What do you think about Marvel movies?

cutiepie123

Civilian
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm a student and i'm doing a research on popular culture. I decided to write about Marvel movies. I have a few questions and I would be very happy if you could answer it. Before you start answering,I just want if it's okay with you, that you write me long answers, if it's possible. Okay, now questions:
1. Why do you think Marvel movies are so popular, what makes them so popular, the reasons why are the popular, why people love to watch them?
2. What do you think, did they have some affect on popular culture? If so , how?
3.Would Marvel movies also be popular in the future as they are now? Explain a little.
4. What is you favorite movies and superhero and why?
I know it's a bit long, but I would be very thankful if someone answer it.

1. Marvel films are popular because they are based on some of the most iconic fictional characters that have been ingrained in our pop culture conscience for decades. nOt just the movies but in the comics Marvel is known to portray "human first superhero second" type of writing. People find this relatable, i.e. Spider-man.

2. Marvel films have absolutely had an effect on pop culture. Just an example, look at the MCU. It has changed the way people view cinema and serialized the storytelling in a way that tv has been doing forever. You see other studios trying to mimic this formula.

3. Maybe I'm delusional but I think Marvel films will always be popular, some more popular than others but popular nonetheless. Comics are such a huge part of the American culture and other places around the world. They provide escapism that I think everyone, or most can relate to.

4. My favorite movies are the rated R Blade, The first 2 Xmen films, the first 2 spiderman films, Avengers 1, 3 & 4, Black Panther and more(too long I know I am forgetting some). My favorite superhero is Spiderman because I think he has always been the most down to earth superhero to me. The fact that this very cool hero that has an amazing costume and amazing powers, also has the same problems of a common teenager was always fascinating to me. The relationship problems, the school problems, struggling with being poor, etc. It's just something about Spider-man that is timeless. Hes such an icon.

hopefully this helped LOL

1. Marvel films are popular because they are based on some of the most iconic fictional characters that have been ingrained in our pop culture conscience for decades. nOt just the movies but in the comics Marvel is known to portray "human first superhero second" type of writing. People find this relatable, i.e. Spider-man.

2. Marvel films have absolutely had an effect on pop culture. Just an example, look at the MCU. It has changed the way people view cinema and serialized the storytelling in a way that tv has been doing forever. You see other studios trying to mimic this formula.

3. Maybe I'm delusional but I think Marvel films will always be popular, some more popular than others but popular nonetheless. Comics are such a huge part of the American culture and other places around the world. They provide escapism that I think everyone, or most can relate to.

4. My favorite movies are the rated R Blade, The first 2 Xmen films, the first 2 spiderman films, Avengers 1, 3 & 4, Black Panther and more(too long I know I am forgetting some). My favorite superhero is Spiderman because I think he has always been the most down to earth superhero to me. The fact that this very cool hero that has an amazing costume and amazing powers, also has the same problems of a common teenager was always fascinating to me. The relationship problems, the school problems, struggling with being poor, etc. It's just something about Spider-man that is timeless. Hes such an icon.

hopefully this helped LOL
Thank you so much. I'm very thankful

Hope it's not too late to put in my two cents...

1. Why do you think Marvel movies are so popular, what makes them so popular, the reasons why are the popular, why people love to watch them?

The characters themselves have a pre-existing fanbase who had been hoping to see them on the silver screen for ages. And then the technology to properly do so was perfected. In addition audiences in general enjoy well-made and visually impressive action/adventure movies. The popularity of such movies has only increased as movie tickets have gotten more expensive and the option of watching movies at home more convenient. People these days are more likely to go to the cinema for the experience which benefits so-called blockbuster movies.

What I think has set Marvel apart from its rivals is quality control and willingness to embrace what made their source material popular to begin with (such as the "shared universe"). MCU films are quite consistent in both tone and quality. And that tone I think is important. Many past comic book movies have either tried to downplay their comic book origin or have played it up in a campy fashion, even possibly using it as an excuse for poor quality and bad writing. MCU is an unapologetically fun, funny and colourful franchise filled with characters in silly costumes, aliens, frost giants and talking raccoons who are nonetheless portrayed respectfully and whose stories are told with talent and care.

2. What do you think, did they have some affect on popular culture? If so , how?

The one obvious thing that comes to mind is the concept of cinematic universe. There have been crossovers between popular characters and franchises before but MCU certainly took it to another level. Another affect it has had is playing a fairly significant part in popularisation of the so-called geek culture.

3.Would Marvel movies also be popular in the future as they are now? Explain a little.

I think there's a decent chance they will. It has happened to other franchises. Star Wars movies remain popular. As do James Bond films. Marvel's dominance of the silver screen may not be as overwhelming as it is currently and this may be remembered as the golden age of superhero movies. However there will probably continue to be a market for entertaining adventure films about larger-than-life yet relatable characters.

