What are the worst comic book movies of all time?

You know those awful action movies from the 80's that you can watch and laugh at because they're so brain-dead and excessive? That will be X-Men Origins Wolverine in a few years. A definite contender for worst CBM.

The difference is that movies like Commando, Rambo, etc are actually enjoyably stupid and over the top. Origins is just annoyingly stupid. Thank god that we got a good Wolverine film in 2013.

I, Frankenstein.
:barf:
Now that I finally saw that p.o.s, it deserves resurrecting this old thread to mention it.
I saw Steel to see if I like it like I did 15 years ago, it is miles more entertaining than that crapfest, and I mean Steel is actually entertaining.

I, Frankenstein is easily one of the worst movies I have ever seen, not simply one of the worst CBMs.

I tried to watch Steel a few weeks ago..

Hot damn....

bullllls**t
IM3 was great

bottom 5 all-time:
-Catwoman
-XO: Wolverine
-Superman III
-Batman & Robin
-Captain America (1990)

honorable mentions: Elektra, Punisher: Warzone, Jonah Hex

Hi there, everybody. :)

Off the top of my head:

- Catwoman.
- Spider-man 3.
- Batman & Robin.
- Fantastic Four and its sequel.
- The Amazing Spider-man 2.
- Supergirl.
- Superman III and IV.

Cheers.

Iron Man 3 and Thor: TDW are not among the ''worst comic book movies of all time''.

GTFO of here with that nonsense.

bullllls**t
IM3 was great

bottom 5 all-time:
-Catwoman
-XO: Wolverine
-Superman III
-Batman & Robin
-Captain America (1990)

honorable mentions: Elektra, Punisher: Warzone, Jonah Hex

Pretty much this.

People writing down stuff like IM3, TDKR, Thor 2, Amazing Spiderman etc cant be serious. Those movies may not be great but they are competently made and very technically sound with good individual performances. When there's real horrible stuff like Steel,Catwoman and Jonah Hex out there, i just cant process how you can lump any of these movies with those pieces of ****e

I'd genuinely consider Spider-Man 3 to be among the worst. It's a piss poor attempt at storytelling, on the level of other badly regarded messes. Extremely disappointing and unintentionally laughable. Often groan-inducing. And memorable for many wrong reasons. There's no way it escapes the "Worst" category.

I'd genuinely consider Spider-Man 3 to be among the worst. It's a piss poor attempt at storytelling, on the level of other badly regarded messes. Extremely disappointing and unintentionally laughable. Often groan-inducing. And memorable for many wrong reasons. There's no way it escapes the "Worst" category.

Hi, Nemeres. :)

I agree with you. But I thought that was like the consensus on Spider-man 3?

Cheers.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 fits that description like a glove far more than Spider-Man 3 which is FAR from being one of the worst. It's not even a contender. Spider-Man 3 falls more into the category of X-Men 3 and Superman Returns. Flawed, disappointing, big missed opportunity, but not one of the worst.

Or, they hate those movies that much.
Is IM3 one of the worst comic films of all time? No, it's definitely a better made film than the worst, but that doesn't mean I can't hate that film just as much as some of the worst.

I'm the only one to think of I, Frankenstein.?
It's worse than plenty of the movies listed in this thread, far worse, it makes Batman & Robin look like Batman Forever in comparison.

X3 ...no REAL Phoenix... Bastards!

Wonder Woman (Cathy Lee Crosby) 1974

Steel

Batman Begins

The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Rises

X3 ...no REAL Phoenix... Bastards!

Wonder Woman (Cathy Lee Crosby) 1974

Steel

Batman Begins

The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Rises

Howdy, Guardian7. :)

I remember Wonder Woman with Cathy Lee Crosby. Ricardo "Khan Mr. Rourke" Montalban was in that one. I think it was supposed to be the Wonder Woman TV series pilot. But it failed.

Cheers.

I'm the only one to think of I, Frankenstein.?
It's worse than plenty of the movies listed in this thread, far worse, it makes Batman & Robin look like Batman Forever in comparison.

Can't speak for everyone else, but in my case, that's probably because I just haven't seen it. Passed on that one for looking about as bad as you describe.

You never really know until you watch a movie, but if a trailer from a genre that appeals to me can't hook me, then that just spells trouble. Even some of the worst genre flicks had good trailers (300, Van Helsing, MoS, LXG, TASM 2, X-Men Origins, etc.)

Hi, Nemeres. :)

I agree with you. But I thought that was like the consensus on Spider-man 3?

Cheers.

Hey!

I'd say it is, broadly speaking, although it has its defenders. I'm only speaking for myself, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"