• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

What are you doing to help promote the film

I told my poker buddies about it and I will be taking my gf even though I know she will not like it.

How much do you care at the moment?

I dunno... I am 50/50... I'll probably end up seeing it. Haven't been to a theatre since September if I remember correctly... which is a long time for me. Might just check out the visuals and the the green screen effects. I'll admit it takes talent to create shots like that. Should at least be entertaining. Not expecting any worthy story of note, certainly not one comparable to the novel.

I think WB will be doing all the promoting it needs...

Unfortunately, I won't be promoting the film until halloween where me and some friends will be trying to cover the watchmen line up (If anyone can help me find a silk spectre outfit for my girlfriend it would be a lot of help) at a local rock venue. It worked last year where I was the joker with a load of goons going round jokerizing people, I managed to win best fdressed with 6 months free entry and free drinks. I will be doing something on a similar scale this year with the Watchmen.

My facebook statuses frequently have mentions of Watchmen.

Same here. Also, on March 6th, I'm painting my whole head blue and wearing contacts. Just about everybody I know at school don't know anything about Watchmen so everybody will be like :huh: when they see me.

I plan on throwing one of my friends through a window.

I've been saving up money to buy copies of the GN for all my near and dears, and we'll have a round table reading of the book. Cause that's how faithful a live action anything can be. :grin:

I wanna know what WB is doing to make me want to promote this..:huh:

In my design class at the end of the day i always bring up a word document and type up one of Rorschach's journals with 3.6.09 on the bottom and leave it for someone else to find :)

the couple of people i have lend the GN thought it was great, and are looking forward to the film.

Nothing really. Some of my friends have become self-aware of the movie and are now asking questions about it and the comic.

Lent my copy of watchmen to a friend

My brother's really interested in the film now. He was asking me question about the film and definately wants to see it. My mom does too.

I actually forced my brother to watch the moving gn version and then he was hooked. I told him to read the comic, but he hasn't.

I've been saving up money to buy copies of the GN for all my near and dears, and we'll have a round table reading of the book. Cause that's how faithful a live action anything can be. :grin:
That's awesome. But I know that if I was involved in something like that, there'd be a fight over who'd get to play Rorschach.

My copy of the Watchmen made the rounds around my ship....
...I cant wait for this movie to come out so people can shut the hell up about TDK

1) lent my comic to anyone who wants it (even if all they do is leaf through it, at least they are already aware at what its about)

2.) watch the tv spots/ official site video feeds. (most effective)

3.) arranged a Watchmen movie day at my workplace :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"