Want "The Spectacular Spider-Man" Season Three? Watch Season Two On Disney XD!

for me the highlight of the entire SSM series is the fight with sinester six where spidey isn't even conscious and the highlight of the enire SM movies is the doc ock train fight, well the train fight is better than sinester six fight (imho). so the movies best moment is better than the animated series' best moment.

In terms of action, a live action big budget hollywood movie is always going to top a cartoon (or at least it should) so that's not surprising. The train sequence was amazing, but for me, what makes TSSM so great is it's superior handling of the Spidey mythos and characterizations of the major players and supporting cast.

In terms of action, a live action big budget hollywood movie is always going to top a cartoon (or at least it should) so that's not surprising. The train sequence was amazing, but for me, what makes TSSM so great is it's superior handling of the Spidey mythos and characterizations of the major players and supporting cast.

to be fair the animated series has episodes to flesh out characters, the movie has hours.

to be fair the animated series has episodes to flesh out characters, the movie has hours.

Oh, I understand that. But, because of that, I'm more interested in the animated series.

It's some of the movie choices, Dunst as MJ, Goblin's costume, Sandman as Uncle Ben's killer, Spidey not wisecracking, Gwen thrown in as an afterthought, makes me wish they just leave it a trilogy and try again (and tie it with the other Marvel projects).

Let's not waste our time debating the "highlight of the SM movies"!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"