'Westworld' Creators Set Futuristic Drama Series 'The Peripheral' at Amazon

I was really looking forward to this but I have to say I'm not impressed, especially after the second episode. The writing is clunky and the acting mediocre. Still interested in the setting, genre and where the story will lead, but I'm keeping low expectations.

lol um what did I watch?

It's obviously revisiting stuff the Nolans have done in the past like Inception and Reminiscence but more long winded as tv series and more baffling and with a few torture scenes for some reason. The unnatural color grading also makes everything look off. I didn't like it and won't be continuing on for more hours unfortunately.

I enjoyed it. Classic high tech, low life, William Gibson Cyberpunk .

Only criticism I have is that they used the overplayed Clash song London Calling on the credits. Thousands of songs about London and yet every American movie and TV show uses the same bloody song for the last forty years.

I enjoyed the first 2 episodes, the premise is kind of in my wheelhouse.

It shares a few similarities to a John Ringo book I just finished, "Into The Real", which I really enjoyed.

I can kind of see the 'Westworld' comparisons but the 'vibe' kind of reminds me of those mid 90s sci Fi series like Sliders, or even most recently ' Travelers'

Newest episode felt like I was watching some futuristic episode of Ozark.

The latest episode had a character named Reese, a character in a balaclava, and someone getting shot through a brick wall. Greg Plageman totally did an uncredited rewrite on this script :o

I've enjoyed the 1st 3/4 episodes but for some reason I just stopped watching, so hoping I can catch up this week.

Finally caught up and not really sure what to make of the ending

If Flynn died in the stub thenhow does she get to the new stub?also where did her brother disappear to

Also there is zero chemistry between Flynn and Wilf

'The Peripheral' Season 2 News is Imminent According to Amazon Studios Head of Television [Exclusive]
“We are in talks about Season 2 as we speak. We were thrilled to see real engagement and a lot of crossover from ‘The Lord of the Rings’ fans. So, it's kind of what we were hoping, that we were getting a bunch of people into the service for that show, and that they would go on to watch our next show. They're so different in tone, and obviously one's fantasy and one's sci-fi. We're incredibly proud of the producers of ‘The Peripheral.’ So I think there'll be news on that in the not-too-distant future. We're already hard at work on scripts for Season 2 and a plan for Season 2, so nothing to say officially right now, but we're deep into it.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"