• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wes Anderson’s “The French Dispatch”

Saw it yesterday and loved it. This was my most anticipated 2021 film and it delivered. It feels very much like a spiritual successor to The Grand Budapest Hotel in terms of style, visuals, and direction. It's funny how the overall film is about this one magazine, but even though it focuses on a few key stories, I really enjoyed those stories and the performances within. Whenever one story ended, I found myself wanting more. This felt very much like watching a play in real time, especially in how many of the scenes are shot or when they pause, and that made it all the more immersive.

Don't even get me started on the performances. There were some standouts, like Adrien Brody, Tilda Swinton, Timothée Chalamet, Léa Seydoux...too many people to name. Even smaller performances gave some of the actors quick moments to shine. Yeah, I really dug this movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"