If I have to pick my favourite comic book films, I think I'll go with the first two X-Men films, Avengers, Captain America: Winter Soldier and Dark Knight. X-Men movies I enjoyed because it featured some of my favourite characters and the sort of paved the way for other superhero movies. Avengers captured perfectly the fun of seeing different superheroes coming together. Winter Soldier and Dark Knight are just really well-made movies.

My favourite superheroes are probably Spider-Man and the X-Men. Spider-Man is a prime example of a sympathetic everyman character and with X-Men I enjoy the idea of group of outsiders finding each other and becoming a family.

Hope it's not too late to put in my two cents...

The characters themselves have a pre-existing fanbase who had been hoping to see them on the silver screen for ages. And then the technology to properly do so was perfected. In addition audiences in general enjoy well-made and visually impressive action/adventure movies. The popularity of such movies has only increased as movie tickets have gotten more expensive and the option of watching movies at home more convenient. People these days are more likely to go to the cinema for the experience which benefits so-called blockbuster movies.

What I think has set Marvel apart from its rivals is quality control and willingness to embrace what made their source material popular to begin with (such as the "shared universe"). MCU films are quite consistent in both tone and quality. And that tone I think is important. Many past comic book movies have either tried to downplay their comic book origin or have played it up in a campy fashion, even possibly using it as an excuse for poor quality and bad writing. MCU is an unapologetically fun, funny and colourful franchise filled with characters in silly costumes, aliens, frost giants and talking raccoons who are nonetheless portrayed respectfully and whose stories are told with talent and care.

The one obvious thing that comes to mind is the concept of cinematic universe. There have been crossovers between popular characters and franchises before but MCU certainly took it to another level. Another affect it has had is playing a fairly significant part in popularisation of the so-called geek culture.

I think there's a decent chance they will. It has happened to other franchises. Star Wars movies remain popular. As do James Bond films. Marvel's dominance of the silver screen may not be as overwhelming as it is currently and this may be remembered as the golden age of superhero movies. However there will probably continue to be a market for entertaining adventure films about larger-than-life yet relatable characters.

If I have to pick my favourite comic book films, I think I'll go with the first two X-Men films, Avengers, Captain America: Winter Soldier and Dark Knight. X-Men movies I enjoyed because it featured some of my favourite characters and the sort of paved the way for other superhero movies. Avengers captured perfectly the fun of seeing different superheroes coming together. Winter Soldier and Dark Knight are just really well-made movies.

My favourite superheroes are probably Spider-Man and the X-Men. Spider-Man is a prime example of a sympathetic everyman character and with X-Men I enjoy the idea of group of outsiders finding each other and becoming a family.
Hey, thanks for replying. It's not too late don't worry.

I like Marvel comics, although less so the Avengers characters, but tend to dislike the Marvel Studios films. Regardless,

1. I think they're popular mainly from going against the superhero cliches, that superheroes are loved by the public and have a successful and/or stable personal life. The Marvel characters tend to have a lot of personal problems, high costs to being a hero, and otherwise be distinct whether it be Spider-Man and the X-Men having a lot of angst, Iron Man often being less than role model-y, Captain America being willing to go against the government.
With the Marvel Studios films in particular, they often have a light, comical approach to the material, a lot of viewers like that it's not taking itself too seriously, pokes fun at some of its own elements, while also having some serious elements including with the story and social commentary, and a lot of people love that combination and find it very effective; it has some drama and dark element and yet overall feels, including in endings, pretty feel-good, upbeat. And in particular many people found Downey Jr. as Stark and Evans as Captain America compelling, especially that Captain America isn't the stereotypical two-dimensional/simple-minded do-gooder his name and previous reputation might imply.

2. The main effects are probably just adding to the bigger trends of having more unconventional heroes (ones with clear personal flaws, a lot of snarkiness like Jack Sparrow) and more multifilm pretty interconnected series, audiences accepting that in a series there will often be cliffhangers and a lot unresolved in a particular installment (like with Twilight and Harry Potter), also that it's not only OK but good for action movies to involve some social commentary about real issues like mass surveillance (and also OK for the movies to take ambivalent stances).

Also that it's OK, even cool, for superheroes to share the spotlight with other superheroes, sidekicks or not, that big ensembles can work, and that it's positive to have more diversity in the casts (like audiences tending to embrace Falcon, War Machine, later Black Panther, also reflected in the comics Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen emerging and teaming up with Peter Parker in adaptations).

3. Hard to say. A lot of the early success was driven by Downey Jr. and Evans but the success of Ant-Man, Doctor Strange and Black Panther and Captain Marvel shows there's still openness to new characters succeeding. The audiences are probably also still are interested in Hulk and Thor continuing.

