, then a video game would fail to capture the feel of the show... it'd just be spider-man with "heroes" skins...

nice. This doesn't have the action to be a video game. unless it is a PC game?

it doesnt have a lot of action yet...but also they could change it in the video game to were it does

They could make a very good game out of it. it just depends on who gets the rights.

SouLeSS said:
It would turn out about as good as the "Buffy" video games.
I only played the 2nd Buffy game on PS2 and loved it

it was really fun. I would love if they could pull of a heroes game like they pulled off the Aeon Flux game maybe.

most tv/movie based games are horrible in my opinion. so iono if i want this to be a game.

if they do decide to make one i hope they'll do theyre research and really try to make it topnotch

From a gamer perspective... I agree with Oak.

No.

Substance D said:
Bioware should make it and it should be an RPG.
There are a lot of things that should be made into RPG's and never are. :(

Mixairian said:
There are a lot of things that should be made into RPG's and never are. :(

And they should all be made by Bioware... with Square doing the cutscenes and graphics.

I agree Bioware could make this into an outstanding RPG, and they'd be a very good studio to tap. I'm honestly somewhat intrigued at what Rockstar would do with this, though this game doesn't necessarily lend itself to a single city/world.

I recant my previous statement, I think this game could be amazing, provided it did not become a 'beat up all the footsoldiers' type game... which requires a great deal of finesse and insight into what is 'fun' and what is 'challenging' instead of simply putting a new spin on the same old ideas.

"Heroes: World War 3"

Our story starts with Hiro, Peter and Isaac, ideally between seasons 2 and 3. Something happens and Isaac can't leave paint-mode. He is constantly creating a large number of paintings that form a comic book about World War III. Isaac is stuck painting, Hiro goes in search of ways to prevent the events that lead up to it and Peter goes in search of the people depicted in it in order to be prepared for the inevitable.

Playable Characters:
Hiro at this point is a bit more heroic, and can slow time down to use his sword in a number of ways. He can jump backwards and forwards through time almost unlimitedly. A further Future Hiro sets limits on him so that he can't go further than 12 months before Season 1 and can't go more than 12 months after the end of WW3. The entire game becomes a puzzle of putting events together in certain ways. He gets game over if he causes a rift in time or gets killed.

Peter on the other hand travels through different stages seeking out new individiuals with powers. That means each stage he ends up using a new power as he saves these people from persuers, personal issues, solves crimes/mysteries that they are involved in our caught up with or victims of and generally has a bunch of standalone adventures that lead up to the big finale. He can recruit some of these people into his travelling party (the potentially heroic ones) depending on the choices he, and consequently THEY make.

I had an origoinal character, Ellena Greyeyes, a female Native American Fire Fighter from Arizona who had the power to start small fires ( a tiny bit of pyrokinesis), and you ended up saving people with her and she ended up being the only casualty of the averted WWIII at the end of the game -- averted even with all of Isaac's paintings coming true. I also had Micah's technopath power be kind of a puzzle game when he touches something (and he's playing hide and seek with bad guys otherwise) and giving him some notable sidequests just as a change of pace. Finally, of course, EACH of the Heroes appearing so far would be playable in one or two stages as a sidequest of Peter or Hiro's stories, even Eden as a sidequest of something Hiro may do in the past. Hopefully involving a very hot Lamborghini.

Villains: People to fight and that are responsible for some of the challenges you face.
General Mattell-- Argentinian Guerilla wants a war for promotional reasons and has a destructive "entropy" power at his fingertips.
Professor Owen and "The Children"-- Herding special children into a camp where he can brainwash them as part of his army.
HRG's Organization
Linderman's Goons
Random criminals involved in the lives of the people you are rescuing/seeking as Peter.
The people doing the things you're trying to change in the past as Hiro.
The smartest fire ever.
And, sometimes, the authorities.

"Boss Encounters"
The Haitian and HRG
Jessica
General Mattel
Professor Owen & 'Top of the Class'
Sylar
Future Hiro. "This will cause a rift. You MUST stop."
A Hitman.
A powered guy in an insane asylum.

Open world Explorable Zones, accessible by airport or Hiro-port.
Manhattan, NYC
Downtown Los Angeles
All of Midland Texas
Uptown Beijing, China
Central Tokyo, Japan
Military Base in an Undisclosed Location

That's my idea, varied problem solving action puzzling in a real life settings with a dash of combat and all the personal storytelling from the show, with the voice actors reprising their roles and hundreds of thousands of lines of dialogue, much of it coming from Hiro, Peter and the OC.

And of course make it multiplayer so you and two of your friends can save the world together, even if you're doing it from different parts of the world at the same time.

So... what do you guys think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"