Batman Begins Was that little kid in Batman Begins supposed to be the future Robin?

God, people need to shut up with that.

This is my thought on it.

The child was in the movie for three reasons, really.

1.) To show just how bad the narrows really were. He was a neglected child, standing out in the rain with his parents fighting and hollering inside the house. He wasn't a bitter kid, he was hopeful, even in the rain with his fueding parents. He represtented the goodness in Gotham that Batman was fighting for.

2.) Batman has always been loved by children. This was a tribute to all of the young fans that have loved Batman for the ages. He was there to give a child's perspective of the Dark Knight. He saw what the adults couldn't. He saw that the Batman was a hero, "Batman will save us."

3.) He was an homage to the character of Robin. Not of any specific incarnation of Robin, be it Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, or Tim Drake -- but rather just a generic homage to the character. He wore a red short sleeve shirt, with a longsleeve greyish green shirt underneath, he gave hope to Batman, and depended on him in a time of need.

The character of "Narrow's Child" was in the film Batman Begins for these reason. Will he ever become Robin? Absolutely not. Was he a tribute to the fans, and of the character of Robin? Yes. Is that all that a Robin fan needs? From a genesis movie of Batman, yes.

-R

Last edited:
Chris Nolan said:
"For the last time, no, the kid wasn't and won't be Robin. Crackheads."

See?

No he's NOT Robin and he ain't in TDK.

Robin91939 said:

1.) To show just how bad the narrows really were. He was a neglected child, standing out in the rain with his parents fighting and hollering inside the house. He wasn't a bitter kid, he was hopeful, even in the rain with his fueding parents. He represtented the goodness in Gotham that Batman was fighting for.

2.) Batman has always been loved by children. This was a tribute to all of the young fans that have loved Batman for the ages. He was there to give a childs perspective of the Dark Knight. He saw what the adults couldn't. He saw that the Batman was a hero, "Batman will save us".

3.) He was an homage to the character of Robin. Not of any specific incarnation of Robin, be it Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, or Tim Drake- but rather just a generic homage to the character. He wore a red short sleeve shirt, with a longsleeve greyish green shirt underneath, he gave hope to Batman, and depended on him in a time of need.

The character of "Narrow's Child" was in the film BATMAN BEGINS for these reason. Will he ever become Robin? Absolutely not. Was he a tribute to the fans, and of the character of Robin? Yes. Is that all that a Robin fan needs? From a genesis movie of Batman, yes.

-R
Good post:up:

That boy ios going to grow to become a rapist and you, my friend, are gonna be his victim.

El Payaso said:
That boy ios going to grow to become a rapist and you, my friend, are gonna be his victim.
Spoiler tags man! Jeez.:cmad:

Jeez, I came into this thread thinking it was going to suck. But, miraculously, it didn't.

Robin91939, that was a great post. I never even noticed the colors of the kid's clothes, but now that you point that out, I have to agree with all three of your points as opposed to just the first two. Well said.

And then, just to frost the cake, El Payaso and Mee made me laugh. :up:

Nolan has stated the purpose of the Narrow's kid and the "nice coat" homeless man. they represent the regular person, and how they react to Batman. It's one thing to see cops and criminals reacting to the presence of a costumed vigilante, but how do the regular people of Gotham react? How would you react if you watched a guy dressed like a bat pull a guy from a car, headbutt him, and fly into the night sky after admiring your coat?

BIG FAT NOOOOO TO ROBIN.

I concur that kid was an acknowledgment to the kiddy market that looks up to Batman as their hero.

Katsuro said:
Nolan has stated the purpose of the Narrow's kid and the "nice coat" homeless man. they represent the regular person, and how they react to Batman. It's one thing to see cops and criminals reacting to the presence of a costumed vigilante, but how do the regular people of Gotham react? How would you react if you watched a guy dressed like a bat pull a guy from a car, headbutt him, and fly into the night sky after admiring your coat?

i for one would be confused and flattered...and a little horny, but that's a given

Robin91939 said:

2.) Batman has always been loved by children. This was a tribute to all of the young fans that have loved Batman for the ages. He was there to give a childs perspective of the Dark Knight. He saw what the adults couldn't. He saw that the Batman was a hero, "Batman will save us".

3.) He was an homage to the character of Robin. Not of any specific incarnation of Robin, be it Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, or Tim Drake- but rather just a generic homage to the character. He wore a red short sleeve shirt, with a longsleeve greyish green shirt underneath, he gave hope to Batman, and depended on him in a time of need.

The character of "Narrow's Child" was in the film BATMAN BEGINS for these reason. Will he ever become Robin? Absolutely not. Was he a tribute to the fans, and of the character of Robin? Yes. Is that all that a Robin fan needs? From a genesis movie of Batman, yes.

-R

Bloody Brilliant

NOFX said:
Good post:up:
Keyser Sushi said:
Jeez, I came into this thread thinking it was going to suck. But, miraculously, it didn't.

Robin91939, that was a great post. I never even noticed the colors of the kid's clothes, but now that you point that out, I have to agree with all three of your points as opposed to just the first two. Well said.

And then, just to frost the cake, El Payaso and Mee made me laugh. :up:
Hazmat81 said:
Bloody Brilliant

Gracias.

-R

yes, the boy is robin. The boy is Dick Grayson and his parents are practising there acrobatics indoors (in the ceiling light if you must know)

there fighting because pop Grayson keeps dropping Mother Grayson onto the sofa.

just so you know (SPOILER) Jim gordon later becomes batgirl

NO DAMMIT HE AINT ROBIN NOR IS THE BABY IN THE HIGH CHAIR IN GORDONS HOME BATGIRL.....DAMMIT

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

This is the craziest thing I've ever heard.

No..wait. It's not.

Why would he be Robin?

Yes he will be Robin. The Joker is going to find the child, it was Dick Grayson, since the first movie, the Graysons joined the circus and learned how to be trapeze performers.

But one night the Joker robs the circus box office and on his way out he kills Dick's parents. Then the Boy becomes Robin.

Then they become the dynamic duo and have many merry adventures.

Morgoth said:
Yes he will be Robin. The Joker is going to find the child, it was Dick Grayson, since the first movie, the Graysons joined the circus and learned how to be trapeze performers.

But one night the Joker robs the circus box office and on his way out he kills Dick's parents. Then the Boy becomes Robin.

Then they become the dynamic duo and have many merry adventures.

His not Robin but IF he had to be a Robin he should be Jason Todd as he was a bit Ghetto anyway :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"