• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Amazing Spider-Man Viral Marketing?

Batman137

Why do we fall?
Reaction score
With Viral Marketing Taking Off With Movies These Days, Do You Think Spider-Man 4 Could Have A Successful Campaign? What Would You Like To See?

Discuss

-Batman137

With Viral Marketing Taking Off With Movies These Days, Do You Think Spider-Man 4 Could Have A Successful Campaign? What Would You Like To See?

Discuss

-Batman137

Something involving the Daily Bugle would be excellent.

I'd like to see something like 'Cloverfield', cherry-pick villain encounters from the movie and hire a group of extras to react/look upon the damage done. Hell, maybe even catch a glimpse of the fight. Other things would be like: having investigators looking into Spider-Man's history to try and figure out his idenity. I don't know. I'm trying to not mention the 'Daily Bugle', because I know that a thousand people(I'm exaggerating) are going to come on here, all of whom are going to mention: the 'Daily Bugle'.

The Daily Bugle. :) Seriously, I'd love to see Daily Bugle Online. BTW, This discussion has no spoilers whatsoever.

Yeah, the Daily bugle would be the best bet. It'd be awesome if they used that to reveal new pictures/trailers. But yes, they have to push viral marketing, with so many movies doing it today, they have to.

Thing about the Bugle is, they dont have to make up a news guy, like Nolan did for the TDK viral stuff.

Spidey already HAS one! :word:

Jksimmonsjonahmovie.jpg

ANY viral marketing campaign will never beat TDK. It was so original and the first. I really cannot wait for Batman 3's viral campaign. Because for a whole year it really does keep you into the movie. It could be great for SM4

They should do some but I thought TDK really over did it. Like really REALLY over did it. I was almost sick of Batman. Every page online was Joker or "Why So Serious?", almost every time I went to SHH's main page it was like "New TDK Marketing Site!"

:o

They should do some but I thought TDK really over did it. Like really REALLY over did it. I was almost sick of Batman. Every page online was Joker or "Why So Serious?", almost every time I went to SHH's main page it was like "New TDK Marketing Site!"

:o

thats what i loved about it. It kept it so interesting waking up and having something new

ANY viral marketing campaign will never beat TDK. It was so original and the first. I really cannot wait for Batman 3's viral campaign. Because for a whole year it really does keep you into the movie. It could be great for SM4
Actually, I believe 'Cloverfield' started doing it first and I'm inclined to think that 'Spider-Man 4' could do a better job with the viral marketing than 'The Dark Knight'.

No.

NO!

I think if you keep it small, maybe just a site with the Dialy Bugle, and you get new stories and such, thats good.

But what TDK did, was too much i though. Its a good idea, but they went nuts.

What I liked about TDK was that you could get out of your house and do things sometimes. I find that if there is a daily bugle website that just updates things, that could be boring. I want something that challenges us

No.

NO!

I think if you keep it small, maybe just a site with the Dialy Bugle, and you get new stories and such, thats good.

But what TDK did, was too much i though. Its a good idea, but they went nuts.
Are you impersonating Christian Bale, by any chance? However, I do agree with you. I was awaiting to see 'TDK', but I wasn't that badly awaiting its arrival.

i could see a viral marketing scheme set for the daily bugle...and id wanna be a part of it...but it wont happen

Are you impersonating Christian Bale, by any chance? However, I do agree with you. I was awaiting to see 'TDK', but I wasn't that badly awaiting its arrival.

Just never walk on to my set when I'm trying to find my center for an important dramatic role....in a Terminator film.

Yeah...

Bale is one crazy sob.

Just never walk on to my set when I'm trying to find my center for an important dramatic role....in a Terminator film.

Yeah...

Bale is one crazy sob.
Nah, he was just having a bad day. However, he did give a pretty good apology for that little tirade.

As someone said I think the TDK Viral marketing won't be beat.While Cloverfield did it first and Watchmen has done since then The Dark knight is still the best and i believe will remain the best until BB3 especially if ther Villain turns out to be the Riddler.But I Wouldn't mind If SM4 did as The Daily Bugle is perfect for that sort of thing.The Bugle would seen you on Photo assignments or something to that extent.

If Batman 3's marketing with Riddler is a series of question marks all over they are sad.

Batman Forever did it. It's not that interesting.

As someone said I think the TDK Viral marketing won't be beat.While Cloverfield did it first and Watchmen has done since then The Dark knight is still the best and i believe will remain the best until BB3 especially if ther Villain turns out to be the Riddler.But I Wouldn't mind If SM4 did as The Daily Bugle is perfect for that sort of thing.The Bugle would seen you on Photo assignments or something to that extent.
'The Dark Knight' only seems to have done it best because they wouldn't even allow you to turn a corner without some stupid new viral site gone up: "Oh, look! A citizen of Gotham who's husband died has a website granted to her in his memory! How spectacular!" The only reason why 'TDK's viral campaign worked out so well is because it made the film the second highest grossing movie, so far. However, it lacked in originality, originality that the 'Cloverfield' viral marketing had.

The reason I loved the TDK Viral marketing is because it immersed you in the movie's world.You were helping the joker with a scheme or helping the cops catch him.It actually got you out the house and A lot of people got great memorabilia from the movie.It was just a fun experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"