A big blow could happen if the viewers get tired of having a lot of snarkiness or crossovers (and/or big ensemble casts) but that's unlikely to happen for a while and the movies could also gradually shift away from those aspects.

4. My favorites are Spider-Man 2, the first 2 X-Men, The Incredible Hulk as well as Batman Returns and Superman 78 and Watchmen. Spider-Man and Batman are my favorite heroes.

I like Marvel comics, although less so the Avengers characters, but tend to dislike the Marvel Studios films. Regardless,

1. I think they're popular mainly from going against the superhero cliches, that superheroes are loved by the public and have a successful and/or stable personal life. The Marvel characters tend to have a lot of personal problems, high costs to being a hero, and otherwise be distinct whether it be Spider-Man and the X-Men having a lot of angst, Iron Man often being less than role model-y, Captain America being willing to go against the government.
With the Marvel Studios films in particular, they often have a light, comical approach to the material, a lot of viewers like that it's not taking itself too seriously, pokes fun at some of its own elements, while also having some serious elements including with the story and social commentary, and a lot of people love that combination and find it very effective; it has some drama and dark element and yet overall feels, including in endings, pretty feel-good, upbeat. And in particular many people found Downey Jr. as Stark and Evans as Captain America compelling, especially that Captain America isn't the stereotypical two-dimensional/simple-minded do-gooder his name and previous reputation might imply.

2. The main effects are probably just adding to the bigger trends of having more unconventional heroes (ones with clear personal flaws, a lot of snarkiness like Jack Sparrow) and more multifilm pretty interconnected series, audiences accepting that in a series there will often be cliffhangers and a lot unresolved in a particular installment (like with Twilight and Harry Potter), also that it's not only OK but good for action movies to involve some social commentary about real issues like mass surveillance (and also OK for the movies to take ambivalent stances).

Also that it's OK, even cool, for superheroes to share the spotlight with other superheroes, sidekicks or not, that big ensembles can work, and that it's positive to have more diversity in the casts (like audiences tending to embrace Falcon, War Machine, later Black Panther, also reflected in the comics Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen emerging and teaming up with Peter Parker in adaptations).

3. Hard to say. A lot of the early success was driven by Downey Jr. and Evans but the success of Ant-Man, Doctor Strange and Black Panther and Captain Marvel shows there's still openness to new characters succeeding. The audiences are probably also still are interested in Hulk and Thor continuing.

A big blow could happen if the viewers get tired of having a lot of snarkiness or crossovers (and/or big ensemble casts) but that's unlikely to happen for a while and the movies could also gradually shift away from those aspects.

4. My favorites are Spider-Man 2, the first 2 X-Men, The Incredible Hulk as well as Batman Returns and Superman 78 and Watchmen. Spider-Man and Batman are my favorite heroes.
Thanks for reply. I really appreciate it

Hi everyone. I'm a student and i'm doing a research on popular culture. I decided to write about Marvel movies. I have a few questions and I would be very happy if you could answer it. Before you start answering,I just want if it's okay with you, that you write me long answers, if it's possible. Okay, now questions:
I know it's a bit long, but I would be very thankful if someone answer it.

1) For Marvel in general, they make superheroes relatable: Spider-man with being a working class teenager and X-men with bigotry. With MCU is has become a cultural event where people collectively share a community experience. This was due to the interconnected cross over cinematic universe. If you miss one movie you were left out the loop.

2) The Marvel movies are cross generational where people grew up on them or shared the films with their young children to initiate them. Outside of that they are heavily memed which helps them stay in the public consciousness.

3) Marvel movies, especially the MCU, will remain popular because they've become a family tradition and family traditions die hard.

4) Infinity War and Into the Spider-verse are among my favorites because they feature my favorite heroes and they're so well executed. They're the kind of films where can't imagine any footage being any different. Also the way they're told from Miles and Thanos perspective is so vivid and powerful yet novel in the way the story is told.

1) For Marvel in general, they make superheroes relatable: Spider-man with being a working class teenager and X-men with bigotry. With MCU is has become a cultural event where people collectively share a community experience. This was due to the interconnected cross over cinematic universe. If you miss one movie you were left out the loop.

2) The Marvel movies are cross generational where people grew up on them or shared the films with their young children to initiate them. Outside of that they are heavily memed which helps them stay in the public consciousness.

3) Marvel movies, especially the MCU, will remain popular because they've become a family tradition and family traditions die hard.

4) Infinity War and Into the Spider-verse are among my favorites because they feature my favorite heroes and they're so well executed. They're the kind of films where can't imagine any footage being any different. Also the way they're told from Miles and Thanos perspective is so vivid and powerful yet novel in the way the story is told.
Thank you for reply :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"