• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Vietnam-Era Call of Duty Set To Release in November?

i got more playtime out of nazi zombies than i have with either modern warfare game, so i hope they have some stupid gimmicky thing like that

Well that says a lot about you and none of it is good.

CoD4's campaign and story were alright. As was the case for WAW, 2, and 2. But in MW2, they clearly didn't care about it at all. The campaign is a 4 hour tutorial and saying the story is complete trash is being forgiving. I haven't played much of the MP since I got a PS3 shortly after and that has been taking up most of my time.
I didnt find MW2's campaign any better or worse than CoD4. Both were basically tutorials for MP

I didnt find MW2's campaign any better or worse than CoD4. Both were basically tutorials for MP

Iv always felt the campaign in the CoD series was ok at best. I dont know why ppl are just now having problems with it. The campaign has never been anything that stood out. IW are fantastic gameplay engineers, but they arent storytellers and when it comes to Treyarch, well they arent good at anything.

Well that says a lot about you and none of it is good.
why is that? its not like i could play online splitscreen with my friends when there at my house, so we'd play zombies instead. i dont know why games have been taking out split screen online

i dont know why games have been taking out split screen online

In the early days when internet access wasn't as prevalent for consoles it would have made more sense. Using split screen is a performance chug, most console games generally run at 30fps without split screen. Graphical details will be sacrificed and/or noticeable frame-rate drops, you get this online as well but it's generally not as bad.

I also like the gimmicky game modes. Nazi Zombies is much more fun than Spec-Op.

I also like the gimmicky game modes. Nazi Zombies is much more fun than Spec-Op.
agreed. i had a lot of fun playing spec ops, but once i got vet on all levels its over, there is no replay value. with nazi zombies my friends and i were able to play from the time it came out until MW2 because you always had the challenge of getting to a higher level

I think the problem that most have with the Nazi Zombies, or at least my problem with it is the fact that it doesnt need to appear in a game series like Call of Duty. Infinity Ward set out to make a very authentic WWII experience, which they did. That pretty much has continued to this day altho now IW has made the transition from WWII to the modern age. They may have become a little more over the top in their titles but they still are trying to deliver a hard hitting title(as evidenced with their controversial airport scene). Now you have Activision forcing the under achieving Treyarch to work on a series they had NO part in creating who then takes the Call of Duty name and throws in a horribly tacky game mode featuring zombies. A game mode that has you shooting a completely fictional character in a game that is supposed to be delivering a close to authentic first person experience. I think the fact that Treyarch added a mode like that, shows how little they actually care for the source material.

It would be as if Steven Spielberg added bloopers at the end of Saving Private Ryan, someone out there would probably like that, but it doesnt make it any less tacky or unnecessary.

It's about as authentic as a Michael Bay movie.

I think recently yes. It didnt start out that way.

IW's game was never as authentic as Gearbox's Brothers in Arms, but the first and 2nd CoD were far less Michael Bay than the last titles.

EDIT: Blah, nevermind

Last edited:
MW2 was just good. I don't exactly agree that it's a tutorial for the online, but it doesn't have a scratch on CoD4's campaign, or loads of CoD4 inspired campaigns since, like Resistance 2.

Honestly, the thing I've come to realise about CoD is people love it because it's so... easy. You look at an enemy, they die. It's the most simplified a shooter can get these days while still being good. Anyone can pick up and play it. And that's just not what I'm looking for these days.

I completed the game, first time, on the hardest difficulty in an evening. That isn't GOTY material, that should instantly rule it out for GOTY material.

Nazi Zombies was great. It was a fun game to play on on side, I used to play it when I'd take breaks from the multiplayer. Me and my friends spent HOURS on it! lol I hope they bring back something similar.

Honestly, the thing I've come to realise about CoD is people love it because it's so... easy. You look at an enemy, they die. It's the most simplified a shooter can get these days while still being good. Anyone can pick up and play it. And that's just not what I'm looking for these days.

I think it's the MP, not the easiness, that makes it popular. Left 4 Dead is easier than CoD.

I meant easiness in the style of controlling the game, which is why it's so easy for so many people that arn't into games to excel at the online mode.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=241642
Call of Duty 7 - long rumoured to be set in Vietnam - will feature the custom killstreaks introduced in Modern Warfare 2.

That's according to the eagle-eyed super-fans at CoD Vietnam News, who've dug through Treyarch's recent forum comments with a fine comb to compile a list of things we know about the next Call of Duty (which admittedly isn't much).

Apparently, the developer's 'Treyarch dev Vahn' (real name David Vonderhaar - Multiplayer Design Director for the upcoming CoD game) has strongly suggested the firm will ditch a lot of the imbalances of MW2 multiplayer, including the Commando perk and the controversial nuke killstreak.

Previous rumours suggested the game will be called 'Black Ops' and feature SAS missions in Iran, according to an 'Activision insider'.

Wait, the nuke killstreak is controversial?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"