• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Civil War What are the rosters going to be?

Start of movie
Cap: Falcon, Scarlet Witch, Winter Soldier, Antman
Tony: Widow, Hawkeye, Hulk, War Machine, Sharon
Neutral: Spidey, Black Panther, Vision

Climax of movie
Cap: Falcon, Scarlet Witch, Winter Soldier, Antman, Sharon, Vision, Spidey
Tony: Widow, Hawkeye, Hulk, War Machine, Black Panther

End of movie
Everyone's all buddy buddies again

Surprised people are putting Vision on Tony's side, the "morally wrong" side, if you will. It would be such a contradiction of the essence of the character. The whole point of Vision was that he seemed to be peaceful at heart. This plus the reception of him lifting the hammer, I would assume Vision's role would be with the team that's in the moral right; which would be cap's.

I could almost see Wanda being on Tony's side.

The two viewpoints aren't necessarily exclusive. If he truly believes the Avengers have crossed the line and need to be held accountable, that'd be the morally right stance in his own mind.

I havent been following the production much to avoid spoilers but the teams, at least in the beginning have been confirmed

Team Cap
7bkD6q.jpg

Team Iron Man
rsSka2.jpg

The big surprise for me is that [BLACKOUT]Widow[/BLACKOUT] is on Tony's side. That's the only thing that is surprising to me really.

Surprised people are putting Vision on Tony's side, the "morally wrong" side, if you will. It would be such a contradiction of the essence of the character. The whole point of Vision was that he seemed to be peaceful at heart. This plus the reception of him lifting the hammer, I would assume Vision's role would be with the team that's in the moral right; which would be cap's.

I could almost see Wanda being on Tony's side.

How is it morally wrong to control people's super powers and find them accountable for their actions?

Look at what's going on in today's political climate, with gun control and everything that's been happening recently. Are the victims families and everyone who wants gun control wrong?

Disclaimer! I am not saying Cap and his team are like the people that did those horrific killings, just that in the fictional movies, many people will die because of super powers and to want them controlled is not morally wrong.

yeah but then the question is, should they be controlled by a government with specific political interests? or by the UN?? or do we text-to-vote what the Avengers do American Idol style???

it's a good issue to delve into, because there's no easy or right answer

as for Vision, I assume he would do whatever he felt would lead to less casualties, and so he might believe government control would be the best way... movie AI's often believe in controlling the populace for their own good

Last edited:
Ideally, neither side will be "morally wrong", and the audience will be forced to choose for themselves who is right. Vision's point of view will be very important for that.

To balance the audience's sympathies, I kinda feel like Cap's team needs to be more OP

If the movie is shown from Cap's perspective, with his side as the "protagonists"
and if his team is less powerful, and seen as the "underdogs"
then audiences will inevitably, unavoidably side with Cap, at least emotionally if not logically

So if you balance Cap's team being the focus with Tony's team being the underdogs, then it'll be much easier to split the audience idealogically

that was the issue in the comics with them saying "we want the audience to choose"
well, if one team gets all the good fun panel time, and the other team has an Empire's worth of resources, who do you think I'm gunna side with??

I havent been following the production much to avoid spoilers but the teams, at least in the beginning have been confirmed

Team Cap
7bkD6q.jpg

Team Iron Man
rsSka2.jpg

The big surprise for me is that [BLACKOUT]Widow[/BLACKOUT] is on Tony's side. That's the only thing that is surprising to me really.
Me too. And I don't like it. But guess we will have to wait and see how that unravels.

Team Cap
7bkD6q.jpg

Team Iron Man
rsSka2.jpg

Agreed, unless [blackout]She's a double agent[/blackout]. I'm very curious what would make her side with Tony.

You know I just realized that Scarlet Witch isnt on either roster.

Yeah the lack of Scarlet Witch is very surprising. The lack of Spider-Man is expected because I have a feeling he won't be taking sides per se but rather just be in awe of all that is happening. I can't help but wonder if the lack of SW is a clue to a potential much bigger spoiler...

Interesting also with this split and the absence of SW, only one current Avenger - Falcon - sided with Cap. :nono:

I guess they missed Tony's parties at the penthouse. :o

Team Cap
7bkD6q.jpg

Team Iron Man
rsSka2.jpg

Not terribly impressed with rosters, can they change the name of the movie Civil Street Fight this late in the game? Not exactly a war is it? Will see how it turns out though, just wish more heroes were involved.

Team Cap
7bkD6q.jpg

Team Iron Man
rsSka2.jpg

Lol team Iron Man is going to annihilate team Cap. Unless Wanda sides with Cap (which she probably will, and Iron Man will get Spidey).

