• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

...Well that didn't take long.

I don't get why Doc brought up Civil War. :huh:

Just showing that this is happening alot lately. Things that are done for no real reason that wind up sucking. I happened to like Infinite quite a bit. A better comparison would be Amazons Attack, which is horrid.

Eh, I'll flip through this in the store but that's pretty much it.

The Invaders were one of the greatest teams of all time so I think I'll get this when it comes out in tpb.

Question: When did the original Human Torch die? I remember he came back in the early 90's in that Namor series (Byrne was writing/drawing) around the same time Spitfire turned young again.

This is Great.

And I won't have to buy an issue of it.

Just come here and wade the *hit Storm of folk having issue with it.

the original human torch died at the end the the fairly recent new invaders series.

I'm kinda looking forward to this...its ok bashing it now but it may suprise us all and be really good!

I wonder if Brubaker plans on using Union Jack and Spitfire again.

I hope so. After Brubaker's London arc and Gage's great UJ series, he deserves some more spotlight.

So this is a time-travel visit story, eh? I'll accept that.

I fully expect the moral to be "the old timers say, 'What the hell is wrong with y'all' and leave the modern heroes feeling all guilty, and their reactions will be completely ignored by Bendis in his Avengers titles".

I'm cynical. :o

I fully expect the moral to be "the old timers say, 'What the hell is wrong with y'all' and leave the modern heroes feeling all guilty, and their reactions will be completely ignored by Bendis in his Avengers titles".

Pretty much the same thing Ross did in Kingdom Come.

Difference being he had the great Mark Waid writing his **** for him, Jim Krueger is no Mark Waid.

Why couldn't Jim Krueger go off to be EiC of some comic company no one cares about? :(

I long for the day Bendis acknowledges other work.

the original human torch died at the end the the fairly recent new invaders series.

I'm kinda looking forward to this...its ok bashing it now but it may suprise us all and be really good!
Thanks.

I love anything Golden Age related. I look forward to seeing Winter Soldier meet Bucky, I just wish Nomad wasn't dead that would be a reunion. I love Jim Hammond and seeing him in his less human period will be cool. I think they are planning on making Toro like mimic, which will also be very cool. Two Namors, could you even ask for anything more. Then you'll have the Twelve running around in their arc. 2008 is looking good.

Question: When did the original Human Torch die? I remember he came back in the early 90's in that Namor series (Byrne was writing/drawing) around the same time Spitfire turned young again.

Sniff, sniff... The New Invaders 9... sniff... sniff... Do not go gentle into that good night, Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

I don't think I ever read anything from BOOM Studios, and probably never will.
They've got some good-looking series and some great creators, but I doubt I'll be reading anything from them anytime soon, either.

Their comics look all right, but none of them really grab my attention. I said I doubt I'd read anything from them anytime soon for that reason. Boom could solicit something that I feel an overwhelming need to buy in a few months and I'd buy it. Right now, though, prospects are slim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"