Edit: But what about Ant-Man? And Hulk?

Agreed, unless [blackout]She's a double agent[/blackout]. I'm very curious what would make her side with Tony.

It's consistent with her development in Winter Soldier. If the government's secrets can be dumped wikileaks style, why not superhumans' secrets? Superhumans are more dangerous than governments. Even in AOU, you see this progression (on a personal level) of her trying to abandon/become skeptical of secrecy.

I think the rosters make sense:

Stark feels guilty over Ultron and wants to create a global standard to overcompensate for his mistakes.
Rhodey works for the government, and he became War Machine in IM2 to act as a countermeasure to Iron Man, thus countermeasures and accountability to superhumans are a good thing.
Black Widow, see above
Black Panther is sick of American interventionism, the Superhuman Registration Act is a metaphor for countermeasures against the US (and a way to keep the Act from being coopted by American interests)
Vision sees that a unified, identified, trained, and recruited superhuman force is needed to combat Thanos. Everyone with powers needs to be drafted to save life on earth

Lol team Iron Man is going to annihilate team Cap. Unless Wanda sides with Cap (which she probably will, and Iron Man will get Spidey).

Edit: But what about Ant-Man? And Hulk?

Ant-Man's on Team Cap, and Hulk isn't in this movie.

(and before people bring up the supposed Mark Ruffalo sightings, that wasn't him...)

Interesting also with this split and the absence of SW, only one current Avenger - Falcon - sided with Cap. :nono:

I guess they missed Tony's parties at the penthouse. :o

Anthony Mackie said in an interview that he'd party with Tony, but when the **** hits the fan, he's with Cap all the way. Cap is always on his left, so Falcon is his right hand man. ;)

Is it possible that maybe Wanda won't take part in the conflict because she will be considered the responsible/trigger? According to the rumours, it was her fighting Crossbones what started everything...acting the same role Speedball had in the comic :p

According to the people who saw the footage at D23 she is shown on Cap's team...If that other rumor is true, I could see her not taking part at first but eventually joining Team Cap.

It's consistent with her development in Winter Soldier. If the government's secrets can be dumped wikileaks style, why not superhumans' secrets? Superhumans are more dangerous than governments. Even in AOU, you see this progression (on a personal level) of her trying to abandon/become skeptical of secrecy.

I think the rosters make sense:

Stark feels guilty over Ultron and wants to create a global standard to overcompensate for his mistakes.
Rhodey works for the government, and he became War Machine in IM2 to act as a countermeasure to Iron Man, thus countermeasures and accountability to superhumans are a good thing.
Black Widow, see above
Black Panther is sick of American interventionism, the Superhuman Registration Act is a metaphor for countermeasures against the US (and a way to keep the Act from being coopted by American interests)
Vision sees that a unified, identified, trained, and recruited superhuman force is needed to combat Thanos. Everyone with powers needs to be drafted to save life on earth

Actually, all of her development since TWS would point to her siding with Cap and the ANTI-registration faction. Her being on Tony's side makes ZERO sense given what's happened post-TWS.

I think Vision's reasoning will simply be that registration for the sake of accountability [BLACKOUT]is the logical thing to do.[/BLACKOUT]

Vision is certainly more than a typical robot/android, but he's still very much based in logic and reason rather than emotion. Chances are that he's not immediately inclined to feel [BLACKOUT]cynical towards government regulation.[/BLACKOUT] Vision may possess untold amounts of knowledge, but as Ultron so eloquently put it, he's "unbearably naive".

Tony: "Hey guys, remember what happened the last time that the government was given this level of control?"

OTHER: "Yeah, it turned out that HYDRA was secretly running things, and it nearly ended in disaster."

Tony: "Exactly, now lets do it again."

Others: "Of course, it'll definitely work out fine THIS time. No way that it could possibly blow up in our faces again."

So are they completely idiots, or just have REALLY short memories?

Kind of puzzled about no Wanda and Black Panther being on IM's team. Wanda is likely just a slight omission or something will cause her not to be a part of the film after the supposed Africa incident. As for BP, Feige said BP would be neutral in the film so seeing him on a team is surprising.

Ant-Man's on Team Cap, and Hulk isn't in this movie.

(and before people bring up the supposed Mark Ruffalo sightings, that wasn't him...)
Oh I thought the Hulk stuff was real. And I didn't see Ant-Man in the pic of Team Cap (or is that the joke? lol).

EDIT: Nevermind, I found him :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"